Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tail man will FIX YOUR TAILS

Quote Originally Posted by MermanMatty View Post
    And Thom is not the granddaddy of them all, he was apart of a TEAM that created the splash tail, he did not do it by himself. A TEAM! (Information from a source that was ON THAT TEAM OF CREATORS!) I know one of the members on the team and have worked with him.
    Maybe a difference of opinions but I think in terms of commercial, retail tail-making, the label is valid.

Can you seriously tell me Eric didn't draw any inspiration from Thom in his early career? If only in terms of what was possible?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Can you seriously tell me Eric didn't draw any inspiration from Thom in his early career? If only in terms of what was possible?
    There was a whole older interview where Eric explained he used to talk to Thom and learn about making tails. Mika cited it in one of the older threads. I remember reading it, but the link was taken down.

I think this is silly for two tail makers to fight back and forth like this. NO OTHER TAIL MAKERS have public issues. Mike, Mermagica, Aquatails, Mermaid creations, Shell Labs, Dr Seaweed, The German Tail Makers, and the list goes on and on and on. Can't we just start working together to make the community a better place instead of always being at each other's throats?

The community will only be a better place when Eric and his stooges are OUT of it.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MermanMatty's Avatar
    Actually Matt Eric worked at weeki wachee, that's what inspired him, not Thom. Weeki is the real origin of mermaids for him. Mermaids since 1946

And Chris you pulled the gay card, congratulations Now you've upgraded yourself to a biggot! And FYI Eric's penis has nothing to do with anything we are discussing, your fantasies are none of my business, I'm gay too I have no place to judge. Little man syndrome... it seems to be happening more and more these days... I'm sorry Chris I'll be the bigger man and wave my white flag. Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Sirena View Post
    Shelly is it really that chemically dangerous/difficult to work with :O
    Oh yes, even for an easy cast mold there is lots to mix and balances to get right. And adding pigments would only make it more difficult. Thom's tails are a feat of engineering and he should be praised for it. I would never dare to attempt such a process because you would need to mold each person and the equipment alone would get very, very expensive. Thus, the price, but well worth it if that is what you are looking for. They are pretty indestructible! http://www.ehow.com/how_7379187_diy-...e-casting.html
    Mermaid Shelly
    www.mermaidshelly.com

I mentioned a fact; how does that make me a bigot? (by the way, it's spelled with one g).

Sorry buddy, you're way off base here. I could care less about anyone's gender and have a good number of gay friends. Just stating a fact; you sleep with a tailmaker, and voila you're a merman all of a sudden. Of course. Just like an actress on the casting couch.

annnnd things just went to a whole notha level...

this is basically what I keep saying through this whole thread

Wow... No wonder they cost so much. I would be petrified the whole time while trying to make a tail that I was gonna screw up or inhale something awful or all sorts or things I can't image because I don't understand that stuff.

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

Iona or Malinghi: It's time to ban this asshole. Want to ban me too? Go ahead, I am willing to take that hit as long as you flush this turd and try and restore some integrity to these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post

I think this is silly for two tail makers to fight back and forth like this. NO OTHER TAIL MAKERS have public issues. Mike, Mermagica, Aquatails, Mermaid creations, Shell Labs, Dr Seaweed, The German Tail Makers, and the list goes on and on and on. Can't we just start working together to make the community a better place instead of always being at each other's throats?
    Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD! Seriously.

Actually since I was a kid I played mermaid with my sisters and you know nothing about me, OH and I'm sorry I hit the "g" button one more time than I meant to. You're just a pig and a low class citizen. And I feel sorry for Shelly having to deal with you. It must take ENORMOUS amounts of patience to deal with you! So much anger in such a little man! It's crazy!

But have fun. And so what if I just became a merman, Shelly just became a tail maker, that doesn't make her a professional.

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD! Seriously.
    I just dont understand, everyone else gets along fine.

wow. Okay TIME OUT. Stop dragging people into this! Shelly has said NOTHING but kind things in this thread.

Awww, how cute. Well good for you little fella!

Maybe she isn't a "professional" in your book, but she is something Eric is not; liked and respected by the community. And that's good enough for us.

TIME FOR ANOTHER HILARIOUS DISTRACTION... instead of flaming, LETS WATCH THIS INSTEAD

Everyone else doesn't bring up my personal life. He's inappropriate, rude, and just disgusting. I came back and have not had issues until he opens his mouth and attacks me and Eric (as a person not a tail maker). He needs to grow up, I am perfectly willing and able to get along with everyone here he just never has respect for me since he hates Eric.

His problem not mine.

I am personally excited for the Mer Meeting soon

I don't get him.

Quote Originally Posted by MermanMatty View Post
    And so what if I just became a merman, Shelly just became a tail maker, that doesn't make her a professional.
    Not going there with you son. I don't exist in your world, and you don't in mine. Have fun fighting with Chris though if you like; he's game.
    Mermaid Shelly
    www.mermaidshelly.com

Bark, bark, bark. Gonna bark all day little doggie?

Yow...ok, time out! Getting a big heavy here.

I think I've decided what will solve the mer-worlds problems or at least put the right foot in. Obviously, we all need to go to a bar together, eat, drink, and be merry.
    Come, gentlemen, I hope we shall drink down all unkindness.
    William Shakespeare