Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Merrowfins? "New" Tailmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    Well it sounds like his customer service is still shot... How is the quality? I know some other mers have shown some pretty poor seams and such.
    The seams aren't terrible, but the paint job is 100 percent junk. I don't know if it's supposed to be lighter (like a yellow) at the base of the scales or if it's a shitty paint job, because that's not what I had hoped for when submitting my colorscheme. The paint will rub off if you touch it in the right spot like on my dorsal, and it looks like there's lots of human hairs embedded in the silicone. Like long hair, enough to leave a raised ridge on the surface of the silicone.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MissLunaBelle View Post
    T\The paint will rub off if you touch it in the right spot like on my dorsal, and it looks like there's lots of human hairs embedded in the silicone. Like long hair, enough to leave a raised ridge on the surface of the silicone.
    Thats ... gross. :c

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    Thats ... gross. :c
    Seconding... that is utterly disgusting!

My word @_@. For his sake, I hope he has a really good explanation -_-
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod Okeanos's Avatar
    I was considering buying a tail from him but there are so many mixed reviews, here and on Facebook. Should I be wary?

Visit Sammi_Ray's Youtube Channel
    I placed my order for a basic tail, communication was great when asking questions but now i have nothing. I don't really no how this works and when they send you updates. I was given a 6-12 week wait time. I am very nervous. I was crippled with paying shipping up front and i live in the UK aswell.. can someone give me some advice and calm my nerves? :-)

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammi_Ray View Post
    I placed my order for a basic tail, communication was great when asking questions but now i have nothing. I don't really no how this works and when they send you updates. I was given a 6-12 week wait time. I am very nervous. I was crippled with paying shipping up front and i live in the UK aswell.. can someone give me some advice and calm my nerves? :-)
    Several users here bought a basic tail from Merrowfins, and you can look through this thread for a clue if you haven't already. Earlier on this page, Belle mentions she had a 9 month wait with no communication, but not everyone has that issue.

I'd say the single hardest thing for a new tailmaker to get right isn't quality (don't get me wrong, that's hard enough) but consistency. I don't think Merrowfins is at that level yet, but you might get lucky.

If you're interested, I started a discussion on the issues in a thread under the Tailmaking section.

Bottom line -- I'm sure you'll get it eventually, hopefully soon... though lack of comms and progress pics remains an issue he needs to fix. All the best!
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Visit Sammi_Ray's Youtube Channel
    So its been past the min quote time of 6 weeks. So i sent him an email asking if it was more like the 12 week deadline and i have had nothing back at all... so i got my friend to send an email asking for a tail and got a response within a few hours..
    So far...i am very anxious.. i've not asked for the moon on a stick, just a yes or no question... really don't no what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammi_Ray View Post
    So its been past the min quote time of 6 weeks. So i sent him an email asking if it was more like the 12 week deadline and i have had nothing back at all... so i got my friend to send an email asking for a tail and got a response within a few hours..
    So far...i am very anxious.. i've not asked for the moon on a stick, just a yes or no question... really don't no what to do.
    Email him and force him to respond by threatening to file a paypal claim and a claim with the BBB that will kick his ass in gear. Ask for progress photos and make sure you give a deadline by which you want the photos (ex: Tuesday April 3 or i will file a paypal claim for a full refund) that way if he can't supply the photos you know he hasn't even started work on it because he should have at least something done on the tail that he can send a photo of immediately.

I hope you get a response back and the tail is what you wanted, i just saw a tail he put out with a very upset customer review.

It’s been 8 months since I placed my order with Merrowfins. I’m getting so much anxiety because I’m supposed to go swimming in San Marcos, Tx this summer and I can’t even get progress photos from Matt. He claimed that he is almost done with my tail back in January. It’s April now and he hasn’t answered any of my messages. I’ve been messaging him politely for months now and he still haven’t responded with progress photos. I really hope I’m not getting scammed because that is alot of money for my tail to not be produced.

Wow! Eight months is a long wait. I don't remember how long it took for Matt to send mine, but it was quite a while. He seemed sincere when we were talking. That was in 2015. My guess is he may be overwhelmed. That's only a guess.

Keep at it, though.

I want to give him the benefit of a doubt. It's possible he could be backlogged or overwhelmed, but I would still appreciate him taking a minute to reply to my messages. I send maybe one or two each month to see how things are with my tail. It says, "Seen" but he wouldn't respond. It makes me wonder if he haven't even started on my tail yet. He also would never respond when I ask for progress photos too. If I don't hear anything by the end of the month I'm considering filing a dispute through BBB or paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaidtanya View Post
    I want to give him the benefit of a doubt. It's possible he could be backlogged or overwhelmed, but I would still appreciate him taking a minute to reply to my messages. I send maybe one or two each month to see how things are with my tail. It says, "Seen" but he wouldn't respond. It makes me wonder if he haven't even started on my tail yet. He also would never respond when I ask for progress photos too. If I don't hear anything by the end of the month I'm considering filing a dispute through BBB or paypal.
    Why are you waiting to file the pp dispute? File it now and let him know you've done it. You've given him more than enough time and haven't even gotten progress photos. The longer you wait the closer you get to the claim cut off point

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Momo View Post
    Why are you waiting to file the pp dispute? File it now and let him know you've done it. You've given him more than enough time and haven't even gotten progress photos. The longer you wait the closer you get to the claim cut off point

You got a good point. I could have filed a dispute a long time ago. However, he just messaged me last night stating he’ll finally have progress photos next week. Cross our fingers he’ll actually do it.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

It took 9 months to get my tail from him, it didn't have it's glitter top coat and it wasn't blacklight reactive (both of which were agreed on). I wish you the best of luck with your tail...

Quote Originally Posted by MissLunaBelle View Post
    It took 9 months to get my tail from him, it didn't have it's glitter top coat and it wasn't blacklight reactive (both of which were agreed on). I wish you the best of luck with your tail...

Thanks. I’m trying to stay positive and hope for the best. Sorry that your tail didn’t work out. :/

I just got my progress photo today and I wish I could post it here! It’s so beautiful. All I can say is, the paint job looks like water colors and it has big side fins on the hips and medium side fins near the ankles. I’ll post it whenever he finishes the tail.

Congratulations! It sounds lovely, I'm excited to see it when it's finished.

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast