Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: My Top 10 Favorite Eco-Friendly Products

My Top 10 Favorite Eco-Friendly Products

(1) Patty Reed Reusable Shopping Totes
    I bought mine at Fred Meyer for about $3 each. They're made from recycled plastic water bottles and have a nice vinyl-y texture that makes them waterproof, durable, and easy to sanitize, unlike canvas bags. I have a cute light pink with black polka dots one which I think is what Minnie Mouse would use for a shopping bag, and a pretty pink and lavender floral print one. They tested lead-free, fold flat for storage, and have handy pockets inside.
    (2) Energizer Rechargeable AA Batteries
    Switched to rechargeable batteries a few years ago and it has worked out very well for the most part. Energizer claims on their website they can be charged up to 700 times, the charge lasts up to 12 months in storage, and come pre-charged.
    (3) Silk Light Vanilla Soymilk
    I use it in cereal, in my coffee, and I even make Carnation Instant Breakfast with it. My mom loves it too! Silk claims on their website that producing one carton of Silk uses 80% less water and and generates 47% less greenhouse gas emissions than producing one typical carton of dairy milk. All Silk products are certified non-GMO, and the soybeans are grown right here in North America. This soymilk is also dairy-free, lactose-free, gluten-free, casein-free, egg-free, MSG-free, has no artificial colors or flavors, has 150 mg ALA omega-3s, 6g of soy protein, cholesterol-free, no saturated fat, 7g less sugar than skim dairy milk, 15% more calcium than skim dairy milk, and 10 calories less than skim dairy milk.
    (4) Dr. McDougall's Right Foods Ramen Soup
    When I found out my old ramen brand contains trace amounts of seafood products, I switched to a healthier, vegan(and admittedly much more expensive) brand. This ramen is also certified organic, comes in BPA-free, Sustainable Forestry Initiative-certified packaging, is made in the USA, and is both lower in calories and higher in protein than some conventional instant ramen.
    (5) Tom's Of Maine Silly Strawberry Anticavity Fluoride Toothpaste
    A few years ago I switched to this from my old conventional toothpaste which was tested on animals and full of chemicals. I really like this toothpaste because not only does it taste like delicious strawberry-flavored yogurt, it's not tested on animals, contains no animal ingredients, comes in BPA-free packaging, contains no artificial colors, no preservatives, and no artificial flavors.
    (6) Natracare Feminine Hygiene Products
    Thanks to my friend Raina's suggestion, I switched from conventional pads to these products a few years ago. While I have noticed they're not as sticky as regular pads so I have to really make sure they're stuck down good, they've nonetheless worked for me overall. They're not tested on animals, contain no animal ingredients, biodegradable, fragrance-free, plastic-free, chlorine-free, made from 100% certified organic cotton, alcohol-free, paraben-free, and formaldehyde-free.
    (7) Kiss My Face All Natural Moisture Hand Soap
    My mom and I both like this soap. I even use it for an eco-friendly bubble bath ! It's not tested on animals, contains no animal ingredients, biodegradable, paraben-free, triclosan-free, phthalate-free, gluten-free, SLS-free, and made in the USA.
    (8) Amy's Kitchen Organic Alphabet Soup
    This soup tastes almost exactly like Campbell's ABC Vegetable soup, only healthier. It's perfect for kids! It's vegan, organic, soy-free, tree nut-free, cholesterol-free, low-fat, and certified kosher.
    (9) EcoTools Makeup Brushes
    I don't wear makeup very often, but I purchased these in the natural foods section of my local Haggen's a few years ago after I won the Mermaid Minerals contest to help apply the MM products I won for a photo shoot. They work well, are cruelty-free, have sleek bamboo handles, and recycled aluminum ferrules.
    (10) Mermaid Minerals Mermaid Mane Shampoo
    Of all the products I won in the MM contest a few years ago, this was probably my favorite. It made my hair feel like silk! Like all MM products, it's vegan, organic, and gluten-free

What are you guys' favorite eco-friendly products?
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

Thanks for sharing eco-friendly products. Switching to rechargeable batteries is a great step as they are eco-friendly. You can buy rechargeable batteries for your home gadgets that are environment friendly and save your money. Some rechargeable batteries have their own unique durability depending on the charger, with each type working better in different situations, 18650 charger gives no problem. The helpline at your local Batteries service can help you choose the right charger type.