Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Merrowfins? "New" Tailmaker

I brought up the customer service bit to him on Facebook after he post the exolination video. He seems sincere and I really hope he is.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Unsurpassable ???

oh my god that's disgusting. makes me wanna throw out my tail. why does he think that's okay? good lord
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Attachment 33584

In which eric compares rival tail companies to rape.

So was he raping people when he stole their ideas openly?

Sorry but not cool bro. how undermining to every rape victim.
    Aaaand fuck that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest visitor posts on Mertailor's facebook page are also considering this topic very strongly
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

Well, that outcome was to be expected. I feel bad for Matty.
    Once you have been Eric's pawn, people and fans will always see you as the bad guys no matter what just because Eric said so.

Name:  ScreenshotFB.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  133.8 KB
    Last edited by Merman Arion; 10-18-2015 at 08:29 AM.

Barb and Ashley have both been long time mertailor supporters. Honestly though, in real life... Who cares??? Barb called me a liar with an ego when I asked her to comment in a thread about safety lol. And I don't think your average Mer knows who Ashley is.

Non mers looking to become mers and considering buying tails? Pretty large chance they don't know either of these women.

I watched Eric crawl back up from the total bottom. His fb page had been deleted, his email hacked, ( all by a Mer he pissed off), and people were posting bad reviews everywhere. Even with all that, dude was still able to keep selling crappy tails and keep having an attitude.

Matty making a better product and having a better attitude? I don't see these women's words actually doing a darn thing to cause him issues beyond being annoyed.

Eric always says oh I don't do drama! But then makes the most dramatic posts and rallies the troops. I can't remember the last time I even addressed drama on my business page lol. I think it was like 6 years ago.

Is anyone else getting incredibly bored of this? Eric used to go on and on about wanting his own reality TV show. I feel like that's all this really is.

If he was confident in his own product, competition wouldn't mean a thing.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Like seriously think about it. When it comes to talking about tail makers, with everyone else we just talk designs and wait times lol. With Eric it is the days of our lives soap opera!

Like seriously think about it. When it comes to talking about tail makers, with everyone else we just talk designs and wait times lol. With Eric it is the days of our lives soap opera!

Barb and Ashley have both been long time mertailor supporters. Honestly though, in real life... Who cares??? Barb called me a liar with an ego when I asked her to comment in a thread about safety lol. And I don't think your average Mer knows who Ashley is.

Non mers looking to become mers and considering buying tails? Pretty large chance they don't know either of these women.

I watched Eric crawl back up from the total bottom. His fb page had been deleted, his email hacked, ( all by a Mer he pissed off), and people were posting bad reviews everywhere. Even with all that, dude was still able to keep selling crappy tails and keep having an attitude.

Matty making a better product and having a better attitude? I don't see these women's words actually doing a darn thing to cause him issues beyond being annoyed.

Eric always says oh I don't do drama! But then makes the most dramatic posts and rallies the troops. I can't remember the last time I even addressed drama on my business page lol. I think it was like 6 years ago.

Is anyone else getting incredibly bored of this? Eric used to go on and on about wanting his own reality TV show. I feel like that's all this really is.

If he was confident in his own product, competition wouldn't mean a thing.

I've been thinking about this for a few days, and it dawned on me.

Eric is doing all of this now purely out of fear.

The post going on about what a nice guy he is, rallying his fans against Matt— He knows that Matt is a very real threat to his business, he knows that Matt's countless times better with quality control and customer service, and on top of that, he knows Matt's not going to keep quiet about his skeevy practices. Matt is fully capable of doing serious damage to his business, and he knows that.

He's panicking, hardcore, and he's doing a really bad job of hiding it.

Nobody who knows what they're doing, and are confident enough in their own skills, waste that much time on the internet trying to bring others down while posting garbage, nonsense rambling messes about "I just realized what an amazing, generous guy I am." That shit's the hallmark of someone who's having trouble convincing themselves and thus need validation from yes-men who are either too stupid or too intimidated to give him the criticism he needs. At best it's a shaky, desperate attempt at damage control; at worst, it's pure delusion.

How he's handling this situation says a lot about him, and none of it is good. I wish he'd realize that and move past it— or, better yet, use it to improve himself and his business.

this is how he handles everything. lol

Tieri, those were exactly my thoughts!! Totally agree with you on that. It is always those that feel threatened that attack hard!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Eric does exhaust me. Can't keep up with all the bullshit with that one. He IS scared, If his work was any good, he wouldn't feel so threatened. Never heard of Ashley and Barb...well, my opinion of her is turning out to be pretty accurate, so...blocked.

Business competition is just that...competition. You just have to strive to be better than your competition, and be confident that the better product will be successful.

For a time, I thought how important it was to warn would-be mers about his shoddy workmanship, but if would-be mers can't be bothered to do their research, or if they choose to buy right into his hype, well, caveat emptor - let the buyer beware. If enough people get burned, then eventually reviews will reflect that. He'll either get better or go out of business. Of his legion of fans, I'll wager 99.9999% of them will never buy a tail of any kind.

So, you know what? Not my circus, not my monkeys. If he wants to be an attention whore and get a reality show, well, it seems like reality show 'stars' get exactly what they deserve. How embarrassing.

Matt seems to be willing to do the work to be a premier tailmaker. And until a tail he makes gets out in the wild (like, dare I say, one of mine), it all speculation until one is actually in a client's hands. I wish him all the best.

I've said my piece and that's all I have to say about that.
    Last edited by PearlieMae; 10-18-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Visit Talia's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    It is not a secret here that I do not appreciate Eric's ways of doing business as the Mertailor. But after seeing this, he will NEVER gain my respect.

What he said .

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Honestly I'm pretty done with all this too. lol I'll probably still get pissed when mertailor does dumb shit in the future but like....

Bro. Get out of my life. Get out of my face.
    I don't follow mertailors pages for a reason, and this is the reason. He's a grown up acting like a ten year old who expects the respect of a renaissance artist.

Frankly I'm sick of gay men who think that since they're oppressed in one area they have an excuse to be a complete and utter ass in all other areas. And I'm 80% sure that's what Eric is. So I'm gonna do my best to just... Ignore all his shit from now on. Ugh.

/rant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just posting this last one because I think it really explains his him vs the world mentality. Basically, you're either with him or against him there is no gray.

Name:  12165672_900013770036515_799023234_n.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  37.2 KB

Anyway, I think the more active community are pretty much over him lol. Anything he does good or bad just doesnt create the same ripple effect it used to. There's so many top notch tail makers now, he's no longer the big fish in the little pond!

It's so nice we've come so far that we have choices. When I started out he was basically it. I think a lot of the drama came from people trying to force him to do better because he was all we had. And everyone had big dreams.

I hope merrowfins can do well, but def need to step away from their designs they did for Eric. Regardless of who the owner is. there's now a chance to do something innovating and new and prove the skills and make some money. Don't be in Eric's shadow, step away and do their own thing.

just wanted to say, true friends hold you accountable and let you know when you're being an ass. It's only through true friends Ive been able to grow and be a better person and work on my own issues. There's a lot to be said for taking your own medicine.

I wonder if merrowfins is going to post any designs or anything soon?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    cats cats cats...whats up with those things?

Formerly known as jayy

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    just wanted to say, true friends hold you accountable and let you know when you're being an ass. It's only through true friends Ive been able to grow and be a better person and work on my own issues. There's a lot to be said for taking your own medicine.
    Raina, I have to say you have grown immensely in the years that I have read your posts on here. It takes a very strong person to focus inward, take stock and try to make changes for the better. You have really become more thoughtful about what you express and the choices that you make to post and I think it has really been evident.

Now, when are you going to shoot that coffee table book?

I read on his page as well as chatted with him, he's in the process of making basic tail,said he would post photo's as soon as he finishes and painting another one he posted on his page im looking forward to seeing them

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk