Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Merrowfins? "New" Tailmaker

I've been asking a few questions lately and Matt is awesome with communication! Something that Eric is definitely lacking.
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Mermaidofthelabyrinth, totally agree
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Matt seems to be willing to do the work to be a premier tailmaker. And until a tail he makes gets out in the wild (like, dare I say, one of mine), it all speculation until one is actually in a client's hands. I wish him all the best.
    I think this is an excellent point PearlieMae. We are yet to see any of Matt's tails made without the support of Eric. Right now it is all he said she said on the quality of his previous work.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Matt is a little bit feeding off of the energy from the (for lack of a better term) anti-mertailor crowd. I've noticed a lot of people thinking very highly of Merrowfins when they are yet to release a finished product. It just seems like to people who have been burned before are now all for Merrowfins because they feel Matt has also been burned, which may or may not be true. Obviously, this is all just speculation and I only hope to see good things come of this new tail business!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    True, but the same has happened for any tail maker who tries to directly challenge Eric. I know that was for me, and several other tail makers too. I think the community would be surprised just how many got their start due to crap with Eric.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I think the community would be surprised just how many got their start due to crap with Eric.
    You know what they say. Karma is a bitch. I bet the situation would have been a whole lot different if Eric played nice from the very beginning, back when Raven and him worked together.

I think situation is like this also cause there's so many mers who desperately need to have their Mertailor tails fixed, so that's why people also think so highly of Merrowfins, it seems like a solution they've been seeking. But it is absolutely true that only time will tell.
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

Yes, those are good points. It's funny how Eric is indirectly funding his own competition. I hope it will only push him to create better products and provide better customer service.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    I agree, they see what everyone has been wanting (a mertailor tail) and with the customer service that the mertailor has been lacking.
    I am truly interested to see what Eric has for new tails now, since his main sculptor is now his competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    You know what they say. Karma is a bitch. I bet the situation would have been a whole lot different if Eric played nice from the very beginning, back when Raven and him worked together.
    Raven and Eric worked together?! I've been following raven since college (2006) and never knew that!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

What do you guys think about Matt's choice of business partners? I don't mean to talk bad about anyone but I don't think anyone would disagree if I said we have found Eden Sirene wrapped up in some mer-drama a number of times. Given her past behavior, is anyone else skeptical of her involvement with Merrowfins? Does anyone know what she does for the company?

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteWalker View Post
    Raven and Eric worked together?! I've been following raven since college (2006) and never knew that!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    No they didn't officially work together. She was his friend and client.

Quote Originally Posted by RastaMer View Post
    What do you guys think about Matt's choice of business partners? I don't mean to talk bad about anyone but I don't think anyone would disagree if I said we have found Eden Sirene wrapped up in some mer-drama a number of times. Given her past behavior, is anyone else skeptical of her involvement with Merrowfins? Does anyone know what she does for the company?
    I was told she's actually a very talented sculptor.

Interesting, thank you for sharing!

No they didn't officially work together. She was his friend and client.
    My bad. I read Raven's story from the archives in the mertailor section two years ago. I should have checked to make sure.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by RastaMer View Post
    I think Matt's choice of business partners is none of my business.

PearlieMae, I would normally say it is none of mine either. However, I am very interested in purchasing a tail from Merrowfins and would like to know who exactly I'm getting involved with before I trust them with large amounts of money. Afterall, the mermaid tail business does not seem to be very regulated and it seems like there has to be a lot of trust between the tailmaker and the customer. Especially when going with a newer company.

Attachment 33584

In which eric compares rival tail companies to rape.

So was he raping people when he stole their ideas openly?

Sorry but not cool bro. how undermining to every rape victim.
    Wow. I just 100% lost any shred of remaining respect I had for him. What an abominable, heinous, monstrous thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Eric does exhaust me. Can't keep up with all the bullshit with that one. He IS scared, If his work was any good, he wouldn't feel so threatened. Never heard of Ashley and Barb...well, my opinion of her is turning out to be pretty accurate, so...blocked.

Business competition is just that...competition. You just have to strive to be better than your competition, and be confident that the better product will be successful.

For a time, I thought how important it was to warn would-be mers about his shoddy workmanship, but if would-be mers can't be bothered to do their research, or if they choose to buy right into his hype, well, caveat emptor - let the buyer beware. If enough people get burned, then eventually reviews will reflect that. He'll either get better or go out of business. Of his legion of fans, I'll wager 99.9999% of them will never buy a tail of any kind.

So, you know what? Not my circus, not my monkeys. If he wants to be an attention whore and get a reality show, well, it seems like reality show 'stars' get exactly what they deserve. How embarrassing.
    Just gonna leave this one here:
    Name:  11238225_1021024917950176_7298828739804306957_o.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  134.6 KB

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Is it just me reading into things but in Barb's post did she allude to Matty being responsible for the damage to Erics lawn/koi?
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

Visit Talia's Youtube Channel
    Yes, she does that. It is not the first time I have seen it mentioned. A commenter on Matt's Youtube video said the same thing.

ETA: the comment is no longer there. But I remember clearly it was the first comment posted. I guess it got deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by PhaylennMurúch View Post
    Is it just me reading into things but in Barb's post did she allude to Matty being responsible for the damage to Erics lawn/koi?
    Definitely not just you. I was waiting for Eric's whiteknights to start blaming him for that.