Thread: Want my mermaid creations tail- for Free?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Good luck everyone.

Raina - Thanks for this generous opportunity. You'll be making someone a very happy mer.

I really, really want to say that I NEED this tail, but I'm pretty sure the shipping would be insane to the UK. (I just looked it up, and actually, the shipping wouldn't be as bad as I had thought.)

My reasons are that, in raising my large family, I never have money to spend on things like this and I am getting older, not younger. *sigh* I've always loved mermaids. One of my earliest memories is of my best friend and I swimming with our ankles crossed, pretending we were mermaids.

But really, I run my own indie publishing company and create a lot of the book covers myself. One thing I am never quite happy with is photo-manipulating a tail onto someone. Having an actual tail would be perfect and make the covers for the mermaid books so much easier! I am about to publish a collection of short mermaid-themed stories and I am working on a "Daughters of Poseidon" series. (I can link you to the FB page for the series, if you'd like.) My books all tend to have an eco-theme to them, especially the Daughters of Poseidon series. (I also have a short story in another anthology about female superheroes in which the hero is a mermaid.) I am a strong swimmer, life guard trained and former swim team member. But it wouldn't always be me in the tail. For the photography for the book covers, I would use models and the photos would be above-ground.

But, no matter how much I could use this tail, and how much living paycheck to paycheck while my husband and I strive to provide for our family means I am unable to save for it, if I'm really fortunate and keep working hard, my publishing and other interests will take off money-wise and give me the extra income to start saving. And I have just read the other entries, and pretty much everyone requesting it deserves it. I can't wait to see who gets it. Hope they share pictures of themselves in it!
    Last edited by moonduster; 08-14-2015 at 02:29 PM.