Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Finfolk Productions Wait Time

I just got a reply back from them, They way they do the shipping notification (and the way the bill looks like on that notification) they did combine it but it was not included on the notice (Thank Neptune I had a heart attack). Why they do it that way I have no idea, I am glad they got back to me so quick! I was stressing that it was shipped like that. *whew* But them shipping the tail now, is getting it ahead of promised time not behind! So they must have caught up! (Mystic). Yeaaaaaaaaa!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    just how shopify works

Junior Member Euro Pod JuriRiyu's Avatar
    Hi Everyone ! Do you know how much time does it takes to complete a silicone tail from A to Z ? And how much custom orders since they closed them do you think remain, just to have your thought ? Since i put my deposit back in september 2016 so 3+ years wait time.. I'm not mad, i am just wondering about what is happening

Have a good day everyone !

Quote Originally Posted by Mermoviemedic View Post
    I just got a reply back from them, They way they do the shipping notification (and the way the bill looks like on that notification) they did combine it but it was not included on the notice (Thank Neptune I had a heart attack). Why they do it that way I have no idea, I am glad they got back to me so quick! I was stressing that it was shipped like that. *whew* But them shipping the tail now, is getting it ahead of promised time not behind! So they must have caught up! (Mystic). Yeaaaaaaaaa!
    For us Euries this is actually wonderful. Only the base tail price is on the box, so that saves us a TON in customs costs. I did not have to pay customs for my full fluke, lol.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Meilyn's Avatar
    Follow Meilyn On Twitter Add Meilyn on Facebook
    Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by JuriRiyu View Post
    Hi Everyone ! Do you know how much time does it takes to complete a silicone tail from A to Z ? And how much custom orders since they closed them do you think remain, just to have your thought ? Since i put my deposit back in september 2016 so 3+ years wait time.. I'm not mad, i am just wondering about what is happening

Haven't been back in forever but I'm kind of in the same boat with getting a response from years ago. However when I did get my tail done many years ago, from when they started it to when they finished it took about 1.5-2 weeks from actually starting it to having it done.

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Quote Originally Posted by JuriRiyu View Post

It varies from person to person and how the weather affects them. I know they had a too hot summer which delayed all silicone stuff. I remember them mentioning like 30+ tails left but who knows the exact number but them. And I have the same wait slot too Sept 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Meilyn View Post
    Haven't been back in forever but I'm kind of in the same boat with getting a response from years ago. However when I did get my tail done many years ago, from when they started it to when they finished it took about 1.5-2 weeks from actually starting it to having it done.
    Yeah depending on how ready you are with your tail design, it's a relatively fast process. They've stated them can crank out a tail in a week but thats with full artistic control. When you have to bounce off ideas, color schemes and looks for someone else, especially for someone else who changes their mind a lot -that'll add to the process. Plus some people go into it, not knowing what they want.

Least you got yours nice and fast. Which one is yours?

So tailmakers are still dealing with curing issues due to the weather? I thought the big silicone tailmakers now have their own studios that are temperature/humidity controlled?
    Here at my job we have certain printing processes we do that couldn't be done unless our workshop was temperature and humidity controlled. We even have special de-humidifying 'closets' my boss made so that we can dry the screens we need for t-shirt printing.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Did you ever get your tail, MermaidHunter? I just read through this entire thread and wondered how it all turned out.