Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Finfolk Productions Wait Time

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Aw man, I feel so bad for you :/ let's hope that it doesn't take too long anymore.. how can they take so long?!

Yea....again, I think y'all are missing the point. So quick to make excuses for finfolk, when bottomline is he saw a nearly finished tail photo on may 17th...that's three months ago, and hasn't heard heads...or tails ( ;D) since then. Doesn't matter what break they're taking NOW. His tail should have been finished and sent out WAY before now. and if they had a progress photo of a nearly finished tail three months ago they should have made sure to ship said tail or at LEAST give some sort of update BEFORE taking a break and THAT'S the issue. a two week break isn't an excuse for 3 and a half years of waiting.

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMermaidQuintessence View Post
    Yea....again, I think y'all are missing the point. So quick to make excuses for finfolk, when bottomline is he saw a nearly finished tail photo on may 17th...that's three months ago, and hasn't heard heads...or tails ( ;D) since then. Doesn't matter what break they're taking NOW. His tail should have been finished and sent out WAY before now. and if they had a progress photo of a nearly finished tail three months ago they should have made sure to ship said tail or at LEAST give some sort of update BEFORE taking a break and THAT'S the issue. a two week break isn't an excuse for 3 and a half years of waiting.
    Yup agreed

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Arking's Avatar
    Add Arking on Facebook
    Add Arking on Linkedin Follow Arking on Tumblr Follow Arking on Flickr
    Oh lords of the sea, you are a patient man. I would have given up last swim season. Their current ordering for custom silicone claims tails says they will be made in 2018 and delivered by December 31st. That's a heck of a leap for your tail to suddenly become a 4 season ordeal. I do hope they have been adding bells and whistles to make up for the delay and floundering communication skills @_@.
    Last edited by Arking; 08-24-2017 at 12:32 PM.

considering they're three years behind on orders i HIGHLY doubt that estimate is anywhere near realistic. I have a friend whose been waiting on an individually scaled silicone tail for a year and a half already.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I dont think caspian was making excuses, just explaining what they saw in the group.

Both this guy and Mermaid Marla S have been waiting around the same amount of time. I hope it all works out soon

Kinda funny how this popped up in my Memories on FB page today....... 3 years ago today:
    Name:  tail.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  51.4 KB

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Oh that's so cool. I always love seeing the sculpts, it's amazing how detailed they turn out.

Are you still waiting Mermaid hunter?

Still waiting....... and waiting.... and waiting.......

Oh my god I feel so bad for you MermaidHunter...I would have hopped on a plane and banged the door down if I were you. How can someone not prioritize fixing a situation that's over 3 years old, like what the hell???

.:YouTube:.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidAiera
    .:Facebook:.
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAiera/

^^^ Like me on Facebook for fan updates and booking!!! ^^^
    ^^^ Follow me on Instagram @The_Long_Island_Mermaid ((MermaidAiera)) ^^^

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaidhunter View Post
    Still waiting....... and waiting.... and waiting.......
    Oh, no! I'm so sorry. It sucks to see these awesome artists get swamped, and have a lot of pressure on them.
    Last edited by Mermaid Kane; 09-14-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    Oh, no! I'm so sorry. It sucks to see these awesome artists get swamped, and have a lot of pressure on them.
    I know. It sucks to see these awesome artists get swamped...... but the appropriate response would have been to finish those tails that were the earliest in the production queue rather than completing other orders that were placed much later.

Senior Member Euro Pod
    I know. It sucks to see these awesome artists get swamped...... but the appropriate response would have been to finish those tails that were the earliest in the production queue rather than completing other orders that were placed much later.
    Agreed completely, they're not handling this very professionally.

Yup. Three years is longer then a lot of mermaids have even known about this community.

I know Merbellas has a few people who have been waiting 2 years + but they all mostly wanted very custom work and knew it would take a while, or she told them up front that it would take a while.

Is there a specific reason yours is taking so long? I know originally it had to do with an assistant messing it up so it needed to be re-made

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I know Merbellas has a few people who have been waiting 2 years + but they all mostly wanted very custom work and knew it would take a while, or she told them up front that it would take a while.
    Is there a specific reason yours is taking so long? I know originally it had to do with an assistant messing it up so it needed to be re-made
    I took the time last night to read this whole thread, and what you were saying about custom work makes sense to me.

However, I feel like maybe through these 3 years, there should have been at least a few times where they could finish this tail. I wonder what's wrong as well?

Custom fluke.... but that was done back in 2014.
    Individual scales... but that was back in 2016
    Anything else like fins, measurements, paint scheme, etc was given back in 2014 (well, measurements were sent again in early 2016)

My understanding is that when they moved to Hawaii and had an assistant, the assistant did not do a quality job and that the tail portion has to be completely redone.

The sneak peek on Instagram was back on May 17, minus the fins and with the initial first coat of paint with a comment about shipping it out in a month........

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    At this point it's ridiculous and extremely unprofessional.

However, I feel like maybe through these 3 years, there should have been at least a few times where they could finish this tail. I wonder what's wrong as well?

Oh yeah I don't disagree please don't mistake it as an excuse, I am genuinely wondering if there's more to this cuz 3 years is so long.

The sneak peek on Instagram was back on May 17, minus the fins and with the initial first coat of paint with a comment about shipping it out in a month........

dang