Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Finfolk Productions Wait Time

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaidhunter View Post
    Nope!!
    Coming up on 49 months though...... sent an email so lets see what happens.
    MermaidHunter, Have you heard back from them? Any pictures? I've been following your journey for a long time now...just hiding away in the shadows reading everything. Lol

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Nope. I've written to them twice; last month and a couple days ago. Nothing.
    Will be hitting the big 5-0 next week though.

With all due respect, that is some effed-up communication. Facebook messaging doesn't work either?

There has to be some way of getting their attention. No business can keep doing this and survive long.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

I'm gonna be completely transparent here. I ordered a mythic tail on Black Friday 2017 (which was November) and still don't have my tail, and it's been an extremely painful process with a lot of broken promises and HORRIBLE customer service from FFP. They informed me in December that there was a glitch in the system and they actually didn't have the tail I ordered in stock. They offered me some alternatives, but none were in the color or size I needed. They said they could make a new iridescent mythic tail in the color I originally ordered but it wouldn't be done til January. Fine. Fast forward to January, haven't heard anything from them so I followed up. They said they were finishing their fabric tails and my tail would now be done around late January/Early February. Ok. Fast forward again, to February 12th, still nothing, emailed them again. No response. Now I was getting heated. Sent them another email on March 11 and they responded 3 days later saying they would be painting my fluke that week and the tail would be done after that, and to keep an eye out for a shipping notification. ONE MONTH LATER, April 18, after weeks of radio silence I emailed them again demanding an update. They said they were putting the finishing touches on the tail that week. A week passed and again, silence. Is this a joke? I send them another email demanding a ship date and they apologize and say that the tail took longer than expected, and it would be done that week. Surprise surprise, after another week passes it's crickets again. I sent them a really pissed off email at that point calling them out on their bad business practices and that I felt like they were giving me the run around. May 7, I got an email from them saying my tail was finished with a tracking number. I told them I needed the tail by the 8th (yesterday) for a gig and they said they'd overnight it to me (so I don't still get it late). Cherry on top: I got an email from UPS this morning saying the tail wasn't going to be delivered today and that the label was printed, but it hasn't actually shipped. I am livid and am going to share this story far and wide, because this is NOT how you run a business. Their lack of communication, broken promises, lack of urgency and general disrespect for customers is horrible.

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork

Finfolk Productions Wait Time

Edit: it appears that this time frame is nothing compared to how long some others have been waiting, but that should have been what they told me when I asked for a completion date. Its basic practice as a respectable business. I don't appreciate forking over thousands and being straight up lied to and ignored.

Thanks for your honesty and transparency Sienamoon.

I am quickly approaching 50 months (5/19) and so far two emails have gone unanswered.
    My tail needs one touch up that the girls missed from back in January so I am not sure what is causing this delay as I have seen other tails getting completed since.

This is extremely frustrating and I've experienced something similar, but not as bad.

I placed an order for a mythic but forgot to designate something in the comments. I emailed them right away with the update and order number..... and didn't hear back. two weeks later I sent them a facebook message with the same content of my email.... and never heard back. I eventually got a message back from them after the third attempt that they had received my first email and facebook message. Phew! Glad to know they had gotten my order clarification.

However, it's frustrating that it had to take three attempts. They do *amazing* work, but their customer service is seriously lacking and I wonder if they're in over their heads just a little bit with the mythic lines, fabric lines, and still taking silicone orders.

It's because of these posts that I'm taking their 12-15 week timeline with a grain of salt. I feel that if I speak up or speak out against them in any way, even if by asking community members about their poor communication skills, they'll take forever to complete my tail. I shouldn't have to feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by sienamoon View Post
    I'm gonna be completely transparent here. I ordered a mythic tail on Black Friday 2017 (which was November) and still don't have my tail, and it's been an extremely painful process with a lot of broken promises and HORRIBLE customer service from FFP. They informed me in December that there was a glitch in the system and they actually didn't have the tail I ordered in stock. They offered me some alternatives, but none were in the color or size I needed. They said they could make a new iridescent mythic tail in the color I originally ordered but it wouldn't be done til January. Fine. Fast forward to January, haven't heard anything from them so I followed up. They said they were finishing their fabric tails and my tail would now be done around late January/Early February. Ok. Fast forward again, to February 12th, still nothing, emailed them again. No response. Now I was getting heated. Sent them another email on March 11 and they responded 3 days later saying they would be painting my fluke that week and the tail would be done after that, and to keep an eye out for a shipping notification. ONE MONTH LATER, April 18, after weeks of radio silence I emailed them again demanding an update. They said they were putting the finishing touches on the tail that week. A week passed and again, silence. Is this a joke? I send them another email demanding a ship date and they apologize and say that the tail took longer than expected, and it would be done that week. Surprise surprise, after another week passes it's crickets again. I sent them a really pissed off email at that point calling them out on their bad business practices and that I felt like they were giving me the run around. May 7, I got an email from them saying my tail was finished with a tracking number. I told them I needed the tail by the 8th (yesterday) for a gig and they said they'd overnight it to me (so I don't still get it late). Cherry on top: I got an email from UPS this morning saying the tail wasn't going to be delivered today and that the label was printed, but it hasn't actually shipped. I am livid and am going to share this story far and wide, because this is NOT how you run a business. Their lack of communication, broken promises, lack of urgency and general disrespect for customers is horrible.

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork

Follow Mermaid Machhalee on Tumblr Visit Mermaid Machhalee's Youtube Channel
    Just hoping your tail doesn't arrive damaged like my Mythic Tail did. Hopefully you've received yours by now. :/

The Earth is NOT some "dead thing" you can claim.

HAPPY 50TH MONTH!!!!!!
    THE BIG 5-0!!!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

Well it is now coming up on three months since I have last heard from the girls.
    I have written to them three times and so far my emails have gone unanswered.
    I have been extremely patient but this is now going to be my fourth summer without receiving my tail, and coming up on 51 months since I sent my order in.
    Come June 19th, if I have not heard from the girls, been given an update, have a small fix to my tail's paint scheme that they missed back in January 2018, and have tracking in hand, my patience is done.

What can you do on your end, take it to some authority and/or social media?

I'm not sure what recourse is available to you, but I hope for everyone's sake they have a really good explanation. Good luck, whatever you decide.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    dude i freaking commend you for being patient for this long
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Machhalee View Post
    Just hoping your tail doesn't arrive damaged like my Mythic Tail did. Hopefully you've received yours by now. :/
    Not yet. But I decided to pay the $35 to join their facebook group because they tend to respond quickly there, and someone had just asked about the mythic tails from February and Finfolk assured us they would be shipping out next week.

Slightly disappointing though are the posts of people receiving their mythic tails from the latest release in April as we wait patiently for our tails from February..... However members are saying this is because we ordered full size flukes and they take longer.

Well after two attempts and posting here, I finally heard from them.
    They said they actually completed the updates to it a few days before the Memorial Day weekend and that they will be sending photos for confirmation once they return to the studio and that they will send it out the following week pending approval. That was back on 5/31.

Still no pictures......

They said they actually completed the updates to it a few days before the Memorial Day weekend and that they will be sending photos for confirmation once they return to the studio and that they will send it out the following week pending approval. That was back on 5/31.

Still no pictures......
    Are you a part of the PodSquad by any chance? Sometimes people tag them asking about specific things like if there are updates on their tails. I guess you could too if you are part of it. It might help you get an answer.

Still no pictures......
    They posted a silicone tail on their instagram and said it was for a merman. Is it yours? If so, it is STUNNING!!!

There's no excuse for lack of communication and the time it's taking to complete this tail, though... I really hope your tail is by your side ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Jalpari View Post
    Are you a part of the PodSquad by any chance? Sometimes people tag them asking about specific things like if there are updates on their tails. I guess you could too if you are part of it. It might help you get an answer.
    This is what I did so I could get updates kind of stinks though that I had to pay an extra $35 just so I could find out where my tail was.... but the pod squad has been pretty cool and there's a bunch of great people in there chatting about fun mermaid things so it was worth it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLiara View Post
    They posted a silicone tail on their instagram and said it was for a merman. Is it yours? If so, it is STUNNING!!!
    Just looked, nope, not mine

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    The one they posted was of Jakes We’ve been talking about it in the other Finfolk thread of ordering a tail.

Yeah it’s super helpful getting ahold of them through the pod squad but it’s still an unnecessary hassle. I would email again and make sure to mention urgent in the title.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast