Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Merrowfins? "New" Tailmaker

Correction. Mermaid Paige has not received her tail(s) yet but Mertailor has said he will honor his agreement with us. Mermaid Paige won a silicone tail which is not practical so I asked if she could get 2 basic tails instead. I will post pics when they arrive.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Oh I'm glad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    Last edited by Sherielle; 10-16-2015 at 04:11 PM.

*sighing*
    *SIIIGHHHHIIINGGGG*

Visit Talia's Youtube Channel
    Maybe I am being naive, but when Eric mentioned people taking advantage of him, because he is such a Good Guy (TM), I could not help but think about all the work Matt had done for him and for his company. So yeah, maybe Matt learned something, but surely Eric must have learned something from him too.

Also, at least Matt is being a gentleman. He is saying in the video that people should not bash Eric, while Eric in his post was saying without saying that Matt basically is a thief because he is starting his own business as tail maker. Which is a very respectable thing to do, by the way. "Oh yeah sure, I'll teach you how to fix cars, but don't even think about opening your own garage". Whether he makes it or not we'll see.

I don't know, at least he is showing face and not hiding behind any one.

$10/hour. For that craftsmanship. $10/hour?!?! Dude.
    Beautiful beaded tops and silicone fins and flukes for enhancing your tail at my Etsy shop: Fancy Fish Fashions!
    Follow me on Facebook

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Fish View Post
    $10/hour. For that craftsmanship. $10/hour?!?! Dude.
    Yeah. Not right

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Matty,

First of all, good on you for taking the high road. You didn't short change eric, and you didnt bash him. You were very well spoken. Very respectful. very professional. I'm honestly taken aback a bit. Some people don't know you and I have had a history (it was more to do with Eric) and man you just earned so much respect in my eyes not because of what you said, but how diplomatically you said it.

As to what you said, I long since suspected the work was yours. The quality just changed so drastically. It must be very hard for you to see your creations out there- especially the spiderwick tail. It clearly meant so much to you.

I'm aghast at what you were paid. 10$ an hour is below minimum wage where I live. I pay my mermaids 60$-100$ an hour depending on the gig and the rates I'm able to negotiate from clients. (Anything lower than that is usually charity and something we all agree on first. )

You clearly understand the law (I researched the exact same facts you presented. the very rules you outlined are actually how Eric gets away with stealing designs from others!) and you understand the balance between designer and creator. The one thing I would say to your ex friend who mentioned steve jobs is that comparing mermaid tails and iphones is like apples and dishwashers. It's not the same thing. Think instead of the existing special effects field. In a movie pretty much everyone is credited for their hand in the special effects. Just as much credit goes to designers as it does to those who put the project together. Just like writers, producers, directors. You can't say a writer's job is above a director etc.

Anyway, good on you man. colour me impressed. You should join mernetwork, I think people understand now you aren't Eric.

That was a great video. I am super excited to watch Merrowfins take off.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

im so happy to hear that he will honor his agreement. she is such a sweetheart i was under the impressioned she had received her (won) tail already, looking forward to seeing the photos

If it's not too much to ask, could someone write here what Matty said? I have been trying to understand the whole thing by watching the video three time and it's just too confusing for me. Despite reading on his lips, the sound is not loud enough for me to follow up what he's trying to explain.

I'm not asking for a whole script but maybe the most important points? I apologize for the trouble.

I'll do my best! VERY briefly because I can't re-watch it right now, Matt is saying:

There have been a lot of questions as to his rights to the creations that mertailor sell.

Legally he has the rights to the sculptures of almost all the flukes, the fins, the scale sheet, the molds for the whale tail, vagina tail, and the lobster tail. By sculpting these he has all the rights to them. He talks about all the other things he has done for the mertailor company, making things for Eric and such.

Then he goes on to say that when he worked for mertailor on a commission-basis, he was payed 100$ for each sculpture and when he worked for mertailor for an hourly wage, he got 10$/ hour. (Florida's minimum hourly wage is $8.05/hour) ;I make 10.25/hour shelving books in a library with no skill)

He says not to attack Eric and that hate is not what he wants. He just wants a mutually respectful relationship. He says that he doesn't feel respected by Eric and wanted to be up-front with everyone.

Thank you Wesley

I understand things better now. I agree with Raina, Matty is the bigger man in this situation. As for Eric, well, he's just busy being... his usual self.

You're welcome! Im glad I could help

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Name:  12170370_899547410083151_1279540788_n.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  28.9 KB

In which eric compares rival tail companies to rape.

So was he raping people when he stole their ideas openly?

Sorry but not cool bro. how undermining to every rape victim.

That man has the most twisted perception of reality and that is STILL the most vile, despicable thing I've ever seen him say. For so many reasons, not the LEAST of which is comparing himself to RAPE VICTIMS simply because his ex started a rival company (which, news flash, is what happens all the damn time in the business world and it doesn't make you a fucking victim).

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Name:  12170370_899547410083151_1279540788_n.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  28.9 KB

In which eric compares rival tail companies to rape.

So was he raping people when he stole their ideas openly?

Sorry but not cool bro. how undermining to every rape victim.
    It is not a secret here that I do not appreciate Eric's ways of doing business as the Mertailor. But after seeing this, he will NEVER gain my respect.

... I'm actually speechless.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    If he really thinks that a business competitor is the equivalent of rape...that's...just too stupid for words.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Side note, I was browsing his website to answer some questions for someone else and noticed this little gem sitting on his home page. I think he's a very confused man.

Name:  hahamertailor.png
Views: 787
Size:  489.5 KB