Thread: Want my mermaid creations tail- for Free?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Want my mermaid creations tail- for Free?

So I've decided to give away my mermaid creations tail... for free! I'm just asking shipping which in all honest may be close to 100-150 from Canada because of how heavy it is and depending on how fast you want it.

It's a heavy tail, with flaws. The silicone peels off in some places, the colour is streaky, the fluke is very heavy and doesnt drain, and it's got a few mold spots.

This tail would be ideal for a strong swimmer as it's quite heavy. It has a foil inside and fits up to a size 9 ladies. The straps are still intact. It also be ideal for anyone who just wants a "beater" tail, something that can be used when you're not worried of destroying it. Dry gigs where it needs to get bashed around, or sitting on rocks etc it'll hold up nicely for that because it's so thick. It's pretty floaty BUT IT'S VERY THICK so wearing it can feel a bit claustrophobic. I've already fixed any major holes or tears with clear stretchy line and silicone. I was originally told this had perma wet on it which is why it's shiny and would make sense as per why it's peeling off. Parts of the paint are a bit see through.

If you're someone working in silicone you can have a go at messing around with it, see about repainting it or fixing it up.

IT'S FREE. Why? Because well, we aren't using it. I don't plan on ever using it again, we can't insure it for the company, and well... PEOPLE HAVE DONE NICE THINGS FOR ME IN MY LIFE so I'd like to PAY THAT FORWARD. I don't feel right charging for it because of the state it's in as well; and it wouldnt be fair to throw it out when so many want a tail.

To get the free tail, it's NOT first come first serve. Please post here, a little blurb about why you want it, and why you think you can handle it (I'm obviously concerned about safety etc I don't just wanna unload this beast on someone and have them drown) and you should be close to the measurements. Then I'll pick someone, and it's yours. I'll invoice you for the shipping and that's it!

Here are the measurements:

waist: 31
    hips: 32
    knees: 20
    ankles: 16
    shoe size: 9 (foil monofin)
    waist to heels: 41

Tail weighs 27lbs

The waistline is pretty frayed, so I think you could cut it down if needed and also it would stretch to accommodate. Here's some photos of the damage etc:

You can see how the tail swims here:

The tail photographs pretty well, you can easily fix issues with it in photoshop or editing programs. I find it photographs darker than it looks in real life especially in the water

Last edited by AniaR; 08-13-2015 at 09:38 PM.