Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions on my Mertailor tail?

I would be very professional but direct with him. Send many pictures and video. I am pretty certain he can fix it, and if not then he needs to make you one that fits and that works correctly. That fluke seems ridiculous! I would not threaten him but make sure he knows that you saved for a long time and that you TRUSTED him to do right by you. So what if he is sick of you "bothering" him. You paid a lot of money for a product, the least he can do is make sure you are satisfied with that product.
    Mermaid Aine ​(pronounced Anya)
    of The Mermaids of the Great Salt Lake
    And you sang "Sail to me, Sail to me, Let me enfold you, Here I am, Here I am
    Waiting to hold you"
    Song to the Siren-Jeff Buckley
    https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thismemaidsjourney
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAine
    http://mermaidsofgsl.wixsite.com/mermaids
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidaine

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I think there is a very short monofin in there. I've never seen a mertailor flop like that and it seems to me that they either were short on materials or screwed up. And just left it short, it looks unsafe to me. I've worked with polycarbonate and that's not what it should look like. There really isn't any excuse unless you requested a floppy fluke and I doubt you did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I said he is updating his site 2016. Also the new monofin detail in email from him... Name:  11940208_847055998742136_428107784_n.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  82.7 KBName:  11921959_847055995408803_1028443712_n.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  79.3 KB

Hes being very informinitive with me through email, he said hes gonna check my measurements for me again and that I should come visit.

If I were you, I'd try to find other mers who have bought tails from him in the last 6 months, and see how your fin compares to theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by stellar lee View Post
    If I were you, I'd try to find other mers who have bought tails from him in the last 6 months, and see how your fin compares to theirs.
    If she does that, she can find them in the "positive" reviews on his website.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I got my tail from Mertailor and it doesn't fit. The hip part is on my thigh and it barely even covers my bum when it should be over my belly button. I remeasured everything on myself and on my tail and its all the same as the measurments I sent him. After emailing with him he keeps telling me its not pulled up all the way when there is no way it can go up any further and even when I put it on in the water it sits this low. Also my fluke is floppy. Its like theres no monofin in it. Ive looked up tails like mine and everyones sticks up. Mine just hangs. Here are some pictures. Does anyone know what to do or did anyone have the same issues?
    Sorry I know this thread is super busy right now but here's my contribution:

1. to know whether your measurements are correct or not, I'd simply go back through your emails and find the measurements you provided him with. Take a screen shot of the whole thing. Then take photos measuring your tail. If they line up with what you gave him, then it may have been your mistake. But if they don't line up then you have proof and maybe a leg to stand on to get him to cover the cost of making it taller for you.

2. As others have said first couple times you put your tail on it does take some wiggling and lube and getting used to. My tails come up to my boobs but the first time I got them on they sat on my hips. It *does* take some practice so give it a few tries. Though obviously if your measure it and it doesn't match with what you gave him then no amount of wiggling is going to fix it.

3. It totally looks like there's no monofin. I know christomers tail has no monofin and just a foot pocket like MVD's tails do, but that was discussed. If his tails lead people to believe they have a monofin and they are PAYING for a monofin, that is a problem. 1/4th-1/3rd of the price of high end tails is their high end monofin. So if he's charging the same or more as other tail makers like Merbellas or Finfolk but not including a monofin... I think that's a giant ripoff. He's likely expermenting with cost cutting measures, and you didn't pay to be an experiment. SCREEN SHOT ANYTHING ON HIS WEBSITE that says it comes with a monofin, quick before he edits it and takes it down. (if he takes it down, google the cache of how the page looked)

PLEASE POST A PUBLIC REVIEW ON MERNETWORK AND ANYWHERE ELSE YOU CAN. The only thing that ever gets Eric to refund or exchange is when people put public pressure on him. PEOPLE KEEP BUYING FROM HIM BECAUSE NO ONE TALKS ABOUT THIS STUFF. I can't tell you how many "mertailor fans" or "mertailor happy clients" private message me their horror stories. THERE'S ONE EVERY WEEK. People he shares photos of or brags about or post on his website, that are all actually unhappy clients. People are afraid to speak out because they want to stay in his goodbooks. They also hope he'll eventually make things right, or they're afraid calling him out might hurt their mer-career or chances of getting a future tail. They're also afraid of "drama". BUT THIS SHIT NEEDS TO BE SAID.

REGARDLESS OF WHAT HE POSTS ON HIS FACEBOOK PAGE You should know what you're ordering. He shouldn't *have* to write a book every time a client gets upset. It should be clear from the start. If you ordered through paypal open a paypal dispute "product not as described" or file with your credit card company. Keep every email. SCREEN SHOT EVERYTHING dont just copy and paste text.

I AM SO SORRY you had this happen. It's so dishearterning.

I know his Ex Matty has been helping fix shit mertailor tails for a few people. If you're really stuck you might be able to get him to put a monofin in it for you but I know that's extra time and money you shouldn't have to even bother with to begin with.

I couldn't access the positive reviews to read them...

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Vanora, I'm sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your brand new tail. I hope The Mertailor will be a gentlemen and honor his end of the agreement so that you are a happy custo-Mer. For that chunk of change you have every right to have a piece of art that you LOVE.

He does what works for them and their clients, really? Well, this is not working for you. It makes me so mad to see stuff like this. Would he wear that tail with a fluke that has no structure whatsoever? They need to look good outside of the water as well as in the water. And as mentioned earlier, he is still advertising a polycarbonate fluke, that is what he should be selling.
    You know several years ago when I first started looking into getting a tail I was going to get one from him. But I have seen too much of his work and too many of his rude responses to people to ever consider buying one from him now.
    Mermaid Aine ​(pronounced Anya)
    of The Mermaids of the Great Salt Lake
    And you sang "Sail to me, Sail to me, Let me enfold you, Here I am, Here I am
    Waiting to hold you"
    Song to the Siren-Jeff Buckley
    https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thismemaidsjourney
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAine
    http://mermaidsofgsl.wixsite.com/mermaids
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidaine

Quote Originally Posted by Keiris View Post
    I hope The Mertailor will be a gentlemen and honor his end of the agreement so that you are a happy custo-Mer
    Sorry to sound like a mer jerk on this one, Keiris, but if you REALLY believe THAT will happen, you're delusional

Eric, a gentleman?? Come on...

Add Celaeno on Facebook
    You should be able to get a refund through your bank, call them and tell them you want to initiate a chargeback due to item not as described. The credit card bureaus always side with the customers in these kinds of disputes and the "item not as described" code is particularly easy to prove and get your money back for. (I worked in merchant services at a bank for quite a while) His "no refund" policy means nothing to the credit card companies.

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    Sorry to sound like a mer jerk on this one, Keiris, but if you REALLY believe THAT will happen, you're delusional

Eric, a gentleman?? Come on...

Oh I can assure you Arion, I am not delusional. I said " I HOPE" he would.... As an artist, if I turned in a substandard mural, portrait, or custom painting and the customer was even the slightest bit unhappy I would do all things humanly possible to rectify it. That's how I have been successful for so long. We all know his track record with unhappy mers. Yet for some reason, people continue to order from him. For their sake, THAT is why I hoped he would have a similar integrity as an artist NOT because I had a temporary break with sanity.

I feel bad blaming him because he's always nice to me. And he was in the hospital during my tail process so maybe he doesn't even know. I am going to go visit him hopefully next month... And have him examine my tail and see how it fits me. If there is a mistake then I will go through the bank. Thank you everyone for so much support! I feel so loved.

Add Celaeno on Facebook
    Also, if you initiate a chargeback and get your money back, you can sell the tail at half-price as a photography prop or costume piece and put that money toward getting a tail from a good tailmaker.

That sounds like a great idea! I didn't even know I could do that. I will if I must. First I will speak in person to him before jumping at his throat. Some mistakes are fixable. Hopefully this is one of them.

Add Celaeno on Facebook
    I hope it all works out one way or the other!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    I would definitely go visit him. I hope that once he sees it, he responds in a reasonable fashion and fixes it for you. Keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Questions on my Mertailor tail?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Wesley View Post
    I think there is a very short monofin in there. I've never seen a mertailor flop like that and it seems to me that they either were short on materials or screwed up. And just left it short, it looks unsafe to me. I've worked with polycarbonate and that's not what it should look like. There really isn't any excuse unless you requested a floppy fluke and I doubt you did.
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    3. It totally looks like there's no monofin. I know christomers tail has no monofin and just a foot pocket like MVD's tails do, but that was discussed. If his tails lead people to believe they have a monofin and they are PAYING for a monofin, that is a problem. 1/4th-1/3rd of the price of high end tails is their high end monofin. So if he's charging the same or more as other tail makers like Merbellas or Finfolk but not including a monofin... I think that's a giant ripoff. He's likely expermenting with cost cutting measures, and you didn't pay to be an experiment.
    I agree with that theory.

Here is a new picture of a tail he just released on Facebook.
    HOW someone is supposed to be able to swim with such a floppy fluke? It looks like there is nothing inside, only the silicone hanging on the sides of the table.

Name:  11988577_1176926788991568_2527103886271068546_n.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  106.2 KB
    Last edited by Merman Arion; 09-01-2015 at 06:51 AM.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    anything good that came out of mertailor = matty