Thread: *Waves another hello!*

*Waves another hello!*

Hi!

Posted this over on the old forum & thought I would do so here as well!

I'm a long time mermaid lover; got my start with The Little Mermaid when i was younger which also started my long time affection for red hair. I live in Dallas, Tx (originally from Ma) with my Husband, three pugs & two cats. I have more hobbies that GOD; professional tribal belly dancer, heavily into medieval recreation with the SCA, burlesque performer, costume designer and seamstress, motorcycles (I own my own & my Hubby has one as well), equestrian... you get the point.

Trying to raise funds to get my first tail; I'm finally cosplaying Ariel this year at DragonCon and am making myself a 'skirt tail' but I'd really love to get a swimable one. I've been dying to do a photoshoot with a mermaid tail forever now so i posted in the classified section to raise funds; here is the thread for it! Selling lots of goodies!

Nice to meet you all & I look forward to getting to know you!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Taylor is a Mermaid's Avatar
    Dallas! I'm in Fort Worth! *does a happy dance* Also you are SO beautiful! I love the pin up look so much and I just have to say how stunning you are. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your tails and seeing you around the forums.

Senior Member Pod of Texas MermaidSaku's Avatar
    Yus! another Texas mermaid : D
    that's awesome : )
    I hope we can all really get to know each other and start meeting one day ^^.

Hello to you both! Taylor; I'm out in Fort Worth a lot; my belly dance troupe is actually based in Hurst so it's pretty close! Thank you for the compliments as well!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    welcome to the group! Pretty avatar pic!

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    welcome to the group! Pretty avatar pic!
    Thank you! It's from a pinup photo-shoot I did; here's the full pic:

Welcome dahling!

Welcome! Some of the things you do are my dreams to learn and become, actually. Hints- wasted my fair share of fabric making something only to mess it up by tiny mistakes that didn't turn out to be so small after all (haha), and I'm waiting go get my back fixed by a chiropractor (hopefully soon!) before I can start lessons

Gorgeous photo, by the way!

Nice to meet you all!

Hello your grace (I'm certain you were once the queen of Ansteorra )
    There lays a lovely maiden combing her long hair

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAubrin View Post
    Hello your grace (I'm certain you were once the queen of Ansteorra )
    Yes, I was Queen once & therefore am a Countess which actually you address as 'Your Excellency'. Hopefully will do another reign soon & become a Duchess & then will be called 'Grace.

Where do you play?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Vision View Post
    Yes, I was Queen once & therefore am a Countess which actually you address as 'Your Excellency'. Hopefully will do another reign soon & become a Duchess & then will be called 'Grace. Where do you play?
    I'm not actually part of the SCA yet but my stepfather is Don Cellach (i think that's how you spell it) and my mother is Lady Lucy

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAubrin View Post
    I'm not actually part of the SCA yet but my stepfather is Don Cellach (i think that's how you spell it) and my mother is Lady Lucy
    Very nice to meet you! I <3 Don Ceallach (I looked it up, heh!). Be sure to come say hi if you ever do come out to SCA!

[QUOTE=Crimson Vision;3244]Very nice to meet you! I

Thought I'd add a few pics & my quick little video to this thread since I have it linked in my signature!

Since first posting I made myself a fabric tail; a green spandex one! Here is a pic of me in the pool with it:

Here is a short video of me swimming in the pool with it!

I also made myself a starfish hairpiece:

Details of it:

Currently working on the Little Mermaid costume; less than 3 weeks till it's debut!

More pics!

Me on my motorcycle

Me as Ariel with Hubby as Jack Sparrow

Me as Jessica Rabbit

My Dark Phoenix 'burlesque' gown

Me in my Satine 'Black Diamonds' costume (P.S. Everything except the shoes and tighs was handmade by me. All fringe hand beaded and I even made the hat!)

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Hamant's Avatar
    I love the Ariel outfit and the Jessica Rabbit outfit! So cool!

I was thinking about going as Jessica Rabbit for Halloween this year, but I can't imagine a better one than you. Gorgeous dress!!

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeMermaid View Post
    I was thinking about going as Jessica Rabbit for Halloween this year, but I can't imagine a better one than you. Gorgeous dress!!
    Thanks! Made everything in the costume pics (Including Hubby's Jack costume) myself. the shoes on my Jessica outfit have over 6,000 rhinestones which were applied one by one!

Member Pod of The South Marilla's Avatar
    Hello, saw your link to your introduction on another page. I love bellydance, horses, and costuming myself and am drawn to burlesque and now mermaiding. I am a long time Dragon*Con attendee and love your costumes. Needless to say it is a pleasure to meet you!
    User formerly known as "Errngwir".

At night I sit and dream of a cozy sandstone cave on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea, of all the places in the world that I've been, it is there I wish to be...

I'm glad I am a woman who once danced naked in the Mediterranean Sea at midnight.
    ~Mercedes McCambridge