Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Republican Debate on Fox News

2016 Republican Debate on Fox News

Name:  top ten.jpg
Views: 2789
Size:  305.5 KB

I'm interested to hear the Mer-Community's thoughts for those of us who watched the GOP Debate. I haven't seen much talk of politics here on Mernetwork but think this is a pretty big topic for those of us who live in the United States.

So what did you think of the debate? Which candidate did you like the most? The least? What questions were not asked that should have been? Which answers pissed you off the most? Which answers did you like? Do you believe any of these candidates would make a good president for the United States?

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    DONALD TRUMP NEEDS TO STOP BEING A BABY

sorry its just, does he know what he is saying? i feel like he needs to watch his mouth. 3 times he let his mouth run and said rude things. if the other candidates said anything close to what he said once. thier political career would be over
    Last edited by Fun123joker; 08-08-2015 at 09:21 PM.

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Fun123joker View Post
    DONALD TRUMP NEEDS TO STOP BEING A BABY

sorry its just, does he know what he is saying? i feel like he needs to watch his mouth. 3 times he let his mouth run and said rude things. if the other candidates said anything close to what he said once. thier political career would be over
    Donald Trump is there for attention and to help Hillary. He said that if he doesn't win the Republican nomination (which he most likely won't), he plans to run as an Independent and therefore split the Republican vote so Hillary wins.

In my opinion none of these baffoons have anything to offer the middle and lower classes. They appeal to religion so that the ignorant, hateful, and religious vote for them. I'm voting for Bernie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    Religious people aren't all hateful and/or ignorant.

I don't like politics personally. I consider myself an independent. But I don't like Hillary, and I don't like Trump. So... I may just vote in local elections for a while...

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South

Bernie Sanders, I will be voting for him.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus_Blooming View Post
    Religious people aren't all hateful and/or ignorant.

I don't like politics personally. I consider myself an independent. But I don't like Hillary, and I don't like Trump. So... I may just vote in local elections for a while...
    Of course they aren't! I meant that as three separate groups. (: Definitely look into voting for Bernie Sanders.

I'm not one for politics either but I do find it entertaining and interesting to follow. Donald Trump is quite funny in my opinion. Despite his obnoxious comments, he brings an interesting dynamic to the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Meronica View Post
    Of course they aren't! I meant that as three separate groups. (: Definitely look into voting for Bernie Sanders.

Gotcha! I must have misread that comment! Sorry!

I'll need to look into Bernie, too. I know so little about him! (^_^; )

Currently dealing with our stupid Harper government. Didn't know you guys were having it bad too :/
    The SeaGlass Siren

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGlass Siren View Post
    Currently dealing with our stupid Harper government. Didn't know you guys were having it bad too :/
    Always. No democratic country is meant to have a two-party system. :1

We had a similar debate. It was hosted by Maclean. Harper needs to call 911 because he got burned by all 3 parties.
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Meilyn's Avatar
    Follow Meilyn On Twitter Add Meilyn on Facebook
    Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    Which of the lesser evils....

Personally, I think anyone who is on the side of Trump a total dull crayon. If you do any Google research on anything he claims or says; you'll know that he's a business man and his interest will always be for himself.

The whole illegal immigrants and taking back jobs from China? Currently, he employs most of China to create his clothing line and his material things. What did he say about that when asked during an interview? That it's cheaper to do so and that the Chinese are making fun of us by devaluing the American dollar. (Or some shtuff like so). And oh yeah, Mexico building it's own border? Does he not know that we don't have jurisdiction in Mexico? Or will he make the illegal immigrants slave workers and have them build it then deport them. As far as I'm concerned, unless you're native American, full, not half or part or whatever, everyone's an immigrant to America. The lands of America existed long before the British invaded it.

Also anyone saying he's a self made millionaire, no, his father was and it was his father that helped him with the beginnings of his fortunes. Now if he was lower class to begin with, that would be a different story, but he was born with a platinum spoon and diamond encrusted toys. That man knows know sense of struggle because after all, one can not know happiness unless one has truly known sadness.

His shows are old, outdated, and he was losing his popularity so as power hungry and attention who-are's go, running for presidency is the first most logical thing to do. Not because he truly wants to make America better, no, but for the publicity. Because if he truly did want to, with his money and his companies, he could have employed more Americans than oversea workers, but he doesn't. He could have helped lower class communities but instead, he creates shows based on physical features OF which, might I add: costs roughly 50k or more to play in. The Miss America pageants are not cheap. It's roughly 2-5k to START, as in, sign up. Then the price goes up depending on if they pick you to go on from city, to town, to state. I have a lot of friends who tried that stuff, it was no where near cheap to merely enter.

Anyways, that's my rant. Don't know anyone else and frankly, I could care less. Politicians are only the faces of Congress. Truly, the president can't do anything without a bunch of people's approvals anyways and those bunches of people are usually senile if you ask me. And there are many works in the government that many people are unaware of.

As John F Kennedy said in an interview:
    "There's a government within the government and I am not in control of it."

Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    Also everyone of them looks like shady business men...

I've learned a lot from my military service time and what I've learned.... Is that our government has become super corrupted to where generals discussed notions of "how many deaths do we need (of our own soldiers) and how many deaths can we have (of our own soldiers)" openly during meetings that I was fortunate enough to do duty on and eavesdrop. And corporate businesses have bought out our "leaders" with their decision making.

America's gone to poop. I'm just going to garden, keep to myself, look at everyone's gorgeous tails, play with my dog and live life with my loved ones as peacefully as I can while fighting for military benefits that should have been given to me before I left but they have this vicious cycle of bs and games they like to put vets on. *le sigh*

I won't let one man's life be the highlight of mine unless that man's mine.

Meilyn, it's interesting you are a part of the military forces given your opposition to the government. Will you be voting in this election?

CheshireKat, Bernie Sanders is gaining a lot of popularity among the Democrats. I'm looking forward to their debate on October 13th.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/miles-...b_7949910.html
    Last edited by RastaMer; 08-09-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    The debate proved once and for all that Trump does not play well with others. Which is a shame, as we need someone with business savvy in the White House. Rubio or Carson look interesting but neither is a perfect choice. Whomever supports a flat tax and small government gets my vote.
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    I don't vote on things or people I don't believe in. Thought it was a cool thing once upon a time but now knowing what I know now, I'm not on anyone's team when it comes to politics in our current time. :/

In my opinion, either way, we're all screwed lol.

Meilyn, I'm with you there. :1

Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    You know, besides Trump, all of these people are really, really rich to begin with. And they typically have more than enough money to fund their own campaigns yet they're out there convincing the dull public to give them more money to pay for their stuff when they can do it themselves. Yet the majority of the public of whom they're taking from are typically middle or lower class who probably need the money that they're giving away in hopes for a change when in all reality, most, if not all, of politicians are merely in it for themselves.

Look at this "crisis" that we're in. USA is in billions in debt, yet for what? The money they're borrowing from everywhere else is supposed to help America yet, most of us are middle or lower class or homeless and starving. And the paychecks of our politicians? More than most of what 5 families will make in a year. Why does our congressmen have millions upon millions in raises a year, yet, our tax dollars seemingly do next to nothing to our economy and overall country when there's more empty houses than homeless people. Alongside our current financial debt that we supposedly are in, yet, some people of our "leaders" and their friends hold more than enough to suffice the current debt that supposedly the american people have created upon ourselves. Yet, we're not the ones borrowing money from all over the world, our government is. For us, the people, supposedly, but we see non of it.

And the whole "have to be born on American soil" law for presidency is bs along with the age minimum requirement.

The day I see a politician running him campaign, with his own money, and he was once really poor to begin with, and he helps the community more than his fellow rich friends, (or a she), will be the day I vote. Sorry for the rant, I'm passionate about educating others.

The top 1% of America really blows my mind. When we see multi-billion dollar companies with executives making hundreds of millions of dollars a year, it becomes clear who is really running things in our country. It's a corrupt system and it will take some major reform to even things out again. I like that Trump pointed this out during the debate however, he admitted to taking advantage of the system as well.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Merley's Avatar
    Add Merley on Facebook
    This election so far seems beyond absurd. Trump entering as a potential candidate is just the icing on the cake; scary icing at that. I hope he makes a quick exit as a contender. Because if someone like that is running things, I don't want to live in this country anymore. Maybe not even this planet. It feels like it's less of an election or a debate or any kind of real political race and more like an insane reality show. Who Wants to Be President 2016? I'm still hoping Jon Stewart retired because he's going to run for president instead. That's someone I can get behind. The actual candidates make me fear for my future.
    User formerly known as "Waikiki Mermaid".