Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions on my Mertailor tail?

agree with you there
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    His Instagram/Facebook posts are INFURIATING. I'm just so sick of seeing his smug ass.
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin

I'm sick of seeing his smug ass too! Oh...wait...my mistake, that's his face.

I am sorry this happened to you and I hope this can be resolved.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of Oceania
    Add Mermaid Stardust on Facebook
    This is awful, I'm so upset for you. I hope that your tail gets fixed or replaced really quickly. Big Hugs

Quote Originally Posted by Vanora View Post
    I feel bad blaming him because he's always nice to me. And he was in the hospital during my tail process so maybe he doesn't even know. I am going to go visit him hopefully next month... And have him examine my tail and see how it fits me. If there is a mistake then I will go through the bank. Thank you everyone for so much support! I feel so loved.
    Don't feel bad about blaming him, it's his company, his responsibility, whether or not he was physically there for the making of your tail. I feel like him being "nice" to people is how he's gotten out of giving people shoddy work over the years. He should have asked you about putting in his new experimental monofin instead of advertising the one from several years ago.

Has the OP tried swimming with the tail yet?

I'm thinking it's a shorter monofin (not unlike Raina's tail that uses the Foil) in a way that would give enough propulsion whilst at the same giving a natural flowing effect.

I wanna see a video of how it swims so we can see what the go is.

Mertailor is always able to reinstall fins.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -Annwyn- View Post
    Mertailor is always able to reinstall fins.
    Yes but "able to" and "willing to" are very different. I don't think I've ever seen Eric redo a fluke as much as this one needs to be altered.
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin

So sorry this happened to you... :/ Have had my issues with him too, my tail still currently coloring surfaces if it's left somewhere for too long, and well, he would have examined it if I would have shipped it to him with my own expanse. Finally I felt so devastated that I almost did send it there and asked, how long he'd think it'd take to look at it and fix the problems, cause well, I'd be without my business's most important item for that long, and he answered that " no idea how long it takes, IF there even is anything wrong with the tail". After that I just wanted to let it be, I felt that response just so disrespectful. There was a lot of mails before that last one, you can go to check those ones from here;
    http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...bathroom-floor

But honestly, these errors in your tail seem so clear that I really hope even he can't get out of this one and you'll have a proper tail. Don't give up! <3
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Its def not a foil

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Oh my god, I've been reading this whole thread and I just feel so sorry for you, Vanora. I can totally image how devastating that must be. I don't even know what to say, except yeah - destroy him on the Internet. I've read one too many negative reviews about him to think that this is a one-time, sucky-customer kind of thing. If I ever get a silicone tail, it won't be from him - not after reading this!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G850F met Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Saoirse's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Saoirse on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Saoirse on Tumblr
    I hope this problem gets resolved one way or another without any extra costs to you! It's inexcusable for your tail that you invested your hard earned money on to not be what you ordered. That fluke looks like it would do more harm in the water than good.
    You should definitely go loud and public about this if Eric refuses to help you. I'm glad to know that he's not in the hospital anymore because being hospitalized can be terrifying- but it doesn't excuse whoever put your tail together in such a condition. As a business owner he should own up to any mistake or unauthorized alteration he or his employees make.
    Saoirse (Seer-sha) means "freedom" in Gaelic, which is what I feel below the surface. I'm a freshwater mermaid.
    Empress of the Strid Empire Pod

Hey, Raina mentioned his ex helping fix tails? How would I contact him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Instagram: @harrietmedmonds
    Twitter: @babsannee

"Immortality is simply ubiquity in time." - Herman Melville
    "Be the flame, not the moth." - Giacomo Casanova

I emailed him a date and time I can come visit him. My boyfriend and I are spending 600+ dollars and 18 hours of driving time and taking 4 days off work to go visit him so he can take a look at my tail. I'm hoping he responds to me quick because I really would appreciate him taking a look at it and adjusting the size. He still thinks I'm not pulling it up enough. There's only so much I can pull up a 36 pound silicone tube. There's no wrinkles or anything in it. And there's a good 4 inch loose material around my thighs.

Vanora if Eric proves to be unhelpful, you should contact Matty(Eric's Ex and former production assistant). If anyone is going to know Eric's tails, it's him. Hopefully he can help you. Pearl Bae this should help you too.
    https://www.facebook.com/matthew.rya...?fref=pb_other
    Last edited by Merman_Shawn; 09-02-2015 at 05:24 PM.

Thank you Shawn. I sent Matty an email. Hopefully he'll get back to me.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Good luck! sometimes with all the pressure put on him here he does the right thing.

We ima go there in person October 15. So I hope he works with me. If not ima go through the bank. Maybe get a refund and get a Merbella.

No problem. I'm just sick to death of seeing thread after thread of people who are unhappy with Eric's work. I myself used to be a big fan of his dating back to his tails in the early 2000's, but after all the horror stories over the years I'll never find myself buying from him. I sincerely hope it all works out for you.