Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Merrowfins? "New" Tailmaker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EdenSirene View Post
    Hello let me introduce Merrow Fins.. We are a company that will put our customers first and our options will be limitless.. We want to be able to reach everyone's budgets and will not be copying Eric.. This is a Right To Work State and we have the right to create beautiful art and make mermaids and mermen's dreams come true. We will have many new authentic exciting new flukes with many new fin options.. We will also have many other artistic pieces to buy so we can truly reach all your needs. Many people share the same job just as Raven and Eric, Erin (Mernation), and Jessica Mer all live here is Florida and create beautiful works of art. Each tail maker is different in their own art and should be able to embrace that. What we at Merrow Fins want is satisfied, ecstatic, Mers in love with their tails and we will do everything to deliver it. Nothing is copied from the Mertailor and Eric .. Even though some of the best pieces done like the lobster was by Mathew.. We as a company wish each tail maker the best of luck as we all continue thriving in this deep blue sea and I am most excited to see some of you in our tails . Yes we will have a beautiful leaf fluke and it comes in options for each individual Mer.. We look forward to serving this awesome community!!!
    How long does it take for a basic tail for u guys to make

Sent from my LGL56VL using MerNetwork mobile app
    Sent from My Shell Phone Mermaid Auquita

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook

Congrats, Eden and Merrow Fins! I look forward to seeing wonderful work from you guys!

Name:  12512011_911252212322514_531752572_n.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  277.2 KBName:  12516092_911252192322516_30892060_n.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  124.5 KB
    Loving this new scale pattern Matt did! Cant wait to have it on my tail! What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanora View Post
    Name:  12512011_911252212322514_531752572_n.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  277.2 KBName:  12516092_911252192322516_30892060_n.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  124.5 KB
    Loving this new scale pattern Matt did! Cant wait to have it on my tail! What do you guys think?
    At a first glance I think they look good, although having a closer look I can see what others are saying about the 'rushed' look.

I love the general shape and design. I think the bumps give it a sort of rugged, natural look The parallel lines... not so much... but you won't see that unless you're inspecting the tail up close. I'm looking forward to seeing what the finished tail looks like. What matters most is that you're happy with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I wish you luck and am excited to see what you guys come up with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All my favorite things from Mertailor will be explored more from Merrowfins, looking forward to see what you guys will do!

Are you doing different scale-designs?

I'm pretty stoked, to be honest. Everything I've loved by The Mertailor was mostly Matt's work, so I'm eager to see what kind of stuff you guys are able to produce with your own company!

Good luck with it, Matt and Eden! <3
    Last edited by Starfrit; 08-05-2015 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Fixed some wording, because redundant wording was redundant.

Thanks EdenSirene! This is all great news, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the amazing designs and creations you guys will come up with.
    xoxo

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    oooooooooooooo those flukes. im curisous to see how business is going to be for bothh companies in a few months/year or 2

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Congrats Matt and Eden!!! Super stoked to see what you guys create!
    The SeaGlass Siren

I'm really excited about this company. I really need a new tail as soon as I have the funds together, and because I love those exact flukes the most from all tailmakers' designs there is (I was going to get my full silicone one from Mertailor because of the designs, but after my last experience with him I'm not going to purchase anything from him ever again) I think that this is the company where I'm going to purchase my dream tail from. I've already sent some e-mails with MerrowFins and after those I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a tail from them when I have the money, actually I think I have saved enough already before the end of this year.
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

Quote Originally Posted by Merenneito Nerissa View Post
    I'm really excited about this company. I really need a new tail as soon as I have the funds together, and because I love those exact flukes the most from all tailmakers' designs there is (I was going to get my full silicone one from Mertailor because of the designs, but after my last experience with him I'm not going to purchase anything from him ever again) I think that this is the company where I'm going to purchase my dream tail from. I've already sent some e-mails with MerrowFins and after those I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a tail from them when I have the money, actually I think I have saved enough already before the end of this year.
    That's very exciting news!

I have every confidence in Merrow Fins. Wishing them all the best!

Dat barnacle mold, tho...
    Check it out on their Facebook if you haven't seen it!!! Incredible!
    Find me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and my WEBSITE
    Formerly known as Madison Juliette

I've seen it. It gives me shivers. Of the bad kind. Because it looks nasty!!!! (I hate looking at holes)
    but it does look incredibly detailed!!
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    I sense a touch of trypophobia. Don't google the suriname toad.

Not a touch. A massive ;-;
    also I may or may not have seen that toad. Is that the one with the toad eggs attached to it's mothers back? Cuz that's nasty.
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    just recently put in a request for a tail from Merrowfins. I'm so excited.
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

Yes....it will be very interesting. Generally when a new product line launches they have a website with a few basic pieces of their work. My friend recently launched a luxury lingerie business. She did 2 years of research, developed the product line and had a fully functioning website before she even mentioned THE NAME of the company. You can check it out here: http://www.chloeaurelia.com/

I say this to advise caution before placing orders. We all know our hearts and sweat go into these tails. Would be nice to see a bit more go into the business before investing.

Quote Originally Posted by Venessa Louisiana Mermaid View Post
    Would be nice to see a bit more go into the business before investing.
    We kind of did. Technically. Through Mertailor's business and during last Merfest. Matt was the sculptor artist behind most of Mertailor's fluke designs and he was part of "lobster" tail project we have seen back at the event.