Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Want my mermaid creations tail- for Free?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Want my mermaid creations tail- for Free?

So I've decided to give away my mermaid creations tail... for free! I'm just asking shipping which in all honest may be close to 100-150 from Canada because of how heavy it is and depending on how fast you want it.

It's a heavy tail, with flaws. The silicone peels off in some places, the colour is streaky, the fluke is very heavy and doesnt drain, and it's got a few mold spots.

This tail would be ideal for a strong swimmer as it's quite heavy. It has a foil inside and fits up to a size 9 ladies. The straps are still intact. It also be ideal for anyone who just wants a "beater" tail, something that can be used when you're not worried of destroying it. Dry gigs where it needs to get bashed around, or sitting on rocks etc it'll hold up nicely for that because it's so thick. It's pretty floaty BUT IT'S VERY THICK so wearing it can feel a bit claustrophobic. I've already fixed any major holes or tears with clear stretchy line and silicone. I was originally told this had perma wet on it which is why it's shiny and would make sense as per why it's peeling off. Parts of the paint are a bit see through.

If you're someone working in silicone you can have a go at messing around with it, see about repainting it or fixing it up.

IT'S FREE. Why? Because well, we aren't using it. I don't plan on ever using it again, we can't insure it for the company, and well... PEOPLE HAVE DONE NICE THINGS FOR ME IN MY LIFE so I'd like to PAY THAT FORWARD. I don't feel right charging for it because of the state it's in as well; and it wouldnt be fair to throw it out when so many want a tail.

To get the free tail, it's NOT first come first serve. Please post here, a little blurb about why you want it, and why you think you can handle it (I'm obviously concerned about safety etc I don't just wanna unload this beast on someone and have them drown) and you should be close to the measurements. Then I'll pick someone, and it's yours. I'll invoice you for the shipping and that's it!

Here are the measurements:

waist: 31
    hips: 32
    knees: 20
    ankles: 16
    shoe size: 9 (foil monofin)
    waist to heels: 41

Tail weighs 27lbs

The waistline is pretty frayed, so I think you could cut it down if needed and also it would stretch to accommodate. Here's some photos of the damage etc:

You can see how the tail swims here:

The tail photographs pretty well, you can easily fix issues with it in photoshop or editing programs. I find it photographs darker than it looks in real life especially in the water

Last edited by AniaR; 08-13-2015 at 09:38 PM.

I would love to have this tail. I have always adored it since i first saw it and I was wanting to have a tail for Under The Sea week at my job. I work at an elementary school and we talked about hiring me for an after school program on Mondays call "Merman Storytime" where we read to kids and then go swimming in the pool at our local YMCA. I am the right measurements for the tail and I will be able to swim in it. I am on the YMCA swim team where i do 50 freestyle, 50 butterfly, and 100 backstroke. I hope you choose me because i really want to impress these kids and be able to swim with them on Mondays! Also I can pay shipping and send extra money as a token of my gratitude. I am also a huge fan of splash and I also live an hour away from Merfest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merman Typhoon!

Sorry for the long story lol

Merman Typhoon!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    Put me on the list! We are starting up a mermaid company in Houston and one of my girls is EXTREMELY talented with creating things and I think this would be the tail she needs to work on. Also, my current tail is a MC tail so I know going in exactly how these tails are.

just wondering, how much does it weigh? also a lot of the images are broken for me.
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Junior Member Pod of the Midwest Paula Smiley's Avatar
    Follow Paula Smiley On Twitter Add Paula Smiley on Facebook Add Paula Smiley on Google+

cost of shipping

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    So I've decided to give away my mermaid creations tail... for free! I'm just asking shipping which in all honest may be close to 100-150 from Canada because of how heavy it is and depending on how fast you want it.

It's a heavy tail, with flaws. The silicone peels off in some places, the colour is streaky, the fluke is very heavy and doesn't drain, and it's got a few mold spots.

This tail would be ideal for a strong swimmer as it's quite heavy. It has a foil inside and fits up to a size 9 ladies. The straps are still intact. It also be ideal for anyone who just wants a "beater" tail, something that can be used when you're not worried of destroying it. Dry gigs where it needs to get bashed around, or sitting on rocks etc it'll hold up nicely for that because it's so thick. It's pretty floaty BUT IT'S VERY THICK so wearing it can feel a bit claustrophobic. I've already fixed any major holes or tears with clear stretchy line and silicone. I was originally told this had perma wet on it which is why it's shiny and would make sense as per why it's peeling off. Parts of the paint are a bit see through.

If you're someone working in silicone you can have a go at messing around with it, see about repainting it or fixing it up.

IT'S FREE. Why? Because well, we aren't using it. I don't plan on ever using it again, we can't insure it for the company, and well... PEOPLE HAVE DONE NICE THINGS FOR ME IN MY LIFE so I'd like to PAY THAT FORWARD. I don't feel right charging for it because of the state it's in as well; and it wouldnt be fair to throw it out when so many want a tail.

To get the free tail, it's NOT first come first serve. Please post here, a little blurb about why you want it, and why you think you can handle it (I'm obviously concerned about safety etc I don't just wanna unload this beast on someone and have them drown) and you should be close to the measurements. Then I'll pick someone, and it's yours. I'll invoice you for the shipping and that's it!

Here are the measurements:

waist: 31
    hips: 32
    knees: 20
    ankles: 16
    shoe size: 9 (foil monofin)
    waist to heels: 41

The waistline is pretty frayed, so I think you could cut it down if needed and also it would stretch to accommodate. Here's some photos of the damage etc:

You can see how the tail swims here:

The tail photographs pretty well, you can easily fix issues with it in photoshop or editing programs. I find it photographs darker than it looks in real life especially in the water

How much would the shipping be for Oklahoma zip code 73764 ? Really interested ! It wouldn't be much in the water because, I don't have a pool and I don't live in near the ocean. Mostly for entertaining kids. Thanks ! I really love this tail, the scaling and the color ! The damage is not an issue for me.
    Last edited by Paula Smiley; 08-15-2015 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Wrong word was used, would instead of wouldn't

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Shimmer Mermaid's Avatar
    Oh this tail has been such a cutie!

I've always been in love with how it moves under water! It's so gorgeous!

As a person with severe anxiety- due to a very bad childhood (i think you've talked to me a little about my mother), being a mermaid has been my way of coping, and coming out of my shell. Never feeling like i was good enough to have a tail, then trying to make one and having it fail, made me honestly believe that that was a sign i wasnt good enough. You have always been my inspiration, and i practically scream when you upload new videos.
    My father is 72, and as some of you may know, has lung cancer in his only remaining lung. His last wish for me is to see me have a real tail before he passes, and he would buy me one himself, but he has so many medical bills he's scared that if he doesnt make sure he has enough money put away, his kids will be responsible for his medical debt.

I would love to make it happen for him, especially a tail that you have worn yourself, because he knows you by name because your videos were the ones i showed him to get him to understand the whole mermaid thing.

He has also agreed to help me fix one up if i got a second hand tail, as he knows a lot about silicone and the like.

I'd love to have this tail, but honestly I'm rooting for everyone who wants it, because I'd like everyone to have a tail and live their dreams.

Thanks! And good luck everyone!
    Tell me your secrets, sailor.. and I'll whisper mine in return.

As tempting as a Disgraced Tailmakers Collection would be, this can go to somebody who will actually use it.

I would love to have this!! The measurements would work for me! This would be a great first tail for me since it is already a little worn and free! Lol! I am a strong swimmer, I am scuba certified and just a couple of dives from advanced open water certification, and I am almost done with my free diving certification. I would love to use this to up start my mermaid career, there is a special little girl fighting cancer that I want to make a visit to first! And my son would be delighted to see his mommy in a tail as he already thinks I am a mermaid. I ha e been working hard lately doing school and internships and a seasonal job as a marine mammal rehabilitator. It would be nice to have a little magic in this busy crazy new single mommy life of mine. Hope you pick me, but good luck to everybody! May the odds ever be in your favor! ( nerd family over here!)

Man, too bad it isn't purple, then I'd take it!
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

Wow, Raina! What a kind thing to do! I can't wait to see who gets it!
    Beautiful beaded tops and silicone fins and flukes for enhancing your tail at my Etsy shop: Fancy Fish Fashions!
    Follow me on Facebook

This is such a sweet thing to do! I don't envy you making that decision; so many deserving mers out there it looks like.

waist: 31 Me: 26
    hips: 32 Me: 37
    knees: 20 Me: 21
    ankles: 16 Me: 13
    shoe size: 9 (foil monofin) Me: 9
    waist to heels: 41 Me: 41

I am not sure if that is close enough?
    Oh my goodness I am not sure what to say. Everyone sounds so much more deserving but if I don't say something then I certainly won't have a chance at this opportunity so I might as well go for it!

Since joining Mernetwork I have been really inspired by everyone! Recently I have been doing a bunch of research on making silicone tails just because as an artist, I have been wanting to get into more 3D works and I enjoy learning and especially exploring the overflowing fountain of knowledge that this forum has. I have been curious about silicone tails but I have doubted that I would ever be able to have one or make one due to justifying the cost to everyone around me. I think it would be a fun challenge getting some silicone and working on fixing up this tail, and also perhaps it would help me show the family that silicone tails are really special (not that other tails are not wonderful, I adore my fabric tail and I also love many other people's fabric and/or neoprene tails) and worth the investment. I think this tail would really help me get my fins wet with silicone and see what it is like.

Well, my only swimming credentials are I have been swimming since I was a baby - which I feel is a very common excuse as to why someone should be able to handle a silicone tail, so yes I have always swam and I can swim in a fabric tail with a monofin, but as far as staying safe I NEVER swim in a mermaid tail alone! By never alone I do not mean having a lifeguard on duty I mean having a good friend swimming with me who is not wearing a tail or a monofin who will rescue me if need be. I have access to pools with shallow ends where I would most certainly start off in learning how to swim in a silicone tail. I understand that this tail would not be a tail you would take with you to swim in the ocean, because without a stiff fluke that could be dangerous.

In conclusion, I have always found this tail unique looking. I am not just saying that, I honestly always liked the way the scales look so small, the fluke is so tattery yet strong looking, and the back fin looks dangerous as if it is spines on a catfish which by the way hurt, but on this tail it is good of course haha.

Ahhhh blarg it would be so amazing to have a tail from the super amazing Halifax Mermaids...I bet it smells like Canadian maple syrup and magic hehe.

Okay but seriously whoever gets this tail had better do a photoshoot with it. For you people who are new or who don't post much I am most certainly talking to you.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Hello Raina

Honestly this is such a surreal situation and my heart is beating a million miles per hour, and I can barely type. You have always been one of my biggest inspirations, and through thick and thin I look up to you. It's in my introduction that I wrote four years ago haha! I remember when I first joined the community and you gave away your Metailor tail, I got freakishly excited. I was amazed at how nice and generous you and everyone were, and that still stands today. I would be honored to be the receiver of this tail.

For five years I've longed for a beautiful tail. I've made some and I've failed some. My dream was to make a silicone tail, and it was so close to coming true this summer. However, things happened financially and the dream was gone. I was absolutely crushed, and still am.
    This is my new dream though, and I'm literally shaking while writing this. I can fix up this tail, and make it so beautiful. I've been searching around for a fixer upper, and wow, here it is. I'll turn it into something beautiful. Maybe then I'll bash it around, but with the utmost care
    I feel like opportunities like this don't come often for me. I've stayed up at night wishing for a tail like this. I do believe that this tail would take so much stress off financially. My family knows how important being a mermaid is to me, and they would love to be able to buy me a beautiful tail if they could. I have the money myself for shipping, and I wouldn't have to ask my parents for a dime.

The measurements are near exact, which adds to the surrealism of this. As for safety, theres nothing for you to worry about. My breath hold is a minute and a half underwater, and I swim with my monofin every week.

Becoming a mer has changed me in so many of the best ways possible. I had no motivations, I was sad and I was angry. I do believe that mermaiding and the beautiful community has contributed a huge part to my character today. I'm confident now and I just want to love all you you guys so much. I would be beside myself if this new dream came true, and I promise that I will give my all to this community.

Thank you so much for this opportunity

Kalani

Edit: Please read
    Whilst I was caught up in the rush of seeing this, I had completely forgotten one of my main purposes.

I aspire to be like Hannah, Raina, Linden, and Dana. Not just in wearing a tail, but in making a difference. Linden once said that when you have a captive audience, they will listen. She refers to the children who stare in awe at the mermaid in front of them. She uses this power for good and instills in the minds of the new generation that there are issues concerning the environment at hand, and they need to be fixed. These children are the change.

If I become the new owner of this tail, I will strive to do the same. If I have this chance, this jumpstart for a change, it will make all of the difference. I do believe that this means more than just a cool new tail, it could potentially be the spark that I've been needing for the past four years to progress in my journey.

Maybe I wrote a little more than a blurb, but my wish is to prove how important this would be to me

Good luck to everyone!
    Last edited by Ashe; 08-14-2015 at 12:08 AM.
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Good luck to everyone.

I would love to put my name in. As for my story. I cannot afford silicone tails outright I am fixing up a home that my husband inherited and that takes up most of my world right now. I have a design that I want to do for my permanent looking tail and have been looking for a fixer upper one I could afford and work on little by little. I do wish everyone else the best and who ever you gift your lovely tail to is a lucky mer. Thank you for letting so many people have the chance to fulfill their goals! Can't wait to see who gets the big smile!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    Formerly known as Moon Coral

Quote Originally Posted by OrcaMatt View Post
    As tempting as a Disgraced Tailmakers Collection would be, this can go to somebody who will actually use it.
    I laughed sooo hard at this hahaha

this tail weighs 27lbs.

I'd love to have your used tail. I'd like to give it to my mom. My mom and I don't really have a lot in common and one thing we bond over is mermaiding. She works for the government as a doctor so she's always working, she never really gets time alone and I think her and my dad's divorce took a really heavy hit on her and her father has cancer and she doesn't have any family in the state. We don't really get to spent time together because I have my job and she has hers and she works during the day and I work at night. The only time we really bond with each other is when she goes to mermaid meet ups with me, for example Coney Island and at Merfest. Mermaiding for me brought me into a whole different world and I'm not going to lie, it kinda saved my life, I was so much happier meeting everyone and having fun. I want her to have the same experience as me, as to where she can just hang out and forget about the human world and just relax. I want to see her have fun and it would be something for the both of us to do, she usually just hangs out at meet ups but I want her to experience it. I think it would be a really fun surprise for her. I think forgetting about the human world would take a lot of stress off her shoulders. I feel bad for her and I want her to be happy and I want something in common with her.
    I really hope you consider me, Raina!
    Have a lovely day(:
    Mermaids&Anchors

Good luck and congratulations to whoever gets this! Raina- it's such an incredible thing for you (and the Halifax team) to do. Best of luck finding it a new home
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown