Thread: New to Sacramento

New to Sacramento

Aloha! Any mermaid pods or meet ups in Sacramento? I would love to meet/hang with some merfolk.

I'm in Southern CA, but perhaps some of the ladies from the Dive Bar would know?

Wow... What's the Dive Bar?

I spend half my time in the Bay Area and half my time in Sacramento. So I'm looking to hang with any merfolk from both places. I just missed the swim in San Jose a few weeks ago.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clara's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Clara On Twitter Add Mermaid Clara on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Clara's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidnereida View Post
    Aloha! Any mermaid pods or meet ups in Sacramento? I would love to meet/hang with some merfolk.
    I'm in Sacramento! Maybe we can meet up sometime?

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMermaid View Post
    I'm in Sacramento! Maybe we can meet up sometime?
    Oh wow! Awesome! Where do you swim here? I'm currently in a hotel with a pool. I'm very new to mermaiding and just practicing swimming with my monofin.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Elodea the Mermaid's Avatar
    You should join this group! I think one of the next events coming up is talk like a pirate day.

I'm about an hour South of you, but I am in Sacramento A LOT because I was just accepted as a mermaid for the Sacramento Mer-Pod (Like our page here! There are often updates on it as well.)

Independently, I am looking to set up a swim in Modesto at the SOS club. They have an actual finswimming team, so they have a beautiful deep pool. No progress on that yet, but I'm tryin'!

Elodea Nymphaea Waterweed
    of The Sacramento Mermaids

Wow! Congratulations on getting accepted! And thank you for giving me the link for their FB page. LIKED and followed it already. I hope to meet you someday SOON.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Elodea the Mermaid's Avatar
    Thank you so much! I hope to meet you soon! And definitely join the group I linked! It's for all the mers, pirates, ren faire types in Sacramento :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Elodea Nymphaea Waterweed
    of The Sacramento Mermaids

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidnereida View Post
    Wow... What's the Dive Bar?
    http://divebarsacramento.com/
    I'm DYING to go but I never get that far North.

Hi Mermaid Neridea,

Welcome to Sacramento! You've unknowingly moved into a city of tons of mermaids As Elodea mentioned, there are lots of super fun groups and events up here. We have a Promenade of Mermaids and have held Sacramento Mermaid Weekend for two years now. The Sacramento Mer-Pod is a relatively new group full of lovely and talented ladies, and there are LOTS of local mers here (in the Bay too). There are even mermaids on some Sac city buses!

Are you part of the Norcal Narwal group? They host swims and photo shoots occasionally, and the Mermaid Atlantis who runs it is totally awesome. I also have to shout out to my fave mermaid spot in Sac, The Dive Bar (thought I am, admittedly, biased - ha!). Shoot me a message if you want to stop by and say hi at Dive. I'd love to meet you

Hi DiveBarMermaidRachel,

Thanks for all that info! Wow! Lucky me then! And yes, I follow the NorCal Narwal group.

I'll definitely drop by The Dive Bar soon! I'll send you a message when I'm heading over.

So what exactly do u mean by having mermaids on some Sac city buses?

The Sacramento Lite Rail has a mermaid on the side of their bus Looking forward to meeting you in mer-son!