Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Finfolk Productions Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lorelei View Post
    Mermaidhunter- I got it! I plan to take it swimming this weekend hopefully!
    Do we get pictures??
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

If I have someone to take photos while I'm swimming, then yes!
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    Mernetwork Moderator

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Mermaidhunter- I got it! I plan to take it swimming this weekend hopefully!
    praise posidon! lol

If I have someone to take photos while I'm swimming, then yes!
    I'd volunteer but I don't have a telephoto lens that will see that far, lol.

Haha, you're all adorable.
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    Mernetwork Moderator

Member Chesapeake Pod Tom Cardwell's Avatar
    For those using basecamp, are any of your 'FinFolk to do' checklist been checked off? I've been told there has been progress but nothing has been checked. For those who have had completed tails with basecamp, what was your experience?

Ladies & Gentlemen!
    Boys & Girls!
    Mermaids & Mermales!

I give you........

the 28th month!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaidhunter View Post
    Ladies & Gentlemen!
    Boys & Girls!
    Mermaids & Mermales!

I give you........

the 28th month!!
    Any updates at least?

Senior Member Pod of the Midwest Mermaid Marius's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Marius On Twitter
    Follow Mermaid Marius on Tumblr
    I'm not trying to say that this wait is in any way your fault, Mermaid Hunter, but I've spoken to Abby and Bryn about their wait times and the way they put it is "There's always a reason why someone's tail takes as long as it does."
    I highly doubt they've forgotten about you or intentionally put you on a backburner because they think they can get away with it. They have a lot of clients, both average people and big businesses. One of the biggest reasons why you're probably getting pushed back is because they have some clients that order many tails and put rush fees on all of them, like Wands and Wishes or the Arizona Festival. But even clients aside they've just been going through a lot. They had to move. They're working on sculpting an actual Calypso fluke because as it currently is, they don't have a mold for it. They just pour the Loreena fluke then have to cut and caste away to make it a Calypso. And they also lead personal lives. They just spent time living in Hawaii, and now they're in NC, but most their family and loved ones live in Minnesota.
    I'm honestly so sorry that you've been waiting this long and so are they, but once when I was talking with them they said something that made me smile which is their wait times are long and they honestly wish that people didn't have to wait so long to receive their dream tails. But with every day their skills and techniques are getting so much better. Even though the wait sucks, the tail you'll be getting now will be infinitely better than it could have been had they sent it two years ago.
    It'll be worth it. Keep your chin up and stay gold, Ponyboy.

Marius Levee's Shell Phone

Oh dear...
    Claudia of the Sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Marius View Post
    I'm not trying to say that this wait is in any way your fault, Mermaid Hunter, but I've spoken to Abby and Bryn about their wait times and the way they put it is "There's always a reason why someone's tail takes as long as it does."
    I highly doubt they've forgotten about you or intentionally put you on a backburner because they think they can get away with it. They have a lot of clients, both average people and big businesses. One of the biggest reasons why you're probably getting pushed back is because they have some clients that order many tails and put rush fees on all of them, like Wands and Wishes or the Arizona Festival. But even clients aside they've just been going through a lot. They had to move. They're working on sculpting an actual Calypso fluke because as it currently is, they don't have a mold for it. They just pour the Loreena fluke then have to cut and caste away to make it a Calypso. And they also lead personal lives. They just spent time living in Hawaii, and now they're in NC, but most their family and loved ones live in Minnesota.
    I'm honestly so sorry that you've been waiting this long and so are they, but once when I was talking with them they said something that made me smile which is their wait times are long and they honestly wish that people didn't have to wait so long to receive their dream tails. But with every day their skills and techniques are getting so much better. Even though the wait sucks, the tail you'll be getting now will be infinitely better than it could have been had they sent it two years ago.
    It'll be worth it. Keep your chin up and stay gold, Ponyboy.

Marius Levee's Shell Phone
    Well then I guess what needs to be asked then is this: Is there anyone else that ordered their tail in March 2014 or before and is still waiting?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!! LOL
    Another year older and another month added (29)

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    Do you have any contact with them? Have they provided you with updates?
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin

I got an email 2 weeks ago from them telling me that they are redoing some of my silicone pieces and that they should be painting very soon and have updates........

Milestone reached: 30 months (2.5 years)

Member Chesapeake Pod Tom Cardwell's Avatar
    I picked up mine last week.
    Checking in with them at least once a week seemed reasonable.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I had asked them about yours just the other day when I checked in and they said they were working away on it, it was literally on their table when I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cardwell View Post
    I picked up mine last week.
    Checking in with them at least once a week seemed reasonable.
    Well Tom, I see yours took only 1 year, 7 months when you placed your deposit in February 2015.
    Mine was March 2014 2 years, 6 months

At one point i was sending emails once week for 4 weeks straight before a reply......