Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Corset wearing mers?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheydub View Post
    Ive been wondering this too!!
    I also waist train haha, I’m currently working on getting my 18” waspie closed and I’m about 1.5” away! Ha . I started with a 28” waist, but currently 24.5-25” uncorseted . My goal is an 18” conical shut. I almost have my 20” standard/conical shut ( ribs take longer) . But yeah honestly my biggest goal is probably owning every corset by mystic city LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That looks... extreme! What if you get pregnant? Baby has no space to grow.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    personally, I'd be more worried about my inner organs. The liver, especially.
    "training" your waist to be smaller means continuously pushing your ribs into it.

Just google "liver corset wearer" or some such.
    I don't want to link a picture, because it's gross.
    Last edited by Echidna; 12-08-2019 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    You wouldn’t wear a corset while you are pregnant ha. But so long as you do so properly and listen to your body, you shouldn’t have issues

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Storm View Post
    One of the things I like about tail-swimming is the feel of the tail, the continuous hug it gives you. I've been wondering if I would also enjoy a corset. I finally broke down and got a men's corset from Orchard. The results:
    Yes, I enjoy wearing a corset.
    Corsets are made for people with very different shapes than mine. In particular, it is assumed you have a waist. That is, your waist measurement is smaller than your hips and chest. My measurements are not like that, being overweight. The result is I could not get the thing on properly, even with help from my wife. When it was snug at the middle, the top and bottom were flared out, no where close to touching me. Looking down at myself, it looked like I was standing in a flower vase the way the corset flared out at my chest.
    In desperation, I tried wearing it backwards, with the lacing in front. That works, sort of. I can tighten the top and bottom until the sides are less than an inch apart and conform to my shape, with a the gap in the middle of 4 1/2 inches. Its tight, but I can comfortably wear it for several hours and do normal activities.
    Obviously, this is an incentive to lose weight, and I am hopeful it is enough of an incentive.
    But, am I doing something horribly wrong? What should I be doing different, if anything?
    Were you recommended/sized by orchard? It’s normal to have gaps when you start. But you should season your corset first, just being consistent with the time you wear will make it fit better!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheydub View Post
    Were you recommended/sized by orchard? It’s normal to have gaps when you start. But you should season your corset first, just being consistent with the time you wear will make it fit better!
    Nope, just bought their largest men's corset. I usually wear it for 8 hours on any given day, maybe 3 days a week.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Nope, just bought their largest men's corset. I usually wear it for 8 hours on any given day, maybe 3 days a week.
    Ah okay, I’d still highly recommend getting one custom made then:/ and work your way up in the hours you wear , but eventually the gaps should minimize

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    I thought I would not get a custom one right off, but first see if this was something I would enjoy. Then there is the issue of just what custom fitting can do. If I relax and take my measurements, my "waist" is larger, but a considerable amount, than either my hips or chest. With the corset on and lightly laced, those three measurements are all about the same. So that is one option: Get a corset that is basically a cylinder, with no waist constriction at all. But the contour of my back and sides is close to what you would see if I did have a waist, its the belly that protrudes. Not only that, but my belly is not soft and flabby, it feels more like a taught balloon of muscle inflated with excess fat under it. So I need sort of a "bent cylinder", and I have no idea how to get that.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

I thought I would not get a custom one right off, but first see if this was something I would enjoy. Then there is the issue of just what custom fitting can do. If I relax and take my measurements, my "waist" is larger, but a considerable amount, than either my hips or chest. With the corset on and lightly laced, those three measurements are all about the same. So that is one option: Get a corset that is basically a cylinder, with no waist constriction at all. But the contour of my back and sides is close to what you would see if I did have a waist, its the belly that protrudes. Not only that, but my belly is not soft and flabby, it feels more like a taught balloon of muscle inflated with excess fat under it. So I need sort of a "bent cylinder", and I have no idea how to get that.
    I understand! Id suggest researching a couple brands, finding the best that fits your style, budget, etc. then reach out to their customer service with your measurements I’m sure they can help you! Waist training is to help you get that defined waist. Many people start without one but gradually it all works out.

Finding some “off the rack” is always an option. Like just winging it off of the descriptions online or on the tag but then you risk the sizing and shape to not be right for you. It’s a bit of trial and error . that route is not impossible but definitely has it’s pros and cons . Either way i hope you find what works for you! it’s cool seeing other mers interested in corsetry!

I love corsets! Currently I'm making simple dresses, but making corsets is my goal. I've seen some amazing fabrics on https://tissura.com/, can't wait till I learn how to make them

Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    personally, I'd be more worried about my inner organs. The liver, especially.
    "training" your waist to be smaller means continuously pushing your ribs into it.

Just google "liver corset wearer" or some such.
    I don't want to link a picture, because it's gross.

Oh you mean this "corset liver" ? https://www.instagram.com/p/BdzNiiqF...d=c4rn77jw3pyd

Read the description and learn a thing or two about anatomy. Short answer: wearing corsets doesn't cause impressions on the rib due to them being unhealthy

Quote Originally Posted by falca View Post
    I love corsets! Currently I'm making simple dresses, but making corsets is my goal. I've seen some amazing fabrics on https://tissura.com/, can't wait till I learn how to make them
    That’s awesome!

I would love to wear one but can't

i wore one of my old corsets during swimming... now i want a latex one
    just a random Kelpie... "wanna come to my lake?"

make sure to not strain yourself too much. sometimes, corset can actually impact your digestion. This is because corsets restrict your stomach, ribs, and chest. The added pressure can lead to digestive problems and even acid reflux for more sensitive wearers.

Quote Originally Posted by scilover View Post
    make sure to not strain yourself too much. sometimes, corset can actually impact your digestion. This is because corsets restrict your stomach, ribs, and chest. The added pressure can lead to digestive problems and even acid reflux for more sensitive wearers.
    If you are wearing it correctly and it is seasoned properly and the right size, you won't have any of these issues.
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar

I have a front lacing corset, an 18th century style ‘stays’. They’re custom made, and they are sturdy and comfortable. I’ve always wanted to wear them with everyday clothes without looking odd, so today I styled them up to see how they looked. What does everyone think?

Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Hi, I had a experience with this mers corset i had bought for myself. It is a beautiful and wonderful experience because it will looks like the fish. When i were little fatty and I'm also a fish lover so i ordered it and its been 3 years for now it is still available in my wardrobe its like a fish best waist trainer so i saw this thread and it boosted my memory after seeing different variants there.
    Last edited by umi0012; 05-14-2021 at 09:26 PM.

Woow, really cool corsets. However, I adore buying lingerie. My friend often orders herself underwear. Once she found a site, she also says that this store has good prices and quality. Here you can buy harness lingerie. You can see and choose something cool. I also want to buy lingerie there, but my friend says that it’s pretty good, and there are many good reviews. Maybe it will help you. I wish you good luck.

Corsets are of course cool, but I am a man and would like to find some online store with basic clothing for men that can be worn in everyday. I will be very grateful for suggestions.