Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Finfolk Productions Wait Time

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    If this is the case will the new fall
    Line be made out of the neoprin instead of neoprene? Wouldn’t it be unethical to keep selling the products with a false material? Especially since the web sight says neoprene?
    I brought it up with the twins right after the last sale and they said they'd be switching it. I can't confirm if that was done or not.

For my monofin I found the finis rapid was too big. I switched to a foil but then you need to keep the screws in (you'll know what I mean when you get it)

Any news @Mermaidhunter ?

I emailed them about this issue and they said that all they could do is give a refund if it is in "new condition" or give me a 15% discount on the fall line :/ considering that shipping to Australia was almost $100 AUD and I have to pay for shipping back to get a refund thats not an option for me and I don't think i'm gonna buy another tail form them anytime soon...
    Is there anything else I can do?, I mean here in Australia you can return damaged items if they didn't meet the standards that they were required to meet and the retailer pays for the postage...
    is it the same in America?
    https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/co...replace-refund
    Last edited by user76213849809; 10-18-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Any news @Mermaidhunter ?

I just read all 41 pages. Wow. This is disappointing. I love FinFolk tails, for they are so beautiful, but now I am heavily reconsidering ordering from them. FOUR PLUS YEARS! This can’t be the normal!

Quote Originally Posted by KTMaggs View Post
    I just read all 41 pages. Wow. This is disappointing. I love FinFolk tails, for they are so beautiful, but now I am heavily reconsidering ordering from them. FOUR PLUS YEARS! This can’t be the normal!
    To be fair a lot of comments in this thread are really old! They are now back on their feet and fully moved into a where house. Before they were working out of their garage and they now have additional staff to help them !!!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Yeah and you gotta remember there are extenuating circumstances for specific tails. Not that I am defending ridiculously long waits, just that the forum usually only gets one half a story

Hello, I'm new to the forums! Hope this is the right thread:

So in May 2017 I ordered an arctic blue mythic. It was May because someone had cancelled their order and they posted that there was one back up for sale. I recieved that tail in November 2017 (well after others recieved theirs) and it was too short for my legs. I returned the tail the same week. They offered to refund me or send me a new one, I didn't realize they would make a whole another tail just for me. I was under the impression they had some extras in stock for a future release and would just send one. But it is now December of 2018 and I have not recieved my tail.

During this I've had limited email contact from them, always with me emailing first. I didn't want to be too pushy so I left them alone. In March 2018 they said it would be shipped in April. It did not. In October they said the paint didn't cure properly and they had to do it again.

I bought an oracle from their most recent batch which also, did not fit (the bottom half fit perfectly, the waistband was not stretchy enough to go over my bottom). So I'll be returning that one too.... Should I just give up in them? I mean I'm sure they're trying their best with how small they are and how big of a customer base they have but it's been so long I'm just over it now?

I bought an oracle from their most recent batch which also, did not fit (the bottom half fit perfectly, the waistband was not stretchy enough to go over my bottom).

This happened to me and I took my waistband out and it fit!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaidhunter View Post
    Month 54 has now come and gone and not even a peep.

I last heard from the girls back on June 30th confirming that the paint correction was made based off the picture they had sent on June 20th. On the same June 20th pictures there was a fin added that had not been on my final design even though it was present in the initial layout.
    On the same day (June 30th) I asked if they could take a close up picture of the area that was to be corrected to confirm the touchup and asked if the one fin could be removed at this point since it was not in the final design I had submitted (I also told them it was not big deal if it could not be removed.. I just had concerns of it ripping being where it was positioned)

I never heard back after my request for a close up photo and about the fin.

I wrote again on August 29th and got an auto response that they would be back September 4th.
    I wrote again on September 20th but so far no response........

Am I crazy or is it too much to ask for a picture to confirm a paint touchup??
    Heard anything so far? Have you gotten your tail?

Hey friends I’m pretty new here and this is my first ever post, but I’ve been reading a lot of the threads (especially this one). I had another example to add concerning Finfolk’s wait times. I ordered one of their mystery boxes (The Little Box of Love) on April 13 and have yet to receive a shipping notification email. To my knowledge, some of the boxes are shipped already and some mers currently have theirs. The wait time stated on the website at the time of purchase said 4-6 weeks, which is reasonable to me and I know their products have pretty long wait times in general. But it is now week 11 and I have yet to receive an email. For me, $100 is a lot to spend at one time, and had I known it would be two months before I would get what I ordered, I may have decided not to purchase. Shipping times (in my opinion) are not representative of the quality of their products. However, more accurate shipping times would be appreciated. Especially for those of us who consider $100 to be a LOT of money.

PS- I’m aware of the wedding that happened between my purchase date and now; I still see it as unprofessional to have actual shipping times that are double what the estimate was. Especially considering the wedding was not an unforeseen event.

Thanks for reading!

Quote Originally Posted by audrie_ality View Post
    Hey friends I’m pretty new here and this is my first ever post, but I’ve been reading a lot of the threads (especially this one). I had another example to add concerning Finfolk’s wait times. I ordered one of their mystery boxes (The Little Box of Love) on April 13 and have yet to receive a shipping notification email. To my knowledge, some of the boxes are shipped already and some mers currently have theirs. The wait time stated on the website at the time of purchase said 4-6 weeks, which is reasonable to me and I know their products have pretty long wait times in general. But it is now week 11 and I have yet to receive an email. For me, $100 is a lot to spend at one time, and had I known it would be two months before I would get what I ordered, I may have decided not to purchase. Shipping times (in my opinion) are not representative of the quality of their products. However, more accurate shipping times would be appreciated. Especially for those of us who consider $100 to be a LOT of money.

PS- I’m aware of the wedding that happened between my purchase date and now; I still see it as unprofessional to have actual shipping times that are double what the estimate was. Especially considering the wedding was not an unforeseen event.

Thanks for reading!

They are still a small business and things happen! Along with the little box of love they are also working on getting mythics and stargazers and kelpies our along with some other big projects they have been doing! I ordered a little box of love in the first 5 min after the sale started got my shipping notification on Wednesday and got the box yesterday Saturday! Hey have more than 100 they are cranking out cause they increased the number of boxes able to be purchased! Yeah long wait times suck and they should be more accurate with the wait times but life happens! $100 is a lot for me and I have very little patience but I know the team will ship the products as quick as they can! I also feel the pain as stargazers and kelpies are $400 a piece I ordered both and the time frame says 12-16 weeks and we are now starting week 19! But I know they will ship out as soon as possible! Mythic production I believe has come to a close for all the back ordered mythics so that means everything else should start pumping out quicker now! Don’t be disheartened they are a wonderful company!

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar

Thanks for reading!

I can totally see your view on this. Best you can do is message them. It’s still frustrating the lack of communication that exist within the community that it became a norm. The do eventually send products though. Keep us updated.

Regardless how small or big a business is and their supply and demand, most companies can easily earn repeat customer simply by communicating with their customer.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    I ordered my finfolk fabric tail from their new line 5 weeks ago. I'm a pretty impatient person, but the wait hasn't been that bad. I heard on the finfolk pod squad that the new line of fabric tails is shipping soon, so hopefully not too long now. Patience is key.
    Last edited by The Water Phoenix; 07-01-2019 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Typo
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    They are still a small business and things happen! Along with the little box of love they are also working on getting mythics and stargazers and kelpies our along with some other big projects they have been doing! I ordered a little box of love in the first 5 min after the sale started got my shipping notification on Wednesday and got the box yesterday Saturday! Hey have more than 100 they are cranking out cause they increased the number of boxes able to be purchased! Yeah long wait times suck and they should be more accurate with the wait times but life happens! $100 is a lot for me and I have very little patience but I know the team will ship the products as quick as they can! I also feel the pain as stargazers and kelpies are $400 a piece I ordered both and the time frame says 12-16 weeks and we are now starting week 19! But I know they will ship out as soon as possible! Mythic production I believe has come to a close for all the back ordered mythics so that means everything else should start pumping out quicker now! Don’t be disheartened they are a wonderful company!
    I totally get everything you’re saying. I’ve been following their business since the beginning. I absolutely adore their work and their company.

My reason for posting was just to let others know my experience with their shipping times. The Little Box of Love is not the only example of this. I’m definitely a patient person, but I’m also in college. I move around a lot, and $100 can mean the difference between putting a new tire on my car or not, you know?

I was trying to make a point about how shipping times might be a factor in whether or not someone makes a purchase. And also that it’s important to quote accurate shipping times, or at the very least, when production is weeks behind schedule, to communicate with those who purchased and are patiently waiting.

I totally get everything you’re saying. I’ve been following their business since the beginning. I absolutely adore their work and their company.

My reason for posting was just to let others know my experience with their shipping times. The Little Box of Love is not the only example of this. I’m definitely a patient person, but I’m also in college. I move around a lot, and $100 can mean the difference between putting a new tire on my car or not, you know?

I was trying to make a point about how shipping times might be a factor in whether or not someone makes a purchase. And also that it’s important to quote accurate shipping times, or at the very least, when production is weeks behind schedule, to communicate with those who purchased and are patiently waiting.

I totally agree with this !!! I know right where your at I am a college student and make 7.25 a hour!!! Am trying to work to jobs and keep up with 2 house holds and money is really tight! I got blessed with some extra money from family in order to buy my tops from finfolk and was literally counting the days till a shipping notification watched the minimum projected time roll by and watched the maximum time roll by to so now it’s up in the air! And I just want to know when it will ship! I hope to get them by the time summer is over! So I feel what you mean on the shipping time so hard I really do!

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    I totally agree with this !!! I know right where your at I am a college student and make 7.25 a hour!!! Am trying to work to jobs and keep up with 2 house holds and money is really tight! I got blessed with some extra money from family in order to buy my tops from finfolk and was literally counting the days till a shipping notification watched the minimum projected time roll by and watched the maximum time roll by to so now it’s up in the air! And I just want to know when it will ship! I hope to get them by the time summer is over! So I feel what you mean on the shipping time so hard I really do!

Exactly! If not for my fiancé, I wouldn’t have been able to get the box. He bought it as a wedding present for our wedding in September.

I have to admit I am worried are they falling into a Swimtails like (not exact but like) issue? (getting swamped with orders and not being able to keep up and taking preorders on 2 new type of tails when back orders are not on target for shipping). I also noticed on instagram someone posted that they ordered a mystic in 2018 and still she had not received it and asked about it. The comment was deleted within 4 min.

TWELVE WEEKS LATER on the dot... But it’s finally on its way!!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermoviemedic View Post
    Well I got my shipping email from them and they made a 1000.00 mistake on the tail. They did not combine the order like they ackowledged they would so it has the wrong fluke. �� and it looks like it has no fin either
    You mean it has no monofin IN the tail?

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk