Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Album problems

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel

Album problems

I cannot put a picture into an album if I posted it already on the forums- it shows as a blank in the album, and I'd like it to show normally (with thumbnail).

Also, uploading from a website- whether FB or MN- doesn't work.
    It always says "invalid file".

Halp?

Edit:
    I circumvented the problem by making a copy of the picture with a different name on my PC and uploading that, but I still don't understand why the errors persist for the original file, whether it's uploaded directly or linked from another website.
    Last edited by Echidna; 08-06-2015 at 05:52 PM.

I'm not very good with the tech stuff on the software, but my guess is to why it won't upload it if it has the same name is that if you attached it elsewhere, the file is already hosted on the server. Therefore when you try and put it in an album it won't do it because it already has the same file on the sever (it's just elsewhere).

I don't know why it would give you an invalid file error- unless you're trying to upload the link to the photo PAGE, not the direct link to the photo. Does the url end with .jpg? Also some sites disable/block hotlinking (using the direct photo url to post the photo elsewhere) because it's a bandwidth sealing issue.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr