Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Corset wearing mers?

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I have to constantly adjust my busk because I'm a-symmetrical. It twists the corset sometimes. Now that it's seasoned it doesn't do it as much though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Momo View Post
    That's common during seasoning, I remember when I first got mine, the gap between the modesty panel and the other side of the corset was like 3 inches then as I seasoned it it went down a lot. What size did you get? I think partly the large gap in mine was because I got a size 18 when I should have gotten a 20 or 19 (but they weren't in stock when I bought my corset)

If you got the right size, it may just need seasoning, but your hips may be too big too (mine are too big for my corset, But I can still get the corset to close, I just have a /\ shaped gap.)
    I got a 26, which is what the OC rep said to get based on the measurements I sent in. She also suggested these specific models. I almost got the ones with hip ties but I didn't like it as much and I did t think I was that hippy :/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Are there any corsets that could be worn as part of a mermaid costume while tailswimming? I've always thought that would look fantastic underwater

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    Realistically no because of the steel boning it would not be safe for you or the corset itself. Plus the restrictions to movement would hinder the dolphin kick. you would only be able to isolate the legs getting just a partial flow. Plus the steel would completely have to be sealed to keep them from rustying, you are likely to break down the fabric and seams very quickly and could seriously hurt your body.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

That being said, if you are not looking to actually waist train, you could costume make a 'corset' with plastic boning that could look like a waist trainer, it just wouldn't give you the actual body shape. I purchased a corset from Amazon for about $11 (not it looks to be $17) and it is faux leather (but obviously you would need to have a different fabric) that is plastic boning. Its incredibly bendy, so it doesn't help with posture or anything and shouldn't restrict your movement (it doesn't restrict mine) but still look like what you want.

Guys I think I might be dumb. I don't think the waist tape was actually at my waist. I think I was trying to fit the corset too far down... This looks better, yea?

Sorry the quality is crap, there is no one here to help me this time xD

That does look a bit better. I did that when I first put mine on too

Day 4, poofy hip fat >.<

That looks good on you!

So I'm a bit dissapointed because my waist doesn't look how I thought I would. I'm 1 more inch away from closing my 18 inch corset but I really don't see the shape I wanted

What shape were you looking for? It could just be as simple as the style of corset you are wearing. I went through something along those lines a few years back and ended up switched to a conical rib cage which in turn pulled in my floating ribs permanently and helped me get where I wanted to be.

I'm looking for an extreme hourglass

I'm thinking its time to get a new corset then, Momo. I mean I dig the shape you have now, it seems to be on the edge of "good genes" and "what's going on here, Barbie" but if you want more extreme I think you'll need a new corset. Maybe custom even?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Wesley View Post
    I'm thinking its time to get a new corset then, Momo. I mean I dig the shape you have now, it seems to be on the edge of "good genes" and "what's going on here, Barbie" but if you want more extreme I think you'll need a new corset. Maybe custom even?
    I agree with Wesley, in that case you should look into a new corset for a more dramatic silhouette.

Quick question folks. So one of the three corsets I bought from OC is the mesh fabric and it breathes really well. The only problem really is this;

I am seasoning all of my corsets at the same time. i am on day 5 of them all (3 hours). My natural waist is 31" and I was told to get 26" corsets. When I wear the red cotton one, I can barely get it down to 30" before it feel too tight. But thats ok because I'm seasoning. With the mesh (I am currently wearing it) I tightened it down to 29" and can barely feel it. Not only that but it's nearly entirely closed in the back. There is maybe three quarters of an inch left to close.

Someone here said they had a mesh and I was wondering if this experience has been similar to yours. It seems so much streatchier and not at all a 26" corset.

The Mesh does have some stretch do it. I find that because it is less restricting of a fabric I hardly even notice I am wearing it and that had originally concerned me when i got to the point of closing it. But the internal measurement was true to the size I had ordered. I think it is just because it has less structure to the fabric itself. (But I am most definitely no expert and these are just my guesses based on my experiences with my mesh CS-201) If you are concerned though you can always measure the waist tape both when it is not on and measure the internal measurement of the corset when it is on, while factoring in the size of the gap in the back to double check how it is fitting.

Yeah I was thinking it's my corset because I noticed a lot of OTR corsets also bring in the hips and ribs (My OC brings in my ribs to 24 inches which I'm guessing tones down the hourglass look I'm wanting since it's so close to the waist measurement.) and looking at my OC pattern I realized it's not really a very curvy pattern to start out with.

My corset pattern of the one I'm working on is hopefully keeping the hourglass I want because I made the measurements 32-18-36 with ub and hips being my natural measurements and made sure to pattern it with a dramatic curve.
    Quote Originally Posted by theMerFanc View Post
    Quick question folks. So one of the three corsets I bought from OC is the mesh fabric and it breathes really well. The only problem really is this;

I am seasoning all of my corsets at the same time. i am on day 5 of them all (3 hours). My natural waist is 31" and I was told to get 26" corsets. When I wear the red cotton one, I can barely get it down to 30" before it feel too tight. But thats ok because I'm seasoning. With the mesh (I am currently wearing it) I tightened it down to 29" and can barely feel it. Not only that but it's nearly entirely closed in the back. There is maybe three quarters of an inch left to close.

Someone here said they had a mesh and I was wondering if this experience has been similar to yours. It seems so much streatchier and not at all a 26" corset.
    I don't have a mesh but from what I hear, OC doesn't use actual corset making mesh so it has some stretch to it and seasons much faster and easier than others, but it also shouldn't be worn too much because it wears down a lot faster than a regular corset. I could be wrong though.

Member Pod of New England Raquel Skellington's Avatar
    Add Raquel Skellington on Facebook
    I've been wearing corsets for 7 years now! (I started very young) I'm a professional tightlacer so if you ladies ever need a hand let me know!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Member Pod of New England Raquel Skellington's Avatar
    Add Raquel Skellington on Facebook

Momo have you looked into Isabella corsetry and possibly mystic city corsets? They have some extreme level curvyness and I recommend them. mystic city is the only inexpensive brand I know of that makes 18-16in for VERY naturally curvy women!

I love corsets I don't waist train with them though I just like the way they look cause there really pretty and corsets help with your posture and I need better posture