I might as well put my name in. I'm based out of Hamilton, Ontario, and I would love to get a more realistic tail. I currently use a fin fun tail for swimming, (though I am slowly working on a sequinned tail) and it's difficult to bill myself as an attraction to people when what they see in photographs is the same costume that their children have. (We'll ignore that I also sing, tell stories, run educational workshops, teach and perform swimming tricks, spin poi, belly dance and in general have over a decade of character and performing experience).

i know that this is not the greatest tail in the world. I won't be disappointed if this tail doesn't fulfil my hopes and dreams. My spirit will not be crushed if this tail experience isn't perfection. It's a costume, and it's a tool, and it could be the thing that helps me get a leg up (fin up?) to create a stronger base for my business as well as help train me for the tail that could eventually fulfil all the aforementioned hopes and/or dreams.

As as for not-drowning-ness, I have been swimming since literally infancy. My mom has videos of me in baby swimming lessons, and we had a pool in the backyard when I was growing up. I would stay in the pool as long as I could physically stand it. My breath hold is about a minute, which I fully understand is probably going to go down trying to power a tail this heavy. However, most of my parties consist of very little swimming- it's difficult to do when kids love talking to me and hearing stories so much. Though on my own I love deep water, with kids I stick to the shallows. I also do land events, such as Renaissance festivals and conventions, and the risk of drowning at these is very minimal. However, the fabric tail really stands out at these events, as I am constantly on display and don't have water for camouflage.

Also, shipping in Canada is way cheaper than crossing a border.