Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aspiring mermaid Questions

Senior Member Pod of Texas MermaidSaku's Avatar

Aspiring mermaid Questions

I have so many it's crazy lol.

When it come to thinking about things i would like to do when i get my first mermaid tail. I would really love to work and swim in an aquarium with my tail. I always wanted to be in a large aquarium but i don't know how to go about doing such things. lol
    In live in Houston but there is a Sea world in San Antonio that is always hiring underwater performers. So the only place in Houston i can see myself working as a mermaid is the city aquarium downtown. I don't think they have any underwater performers there..and i am not sure what they would ask me to have on my resume if i try to get a job there as a mermaid. I also wanted to use my mermaid powers to Encourage Dreams, Imagination, Inspiration and Motivation to all ages.
    So to those who are working as mermaids i have these questions.

Where did you start?
    How did you go about advertising yourself as a mermaid?
    Where you asked to have any degrees or certificates?
    If or when businesses call you to preform what do they ask you?
    Do you always need someone to carry you while your in your tail? Or do you have another way of getting where you need to be?
    Have you ever been in your tail or in the water before guests arrive to be entertained?

I hope it's not to much to answer x.x
    I haven't been too sure about the questions i wanted to ask until now. Answer as best you can please.. I know the way i asked was a bit weird i guess. lol

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    I to would like to know this information. Does anyone have any comments???
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

I'm just figuring it out as I go ^____^

I don't know if these would help at all.

[Thread 1]
    [Thread 2]

Where did you start?
    I was very fortunate to of been taken under the fin of Alasea as a subcontractor. So far it is through her that I have book all of my jobs, I am in the process of trying to launch myself and be able to get jobs on my own and be a fully responsible professional.

How did you go about advertising yourself as a mermaid?
    As of right now facebook, word of mouth, business cards. I've heard online booking sites are good and I've been looking into a few different ones though I have yet to hook anything from that fish pond ^_^

Where you asked to have any degrees or certificates?
    Personally no, right now the only thing I have are years of experience swimming as my AED/CPR/First Aid certifications have expired.

If or when businesses call you to preform what do they ask you?
    I personally have yet to communicate with them directly.

Do you always need someone to carry you while your in your tail? Or do you have another way of getting where you need to be?
    I've seen other ways to get around but right now it's skootch like a crab on my but or be carried.

Have you ever been in your tail or in the water before guests arrive to be entertained?
    The events I have attended the pool was shut down a half hour before the event so the staff could get everything set up which also allowed me the luxury of changing pool side.

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.