Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Merrowfins? "New" Tailmaker

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I wish you luck and am excited to see what you guys come up with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All my favorite things from Mertailor will be explored more from Merrowfins, looking forward to see what you guys will do!

Are you doing different scale-designs?

I'm pretty stoked, to be honest. Everything I've loved by The Mertailor was mostly Matt's work, so I'm eager to see what kind of stuff you guys are able to produce with your own company!

Good luck with it, Matt and Eden! <3
    Last edited by Starfrit; 08-05-2015 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Fixed some wording, because redundant wording was redundant.

Thanks EdenSirene! This is all great news, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the amazing designs and creations you guys will come up with.
    xoxo

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    oooooooooooooo those flukes. im curisous to see how business is going to be for bothh companies in a few months/year or 2

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Congrats Matt and Eden!!! Super stoked to see what you guys create!
    The SeaGlass Siren

I'm really excited about this company. I really need a new tail as soon as I have the funds together, and because I love those exact flukes the most from all tailmakers' designs there is (I was going to get my full silicone one from Mertailor because of the designs, but after my last experience with him I'm not going to purchase anything from him ever again) I think that this is the company where I'm going to purchase my dream tail from. I've already sent some e-mails with MerrowFins and after those I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a tail from them when I have the money, actually I think I have saved enough already before the end of this year.
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

Quote Originally Posted by Merenneito Nerissa View Post
    I'm really excited about this company. I really need a new tail as soon as I have the funds together, and because I love those exact flukes the most from all tailmakers' designs there is (I was going to get my full silicone one from Mertailor because of the designs, but after my last experience with him I'm not going to purchase anything from him ever again) I think that this is the company where I'm going to purchase my dream tail from. I've already sent some e-mails with MerrowFins and after those I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a tail from them when I have the money, actually I think I have saved enough already before the end of this year.
    That's very exciting news!

I have every confidence in Merrow Fins. Wishing them all the best!

Dat barnacle mold, tho...
    Check it out on their Facebook if you haven't seen it!!! Incredible!
    Find me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and my WEBSITE
    Formerly known as Madison Juliette

I've seen it. It gives me shivers. Of the bad kind. Because it looks nasty!!!! (I hate looking at holes)
    but it does look incredibly detailed!!
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    I sense a touch of trypophobia. Don't google the suriname toad.

Not a touch. A massive ;-;
    also I may or may not have seen that toad. Is that the one with the toad eggs attached to it's mothers back? Cuz that's nasty.
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    just recently put in a request for a tail from Merrowfins. I'm so excited.
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

Yes....it will be very interesting. Generally when a new product line launches they have a website with a few basic pieces of their work. My friend recently launched a luxury lingerie business. She did 2 years of research, developed the product line and had a fully functioning website before she even mentioned THE NAME of the company. You can check it out here: http://www.chloeaurelia.com/

I say this to advise caution before placing orders. We all know our hearts and sweat go into these tails. Would be nice to see a bit more go into the business before investing.

Quote Originally Posted by Venessa Louisiana Mermaid View Post
    Would be nice to see a bit more go into the business before investing.
    We kind of did. Technically. Through Mertailor's business and during last Merfest. Matt was the sculptor artist behind most of Mertailor's fluke designs and he was part of "lobster" tail project we have seen back at the event.

Contacted them for more info on their company so I can put them in the up and coming tailmakers section But like with any new tailmaker, there are pros and cons that you should be aware of before/when ordering.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    We kind of did. Technically. Through Mertailor's business and during last Merfest. Matt was the sculptor artist behind most of Mertailor's fluke designs and he was part of "lobster" tail project we have seen back at the event.
    Gotcha. I just think plenty of people may not know that connection, especially new mers who are in the tail market. Regardless, having these simple things worked out and putting your line, background info, prices, etc on a website, even a simple one would be good business practice. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Venessa Louisiana Mermaid View Post
    Regardless, having these simple things worked out and putting your line, background info, prices, etc on a website, even a simple one would be good business practice.
    I agree. I would want to see examples of multiple products if I were to even think about ordering.

We know that Matt is capable of INCREDIBLE, imaginative sculpts as he demonstrated when he was associated with the Mertailor. I know I am new to the mermaiding world, but it appears to me that a big problem that people have with the Mertailor is lack of consistency (and bad customer service which is a whole different beast all together).

Here is the kicker for me: The Mertailor has produced awesome tails AND problematic tails using their molds (which definitely sounds like less of a sculpt/mold problem and more of a problem in other aspects of tailmaking that Matt may or may not have participated in).

Yes, Mertailor as a company cranked out a SICK lobster tail to debut at MerFest, and we've all seen how gorgeous their tails CAN be. But when it comes down to day-in day-out tailmaking for the average client, the Mertailor seems consistently inconsistent. It breaks my heart to read old (and new!) posts about this. Matt is clearly very very talented at sculpting, but it sucks that he was previously associated with a company that often produced a less-than-stellar product despite good sculpts/molds.

I hope that Merrowfins will post photos of how their repairs turned out and that those mers will post reviews. I know I can't wait to see some real examples of tails that Matt makes on his own. I was ready to throw down a deposit based on those barnacles alone! JUST TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!!!!!! Haha
    Find me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and my WEBSITE
    Formerly known as Madison Juliette

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    The thing is though if no one takes the chance to order from them we will never get to see what they are capable of, whether it be positive or negative.
    I agree a certain amount of cation should had with any new tail maker. Thankfully i'm not buying one of the full silicone tails from Matt and getting the silicone/fabric which is pretty much he equivalent to The Mertailor's basic silicone tail, at a slightly cheaper price. but believe me I'm aware of the wrist i'm taking but like stated before hand i atleast have some idea of what Matt is capable of because of his previous work with Eric, so that's a plus.
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...