Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tail man will FIX YOUR TAILS

We'd have to meet in like, Omaha.

Granted Omaha is supposed to be pretty nice.

As much as Shell and I would love to listen to this little harpy carry on all day (it's really funny), we have to get back to the lab and work on some tails. You know, tails that are actually sized right and made according to the customer's wishes. Crazy as it seems, we actually believe in getting it right the first time.

BOTH OF YOU ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Chris and Matty, you hate each other. We understand this, I don't give a whales tail that you two hate each other. What I do care about is that you are both taking your personal drama and making it public in a very unprofessional and immature manor. I am sick of the name calling and I am sick of the put downs. I am not the only one who is tired of watching a couple of grown men act like a couple of pubescent teenagers.

Chris you say Matty should be banned because of everything he says and so on and so forth, well honestly lately the only times you have been posting are in regards to Mertailor and causing the majority of the drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris@mermaidshelly.com View Post
    Cue his sock puppet coming on here any second now to defend him, three....two.....
    Really? If that's not looking for drama and calling out public then frankly I don't know what is. Right now you are acting no better then the man you claim to hate and frankly with these posts you aren't making friends either. You are a tail maker as well and everything you say and do will be reflected onto your products, that's the way the world works. Thats how it works for Mertailor and that's how it works for you. Look back at your posts and can you honestly say you want those to be the image people are left with for you and your tails?

The fact that you also do not even want to attempt to do any of this out of the public eye leads me to feel you want this to be a public battle so everyone can take your side and you can say look at what a "little poser boy" he is. If you did all of this privately which is where this belongs I wouldn't give a single damn. But you insist on having this be public which is immature.

Also dragging someones personal life into a situation and their relationships is bottom of the barrel, this goes for you as well Matty.
    Quote Originally Posted by MermanMatty View Post
    And I feel sorry for Shelly having to deal with you. It must take ENORMOUS amounts of patience to deal with you! So much anger in such a little man! It's crazy!

But have fun. And so what if I just became a merman, Shelly just became a tail maker, that doesn't make her a professional.

Dragging Chis's and Shelly's relationship into this also low and pointless, also attacking Shelly's professionalism only helps negate any credibility your words have. You say you are apart of the community yet the only times you ever post is when it's in regards to Mertailor, why don't you post on the other forums and topics. You say you don't feel apart of this community well it doesn't look like you've tried to be apart of it either.

From where I'm standing either the both of you need to resolve this, move this to private message, OR BOTH GET BANNED. Because right now the only ones causing all this huge drama are you two. Sure someone else mentioned what Mertailor posted but the two of you have taken this to a whole other level.

I am sick and tired of both of you and your stupid, immature war.

Both of you grow up!

I would say I'm sorry if you don't like this, but I'm not. I'm also certain that I'm going to catch hell for this but frankly at this point I don't give a damn.

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

I think we're done here. The both of us. Too much drama, way too much distraction from our work. I don't come here to fight, but it always turns out that way.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Eric sent me an email, he recognizes this was a bad move so he deleted the post. The email was very polite and respectful.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I think I've decided what will solve the mer-worlds problems or at least put the right foot in. Obviously, we all need to go to a bar together, eat, drink, and be merry.
    Come, gentlemen, I hope we shall drink down all unkindness.
    William Shakespeare

I'll be waiting here for the rest of ya' http://divebarsacramento.com/

Eric sent me an email, he recognizes this was a bad move so he deleted the post. The email was very polite and respectful.
    I guess that's something. The vast overwhelming majority of his Facebook fans aren't here, so by passing it off as an accident they'll be none the wiser.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Sirenade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcaMatt View Post
    Attachment 1471

The Mertailor Eric Ducharme, ladies and gentlemen! Calling out the granddaddy of them all.

Hahaha, of course he deleted his post (but at least he regretted it)! He is making fun of tails made of urethane, and now planning on making tails out of urethane? How... interesting. I wish him luck with that process. :/

"Considering discontinuing latex line" is interesting when he never used latex in the first place (caulking on fabric covered foam).

Calling them "sleeping bags?" Yeah, only when someone is wearing them who they weren't made for (i.e. generic sizes for rentals). When it is customized, the tails (both ACTUAL molded latex for "dry tails" and molded urethane for "wet tails") are beautiful works of art that need minimal photo-shopping. The qualities of the materials alone are what make the prices higher, but will ensure your tail won't disintegrate. I have also seen beautiful customized paint jobs on tails.

@Chris and @Matty: Stop it. Quit it. Alto. Knock it off. Your Ad-hominem attacks are a waste of space on these forums and bring an unparalled level of unprofessionalism to the mermaid community.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Shelly View Post
    Urethane are what Thom's tails are made out of... so looks like someone is going to try and rip off his technique. Nice. And professional too! And from my experience working in extrusion labs in the medical device industry, he better get a chemical engineering degree because its not easy to work with Good luck!

Thom learned this technique while making prostheses while working in the medical industry. He is definitely qualified to use urethane. Working with caulking from home depot on the other hand would not be enough experience.

There was a whole older interview where Eric explained he used to talk to Thom and learn about making tails. Mika cited it in one of the older threads. I remember reading it, but the link was taken down.

I think this is silly for two tail makers to fight back and forth like this. NO OTHER TAIL MAKERS have public issues. Mike, Mermagica, Aquatails, Mermaid creations, Shell Labs, Dr Seaweed, The German Tail Makers, and the list goes on and on and on. Can't we just start working together to make the community a better place instead of always being at each other's throats?
    If you could ever find that interview, I would love to read it! I tried finding the thread awhile ago, but it was already gone.

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel
    Holy Crap! I am glad I missed all of this! Raina, I am with you for a Drinks and Dinner meet up... or a ropes course or Mud Run, that brings people together.

I looked at urethane and it is super expensive and not meant for home use. I wouldn't be willing to work with the stuff with out a chemistry degree and maybe some has-mat training LOL

Good on Thom for helping and offering to fix others tails. It is a good business move and makes him look great! I have a friend that has already dropped off her tail with him for repairs. I can't wait to see how it comes out!

Follow me on facebook!

Mermaid:
    Mermaid Star

Troup:
    Sea Star Studios

Performer:
    Alexie Star

Closing this thread until I can contact Malinghi and discuss. I don't even know what to say right now. Really disappointed in you guys- Chris and Matt I'll be limiting your posting access to outside of review and commercial tails categories, since those topics are the ones that always end in a fire fight. I think it's clear this is both of your hot button topics. Seeing as people are leaving and saying they don't even want to post on here any more because of drama, limiting accounts for now is more than fair.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr