Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Kariel's tails? Anyone ever bought from her?

Mermaid Kariel's tails? Anyone ever bought from her?

Has anyone ever ordered a tail from her?
    I loooove hers. They're so realistic looking and have the same style as Hannah's without the high dollar price tag.
    She states that she tries to make hers out of recycled material where she can
    and I really like that.

I love Mermaid Raven's tails but I'm trying to save money where ever I can. And it looks like
    Raven's too swamped all the time anyways. It doesn't seem like Kariel ever has problems taking orders
    and I'd like to save an extra 100 dollars anywhere if possible. I mean, I'm happy with having a tail from
    either one of them so whichever turns out to be cheaper would be my option. I also feel like Kariel's (800-1000 dollar adult tails) are more
    customized (without adding extra fees) than the basic Raven tail and they are about the same price.

Here it states her prices but I really want to know if anyone has
    any experiences in ordering from her? I'd be really pleased to find out.

"Kariel has put her years of experience as a professional mermaid performer and tailmaker to use in creating teen and adult mermaid tails, complete with hand-painted, three dimensional scales. These tails are the perfect combination of durability, flow, and art. Tails are made in many shapes and sizes. You can completly request what you want with color, finge and shape of the fluke. The tails can be made very boyent or not. The Tails can way as little as 10 pounds or as heavy as 25 pounds. They can come completly white so that you can purchase our embelishment package and decorate and paint your tail on your own or Kariel can custom hand paint your tail or embelish apon your requests and desires. Its your tail, order it your way!
    See examples of Kariels tail work all over this website!
    For inquirees please email mermaidkariel@gmail.com. Please include your measurments around your waist, hips and length from belly button to tip of your toes. A representative will contact you by phone to discuss your wants needs and budget.
    Payments can be made by check, Paypall or by creditcard over the phone.

Size & Price chart.
    Length belly button to pointed tip toes/ largest circumference" point of lower body/ base price:
    (S) 0-17"/ 0-24"/ $200. (NON SWIMMANLE)
    (M) 17"-29"/ 0-24"/ $400. (NON SWIMMABLE)
    (L) 29"-39"/0-24"/ $600.
    (Adult S) 40"-50"/0-37"/ $800.
    (Adult M) 51"-55"/0-39"/ $900.
    (Adult L) 56"+/0-41"/ $1,000."

I also don't understand the measurements. >.>
    I'm 36 bust, 29 waist, 36 hip. I weigh 135 lbs and I am 5 foot 6.
    Anyone know what size I'd be considered?

~<3
    If you could be so kind as to like my page, I'd appreciate it:
    https://www.facebook.com/patchesthemermaid/

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I wasn't aware she was selling adults tails. Last time I saw she was selling select children's tails. I would totally buy one of her tails if I have the money. Not everyone can pull off a sequin tail that's in my taste, but she def does.

I had actually contacted Kariel about ordering a tail back before I ordered one from Fish Butts (in November). After giving her my measurements and thinking that I was actually about to place my order...she told me that all she had to do was create an invoice for payment. Then several weeks went by and I did not hear anything from her. About 2 weeks ago I got an email from her saying that at this time, she would not be able to make me a tail because she was just to busy with performances and stuff. She also stated that she was reconsidering even making/selling tails at all. I wish I had not deleted the email, otherwise I could post it here for you all to read. Not trying to disappoint...but thought I would share the info.

I feel like the general look of how she makes the tails for other people is quite different from the tails she makes for herself. I don't know if that was maybe the client's decision/design or not though. Just something to keep in mind.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    I do love her tails a lot I'd love to see them on other mers!

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAlaina View Post
    I had actually contacted Kariel about ordering a tail back before I ordered one from Fish Butts (in November). After giving her my measurements and thinking that I was actually about to place my order...she told me that all she had to do was create an invoice for payment. Then several weeks went by and I did not hear anything from her. About 2 weeks ago I got an email from her saying that at this time, she would not be able to make me a tail because she was just to busy with performances and stuff. She also stated that she was reconsidering even making/selling tails at all. I wish I had not deleted the email, otherwise I could post it here for you all to read. Not trying to disappoint...but thought I would share the info.
    Well damn THAT is something I was definitely hoping I wouldn't hear. D': I really really want one of her tails. I feel like they're the nicest made sequin tails for the greatest value money wise.
    ~<3

Quote Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
    I feel like the general look of how she makes the tails for other people is quite different from the tails she makes for herself. I don't know if that was maybe the client's decision/design or not though. Just something to keep in mind.
    That's something I was wondering about also. But it says that the tails she's made before are supposed to be an accurate example of the detail you could
    expect in your own tail.
    ~<3

Also for the sizes she posted she wrote: Length belly button to pointed tip toes/ largest circumference" point of lower body/ base price

So your hips (if that is the largest circumferences of your lower body) will fit Adult S. But you should figure out the measurements you're missing.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Senior Member Euro Pod Sammi Ray's Avatar
    Had a look as i didn't know she made tails. Sent her a messege as i quite liked them myself and they were much cheaper than silicone. She replied and i asked her much one would cost with a custome fluke and she replied '$3,000'..... thats a jump from her '1,000' on her website...
    glub glub, glub....glub. ^_^

user formerly known as _PeBBles_

Quote Originally Posted by _PeBBles_ View Post
    Had a look as i didn't know she made tails. Sent her a messege as i quite liked them myself and they were much cheaper than silicone. She replied and i asked her much one would cost with a custome fluke and she replied '$3,000'..... thats a jump from her '1,000' on her website...
    That's quite ridiculous. >.> **sigh** Figured my dream was too good to be true. Cool. More disappointment yet again!
    ~<3

I was thinking about it too. Thats why i messeged her... i said why are they so high and she just said my tails have so much work and special rubbers. I will post messeges wheb i get to a laptop cus im on my mobile.
    glub glub, glub....glub. ^_^

user formerly known as _PeBBles_

Member North Pacific Pod Oceana's Avatar
    Add Oceana on Facebook
    Follow Oceana on Tumblr
    Yeah, I had inquired about the tails and I was quoted minimum 3 grand for sequins..

Yeah :-(

I thought her website said something like 10,000 now. Though people are entitled to change their price as they re-evaluate how much work they put into it. I've upped the price of my parties 4 times in the last year

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I thought her website said something like 10,000 now. Though people are entitled to change their price as they re-evaluate how much work they put into it. I've upped the price of my parties 4 times in the last year
    I saw this too. I didn't even know she made tails for under that price! I was thinking about getting one of her tails till I saw this. It seems like a lot of tail makers are super swapped these days.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold,
    There is nothing that can console me but my jolly sailor bold.
    ~ETSY: Trove by the Sea~Google +~FACEBOOK~
    mermaidmarissa.studios@gmail.com

"Imagine a life of wonder"

I've just discovered her work and it's amazing : i will love to have a tail from her but are you saying 10 000 dollars for one of her tail ??

I know Illonka does sequins on tails, (not sure if she actually takes orders or not, but she's working on Raina's, and who knows if she'll do it for the right price, that's her call, but Illonka's tails are sooo breathtaking. Even her first one was remarkable. I know that it is expensive no matter who you go through, I've seen Kariel's tails in person and they are quite gorgeous and if you get the full sequin ones then they have tons and tons of sequins. However, I know that Shelly was doing big sequins and hers were about 1,000 I think. If you want a sequin tail I think it comes down to putting 100 plus hours in yourself and buying and assembling, or paying someone else a chunk of sea dollars to put in 100s of hours to do it for you.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

I feel Illonka is undercharging me, and I plan to give her a big tip when she's done I think my project turned out to be a lot more than she expected. However keep in mind I bought the sequins and had them shipped to her, and I send her an already assembled tail too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Harmony View Post
    I know Illonka does sequins on tails, (not sure if she actually takes orders or not, but she's working on Raina's, and who knows if she'll do it for the right price, that's her call, but Illonka's tails are sooo breathtaking. Even her first one was remarkable. I know that it is expensive no matter who you go through, I've seen Kariel's tails in person and they are quite gorgeous and if you get the full sequin ones then they have tons and tons of sequins. However, I know that Shelly was doing big sequins and hers were about 1,000 I think. If you want a sequin tail I think it comes down to putting 100 plus hours in yourself and buying and assembling, or paying someone else a chunk of sea dollars to put in 100s of hours to do it for you.
    haha mine was her first one (other then the one she did herself). I love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I feel Illonka is undercharging me, and I plan to give her a big tip when she's done I think my project turned out to be a lot more than she expected. However keep in mind I bought the sequins and had them shipped to her, and I send her an already assembled tail too.

I felt the same way! She's a super sweet person tho