Hey guyys! I just had a meeting with the head of marketing from the sandcastle waterpark about hiring the pool for september for the meet! WE ARE A GO!!!

For those who haven't heard about the event, check out the fb event page I have linked below, you'll find all the info on there, and feel free to ask any questions here too!

But the general idea/plan is:

Friday 11th:
10.00am - 5pm: Day on Blackpool Pleasure Beach themepark, including quick optional photo op at their dancing fountains display.
-Break to go out for a meal, watch movies, get changed etc-
8pm - 10pm: Swim and photo/video session at Sandcastle Waterpark

Saturday 12th:
10am(ish): Trip to Blackpool Sealife Centre.
12noon: Blackpool comic con for those who don't have to run to catch trains etc.

we do have the choice to hire the pool for the friday night 8-10pm after our day on the pleasure beach themepark,
or on the thursday night instead, for a few hours starting at 4.30pm as they close a bit earlier on the thursday.
(I'm covering hire fees for this year, but if people want to possibly swim both evenings, i'd have to ask for people to at least chip in like £10 to cover the hire fees for the extra evening, and I'd have to check with the waterpark but I couldn't see it being an issue to use it both nights)

If you're interested in coming, please rsvp on the event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1618537451738623/ and please get sharing the event and invite any mers you may know!

And they're super excited about the idea of it becoming a much larger annual event