Oh my gosh! Today I had THE best time ever at the swimming pool! I actually went to the gym pool and was in one of the lap lanes trying out my new tail. So basically, I purchased the tail skin first and then two different types of monofins… Here’s the tail skin and a closer look at the fabric, and mind you, there’s no monofin inside the picture of the skin here… So this isn’t quite what it looks like underwater or anything…

Name:  tumblr_inline_nts4l3Sdt41tv2yh3_540.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  35.9 KB

Name:  tumblr_inline_nts4lg8tot1tv2yh3_540.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  45.0 KB
This has always been the tail color of my dreams and in fact, the first tail I purchased ended up being a let-down because I mean to order this fabric color but accidentally ordered another type. Also my other tail is covered in draping fabric that’s supposed to flow in the water and look like a beta or angel fish, but I honestly hate the drapey stuff and wanted a more fitted tail.
Anyway, the skin has been here for about a week and today the new monofins arrived that I wanted to try! I bought an Aquarius Monofin by Finis in blue and a Finis Wave Monofin that’s cut to form a tail shape.

Name:  tumblr_inline_nts4qeYrlR1tv2yh3_540.png
Views: 451
Size:  181.3 KB

Name:  tumblr_inline_nts4rtGb4M1tv2yh3_540.png
Views: 779
Size:  309.2 KB

The experience was incredible! Prior to these two monofins, I owned only a standard Finis Rapid Wave Monofin, which is rounded, and oh my gosh, what a difference it made to be using a tail that’s shaped more like a real dolphin/mermaid fluke! I can go SO much faster and now I think I understand why manatees and beavers aren’t the fastest underwater mammals… Propelling yourself with that much resistance is incredibly tiring! I can also make almost the full length of the pool now whereas I could barely make half of the way before! It’s cause of the shape!

Both of those fins are spectacular and I don’t need to sew them in at all. By this, I’m referring to the fact that I had planned to sew the bottom shut on my skin so that one or the other of these monofins was permanently inside. Instead though, the tail fits the fin so well that you can’t see the monofin inside it at all all and yet at the same time, there’s none of that draping, extra flowey fabric I don’t like either. So I can literally choose whether I want to use one or the other.

The blue one has a bit of a wideness where my feet go though, and it can loosen a little, so I may just wear a pair of surf booties underneath with that monofin to make it fit more snugly. It actually has a bad reputation though as a fin that’s cheaply made and that is well known for the strap around the back breaking. I’m not sure how true this is vs. people not caring for their monofins properly, but I hope it lasts awhile because I love the cut. It really looks so awesome underneath that fabric! I’m sure you can buy replacement straps though from Finis for when they do break, and possibly I could even get one that’s significantly stronger and more along the lines and durability of the Finis Wave monofin.

As for the Finis Wave fin that’s been cut into the fluke shape, I love it so much more than my standard Finis Wave monofin that looks more like a rounded manatee tail. It flows through the water with such better ease and the entire design is just better. And of course the quality is to a professional standard. The only thing I like about the other monofin which makes me favor it a little more is the cut of fin/the shape, and that it’s a little easier to propel in the water and doesn’t take quite as much energy to propel yourself with. Also, having this new tail with less fabric and the two new fins that are quite a bit smaller and of a more flowing cut, I don’t have to breathe out as hard to be able to get down underwater sufficiently. My uncut Finis Wave monofin is very buoyant and staying under the water in it is difficult.

Overall, this is absolutely spectacular and I love it! It’s the tail of my dreams! And then I got two offers! The gym wants to hire me for kid’s birthday parties, and an underwater videographer wants to film me for free So I will eventually have some YouTubes soon of me swimming in my tail and I absolutely can’t wait so that you all can see more about who Miss Mermaid Sirene is what my tail is like and what it’s like when I swim in it!

I will try to post a tail pics later of me wearing both the tail skin an one of the monofins later if I can find someone to take some out of water photos for me. And by the way, if you’re not familiar with monofins, you’re looking at photo of two complete products, i.e. both feet go in each one - those aren’t for one foot in each, and hence therefore, you can’t wear both at the same time either