Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tail man will FIX YOUR TAILS

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Tail man will FIX YOUR TAILS

Quote:
    NOTE FROM THE TAIL MAN: Do you have "Tail Regret"? Did you purchase a lesser quality Tail? Not so happy with the final results? Do you need a REPAIR, REPAINT or RE-SIZE?----You need to contact yours truly. Just send me a photo of your Tail with a description of the problem. We will send you an estimate for repairs. Prices start at $200. E-MAIL TO: TAILMAN01@EARTHLINK.NET.----Thom "The Tail Man" also sells realistic, custom "Dry" and "Wet" Tails for recreational use.----DON'T BELIEVE THE RUMORS--our prices start at $2,500. for "Dry Tails". Best of all - we SERVICE ALL OUR TAILS!----TO GET THE BEST, BUY FROM THE BEST!----REAL MERMAIDS BUY REALISTIC TAILS FROM "THE TAIL MAN"! -----Please Re-post! Spread the Word!-----
    Raven did an excellent job fixing my orange tail up for me, but wow I feel like it needs another lift! But here's an option for anyone who bought a tail that doesn't fit or has issues, Thom can fit it for you. Also 2500 for a dry costumed tail (high quality) is pretty good considering it be from the master!

Definitely good information to have on the site. :3
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    Mernetwork Moderator

New status from today. Looks like he's been getting some tails made with ALEX!.... Just goes to show you we aren't crazy and professional tail makers have used the stuff in the past, even if they aren't using it now!

Tail Man Status
    "ATTENTION MERFOLK-----I have had a positive response to my offer to fix "any and all Tails (not my own) needing repairs.-----The Tails I have received are suffering from the same problem. The Tail base is fabric backed foam (NOT neoprene) covered with a layer of acrylic latex caulking. NOTE: The acrylic latex caulking is NOT a true silicone--it is a water based caulking that costs approximately $3.00 per tube. In addition, the caulking is painted with water based acrylic paints. FYI--true silicone CANNOT be painted with acrylic paints.-----These Tails may be fine for dry land, but DO NOT be fooled--they WILL NOT hold up in water. There is no way for the water to drain out, not to mention--the fabric and caulking breaks down quickly. In addition, if the Tail is not dried properly after each use, there is a danger of mold.-----Be careful of these "Off the Rack" type Tails! They are NOT made for swimming. DON'T throw away your money on a temporary Tail---INVEST in a QUALITY Tail Man "Wet Tail" that will LAST for DECADES!-----My "Wet Tails" are custom made just for you! We provide free maintenance and repainting for the first year of your Tail ownership.-----FACT--Our "Wet Tails" were valued at $10,000 in the 2003 Neiman Marcus catalog. Currently, a custom made "Wet Tail" can be purchased for $4,000---Now that's FINTASTIC for this economy!-----REAL MERMAIDS/MERMEN BUY REALISTIC TAILS FROM THOM THE TAIL MAN!-----Please Repost-Spread the Word!"

I was just about to do this. That was indeed the issue with my tails

That is wonderful of him! If I can't get ahold of Mike (or if he's to busy) I might ask Thom to make a couple tweaks to my tail. NOTE: I bought it used so it's not an issue of quality just not built for me ^_^ By the way where did you guys see this? [link?]

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

Ushering in a new era of professionalism

Name:  Mertailor Oops 3a.jpg
Views: 2124
Size:  43.6 KB

The Mertailor Eric Ducharme, ladies and gentlemen! Calling out the granddaddy of them all.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    Is he asking for a fight? Sheesh :/

My thoughts exactly. Why use such a tone if you aren't looking for a fight?
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    Mernetwork Moderator

Well, that's it, the deal is off from where I said I would back off attacking Eric. I said as long as he doesnt attack ANY tail maker I would keep my powder dry. I knew he couldn't do it though. His narcissistic personality disorder just won't let him. What a completely awful piece of shit he is.

Cue his sock puppet coming on here any second now to defend him, three....two.....

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    I found Thom's status had a bit of a tone to it as well but still...

Also what is he talking about- Urethane tails?

Well hold on it could be hard trying to adjust to being pleasant, I would say give him 24 hours to remove it to show that he is trying to change his impulse's. Other wise, I guess have at it. Just a thought ^_^

What is Urethane?

Thom posted on his personal page not a public fan page. Also, Thom has been fixing tails and he's explaining now why people are having so many of the same issues. I mean, we knew this is true with my tail. It's not neoprene, and it's not real latex. Though, this is the SECOND time Eric's posted about sleeping bag tails. Before came before thoms post. I had mentioned this in the dramatic post about not doing that.

I personally am not huge on the baggy looks of the tails, but they are rental ones not customed made, and not bought. Everyone knows Thom is the inventor of commercial tails. People made them before him, but not commercially.

Urethane are what Thom's tails are made out of... so looks like someone is going to try and rip off his technique. Nice. And professional too! And from my experience working in extrusion labs in the medical device industry, he better get a chemical engineering degree because its not easy to work with Good luck!
    Last edited by Mermaid Shelly; 01-23-2012 at 04:06 PM.
    Mermaid Shelly
    www.mermaidshelly.com

You mean give him yet ANOTHER chance? Sorry, not me.

Where's the sock puppet? "Now, I am unbiased and not defending Eric in any way, but....."

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MermanMatty's Avatar
    "ATTENTION MERFOLK-----I have had a positive response to my offer to fix "any and all Tails (not my own) needing repairs.-----The Tails I have received are suffering from the same problem. The Tail base is fabric backed foam (NOT neoprene) covered with a layer of acrylic latex caulking. NOTE: The acrylic latex caulking is NOT a true silicone--it is a water based caulking that costs approximately $3.00 per tube. In addition, the caulking is painted with water based acrylic paints. FYI--true silicone CANNOT be painted with acrylic paints.-----These Tails may be fine for dry land, but DO NOT be fooled--they WILL NOT hold up in water. There is no way for the water to drain out, not to mention--the fabric and caulking breaks down quickly. In addition, if the Tail is not dried properly after each use, there is a danger of mold.-----Be careful of these "Off the Rack" type Tails! They are NOT made for swimming. DON'T throw away your money on a temporary Tail---INVEST in a QUALITY Tail Man "Wet Tail" that will LAST for DECADES!-----My "Wet Tails" are custom made just for you! We provide free maintenance and repainting for the first year of your Tail ownership.-----FACT--Our "Wet Tails" were valued at $10,000 in the 2003 Neiman Marcus catalog. Currently, a custom made "Wet Tail" can be purchased for $4,000---Now that's FINTASTIC for this economy!-----REAL MERMAIDS/MERMEN BUY REALISTIC TAILS FROM THOM THE TAIL MAN!-----Please Repost-Spread the Word!"

Thom is digging at others just as bad, if Thom isn't ready to take the crap he throws out he shouldn't open his mouth about other tail makers. That entire statement was about Mike Van Daal, Eric and every other tail maker out there. And Thom is not the granddaddy of them all, he was apart of a TEAM that created the splash tail, he did not do it by himself. A TEAM! (Information from a source that was ON THAT TEAM OF CREATORS!) I know one of the members on the team and have worked with him.

Before he decides to "fix" other peoples tails he needs to fix his own first. The pedestal everyone puts him on is just ridiculous! I have no problem saying whose tails I like and dislike! I LOVE Eric's and Mike's tails! They are both GORGEOUS! Other than them I have not seen a tail maker I have liked! Thom's tails are loose and have a mono tone and mediocre paint job to them. They have no personality, over priced (you shouldn't pay more for less), and they just don't look that good to me. The best ones are always photoshopped, with any company, no exceptions! Behind the scene photos of Charmed show the truth, the tail is gorgeous in the commercials, but behind the scenes, it's nothing special.

I'm being disrespectful of Thom I am just stating my opinion, which is what this forum is for.

-Merman Matty

P.s. And Chris I hope we never meet in person because you have another thing coming. That's not a physical threat, but I will give you a piece of my mind and trust me when i say this, you won't like it. So don't "Let your powder dry" and just for an FYI for moderators and such, Chris said himself that he was "attacking" Eric so something needs to be done about that. Thank you.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MermanMatty's Avatar
    P.s. if there is a problem with Eric they should call him and ask him to fix it, and not spend more money when it isn't necessary.

Right on cue. Lol.

I don't think Mike Van Daal ever used acrylic caulk, I don't know of any other tailmakers that do.... And I don't think Thom was digging. He was letting people know that there are tailmakers out there that use things not suitable for water, while advertising his product in place for those kinds of tails. The only reason to take offense is if you are one of the people using that crap!

And don't even get me started on photoshop, matty. My tail (and a lot of others that I have seen in person) looks nothing like what was advertised on his website.

Shelly is it really that chemically dangerous/difficult to work with :O

And don't even get me started on photoshop, matty. My tail (and a lot of others that I have seen in person) looks nothing like what was advertised on his website.
    Yeah, there was an orange tail I was looking at for when I first ordered mine. It was actually melissa's pink tail photoshopped

Shelly is it really that chemically dangerous/difficult to work with :O

It totally is! :|

In regards to thom's posts, he doesn't single out any one tail maker, but he points out that the tails people have sent him to fix find their main issue is they're not made of neoprene. Mine sure as heck isnt. Neither was Marlas.

PS PEOPLE ARE ALL TRYING TO SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES AND I CANT GET ANY OF THEM BECAUSE MY INBOX IS FULL APPARENTLY EVEN THOUGH IT'S EMPTY

Um, yeah. "Matty".

Listen up little poser boy. The vast majority of folks here, going back to the Yuku days, do not want you here. We all know that if not acting as Eric's sock puppet, you are likely taking dictation from him, hence why no one takes you seriously. I could care less what piece of your shrill little mind you want to give me. Step up to me and open your mouth, and you will find a fist in it. As I said before, you are virtually nobody in this community. Just because you blow Eric does not make you a merman.

See, I could care less if I get banned from here for whatever. I have many, many friends in this community that extends FAR beyond this forum. However, if Iona and Malinghi want peace here, they really should be banning YOU. Eric is banned, and all you are is his mouthpiece anyway. Just a boy toy without an original thought or opinion of his own. What do you add to the community? Absolutely nothing. As a matter of fact, I personally no longer enjoy the forum much BECAUSE of your presence here.

And I am very glad to hear you are not threatening me physically, because it would be a big mistake on your part. You have no idea who I am....where I have been....or what I am capable of.

Added: I deleted your private message to me unread because it does not matter. My inbox, and indeed using my name, is for FRIENDS, most decidedly of which you are NOT.