Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Corset wearing mers?

Corset wearing mers?

I've posted around the thread a few times that I love wearing corsets, now I'm wondering, are there any other mers who love corsets also? or who waist train? What's your goal? dream corset? do you make your own corsets?
    I'm planning on making one of my first corsets soon, because I found out that there is a slight curvature in my spine that made my last otr corset uncomfortable so I'm getting a medical corset maker to help me draft my own pattern for an asymetrical corset that won't be as uncomfortable as one for symmetrical bodies.

Name:  11350895_10207073010013115_3245935400524034395_n.jpg
Views: 1694
Size:  60.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Gosh I want one. Unfortunately my fam is all against it and stuff so I have to wait till I can move out in a couple years. I don't really mean to waist train, just tight lace mostly. But I've been drooling over the OC 426 short for a while now. *dreamy sigh*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love corsets myself. I'm into a lot of victorian goth type things so corsets are pretty much a must. I don't waist train though, my best friend does but not by much so far. I've wanted to make one myself too but haven't had the time. For me it's more of a fancy costume/outfit piece than a daily wear. There are a lot of misconceptions (as you said in the other thread) out there about them, even I haven't researched as much as I'd like on the subject.

Add Celaeno on Facebook
    Momo, that is a gorgeous corset! I made all my own corsets when I did Renaissance faires, but I never had the courage to make a Victorian corset. I have a beautiful hooded one from Damsel in this Dress that I've sadly outgrown, but am keeping in the hopes I'll fit it again someday.
    My next corset is going to be a postpartum girdle. I need some help getting my abdomen tightened back up.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Koi_Mermaid View Post
    I love corsets myself. I'm into a lot of victorian goth type things so corsets are pretty much a must. I don't waist train though, my best friend does but not by much so far. I've wanted to make one myself too but haven't had the time. For me it's more of a fancy costume/outfit piece than a daily wear. There are a lot of misconceptions (as you said in the other thread) out there about them, even I haven't researched as much as I'd like on the subject.
    I always point people looking for more information on corset to Lucy's corsetry, she has so many thorough articles!
    http://lucycorsetry.com/

There's also this blog for corset eye candy
    http://thecorsetauthority.tumblr.com/

lol fun fact i saw you on the orchard corset blog and was like HEY THATS A MERMAID i KNOW HER.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Wesley View Post
    lol fun fact i saw you on the orchard corset blog and was like HEY THATS A MERMAID i KNOW HER.
    lol, I'm surprised you noticed me at all! I didn't think anyone knew what I looked like since I hardly ever post pictures of my face on the forum except a few times

you're too cute to miss ;D lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Wesley View Post
    you're too cute to miss ;D lol
    Awwww thank you!

Have you ever thought of getting one and just stealthing it until you move out so that you don't have to wait that long, but also so your family won't notice you have one?

I have considered it, but they are super nosy with my packages and mom likes to "clean my room" (snoop) while im away. *grump* (also i changed my signature! ooh shiny new)

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    I have a corset, but it's a ltitle to long, so it's poking in my armpits or stabbing in my legs It fitted perfectly when I was standing when I bought it, even got advice from the nice lady at the stand. I love the feel of it, but I do not waist train, just like it to be tight. My dad promised me to help get me a good one as he knew someone who makes them to fit your body, but it hasn't happened yet.
    I did make my own corset once, because it has a special shape and a trail at the backside. Sadly the boning I used were way to soft which ended up in wringles instead of a nice smooth line
    Your imagination is your only limit

I've been wearing corsets on and off since college! Right now I have... ummm... too many to my name. I'll scour my digital albums and see if I can find any decent pics to put up. I do not waist train.

Ehrmagard. For owning over 15 corsets, how is it that I don't have a single photo of wearing any?????? WTH!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    I have several corsets. I've made two of them myself. Working at a renaissance festival, it comes with the territory. I love my corsets, though I'm not waist training.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod KayNS's Avatar
    Follow KayNS On Twitter Add KayNS on Facebook
    As a burlesque performer, corsets kinda come with the territory. And I love them! I have one custom made corset specific for my measurements and I loved it to death! It's falling apart now after MANY uses and my seamstress is currently travelling. So for now I'm making due with a 'costume' corset. It's pretty, but I can't lace it as tight and it pokes me in the back a bit. I may have to see if I can fix up my custom one until I can get a couple of new ones made.
    I don't waist train or anything, but I've considered it.

Momo you look fantastic in your corsets! I love wearing corsets also, and did some extensive corset training a few years ago. I just recently went and tried on a Hoss corset an oh my they are wonderful. They got me into a 34 and I have to say I looked great! I normally have a 40 inch waist, so to see myself in a 34 was quite amazing!
    Currently I own 4 corsets, one of them is custom, although I am not completely thrilled with it. I have a purple and black leather underbust that I LOVE. I am hoping to get the Hoss corset that I tried on sometime soon. The great thing about Hoss' corsets is the boning that he uses, its a flexible steel, but not the spiral steel boning. It was so flexible that I though there was no way it was going to pull me in. I even said that to the girl that was fitting me. So imagine my surprise when she pulled me in 6 inches. Also he uses a special lacing that makes it so easy to lace yourself in, great slippage! Honestly, the best corset I have ever put on and off the rack to boot.
    Last edited by MermaidAine; 09-04-2015 at 12:36 PM. Reason: added more info
    Mermaid Aine ​(pronounced Anya)
    of The Mermaids of the Great Salt Lake
    And you sang "Sail to me, Sail to me, Let me enfold you, Here I am, Here I am
    Waiting to hold you"
    Song to the Siren-Jeff Buckley
    https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thismemaidsjourney
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAine
    http://mermaidsofgsl.wixsite.com/mermaids
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidaine

I love corsets and I have been looking at buying a really nice one soon! My family already thinks I am weird so wearing a corset isn't going to change that! I want to do waist training. It is really cool to hear that there are other people here who wear corsets!

Add Vixy on Facebook
    I love corsets, I've only got a few though. Got a nice custom which is what I'm wearing in my avatar actually. I also want to get some corsets to do reenactment. So I may look into making them.

I love corsets! I really want to do a custom with Romantacy here in SF for waist training, but right at this moment it's just not feasable as far as time and funds. When tax season happens though, I'm totally there
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

Senior Member Pod of The South saborigakusei's Avatar
    Another corset-loving mer here! I've got two, but they're just cheap ones from Fredricks. I'd have more if I hadn't spend all my money on a tail!

Hoping to get more soon, there's a gorgeous steampunk one I'm eyeing...