Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Corset wearing mers?

Finished my mockup yesterday

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raquel Skellington View Post
    Momo have you looked into Isabella corsetry and possibly mystic city corsets? They have some extreme level curvyness and I recommend them. mystic city is the only inexpensive brand I know of that makes 18-16in for VERY naturally curvy women!
    seconding Mystic City Corsets for extra curvy off the rack. I Really like Orchard corsets, but as an extra squishy in the middle lady that also has wider than average bone structure, I found that I ran out of hip and rib room long before reaching the limit of compressing my middle. I can get more than a 10 inch reduction with an MCC corset and still have a little room in the rib spring. Love it~

Adding pictures of my newest mcc corset.

That MCC looks so good on you! I want to invest in one eventually.

So here are my two ideas for my corset, I can't really decide because I like them both but the general consensus in the corset making group is B.
    Name:  corset.png
Views: 426
Size:  342.1 KB

Aww, I love those designs Momo! Both would look fantastic!

They're both super pretty, but I think I prefer the second one.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    I second Shyren Shey. With a pattern like that having it framed by the solid will read better, but the first is still adorable.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    It's more slimming and Classic the second way, but the first way has more bb8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do renaissance festivals pretty frequently. I love the look of corsets, but I would never be able to wear them as tight as they are meant to be worn.

The trick is that you get used to it Slowly over great lengths of time so that you are listening to your body and the longer you work at it, at least in my case, the less I even notice the cinching. It just starts to feel normal and it should always be comfortable.

Right. Its not something I could do. I know how it can be done, but I don't have the time, or the patience. The look is beautiful though.

Ah ok, I misunderstood your first statement. My bad

I'm not sure if you've seen the finished corset yet but here it is

I've made 2 corsets, but I don't have any pics of the first one. It was made from recycled denim and cheap plastic boning. The second one was still the cheap boning, but more work, and definitely better quality. I wanted to make a historical corset, but my health problems got too bad.
    Here is the second corset I made. It's reversible and has a matching purse.

I couldn't find the pics of me wearing it.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    My mom always said her kids must be part fish... apparently she was right!

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good; but that which is good is always beautiful.
    ~ Ninon de L'Enclos

I love the corsets in this thread

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    My mom always said her kids must be part fish... apparently she was right!

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good; but that which is good is always beautiful.
    ~ Ninon de L'Enclos

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Momo View Post
    I'm not sure if you've seen the finished corset yet but here it is

Gorgeous! You look great in it. I wish I knew enough about sewing to make my own too.

Sorry to double post, but I saw Lucy reblogged your pictures on Tumblr! So cool~

http://lucy-corsetry.tumblr.com/post...from-my-corset

Quote Originally Posted by Shyren Shey View Post
    Sorry to double post, but I saw Lucy reblogged your pictures on Tumblr! So cool~

http://lucy-corsetry.tumblr.com/post...from-my-corset
    I saw that, I was wondering where all the notes were coming from and realized she had reblogged it, I'm so happy she thought it was good enough!
    The only down side is that after she posted it a bunch of people reblogged it saying I had edited my waist, which I didn't, the only editing done was to replace the background. To prove it I even made pics of my cropped out head (I realised that my head works much the same way as people with big boobs, when you have something larger in comparison the waist will look smaller and my fro is pretty dang big lol) so without my head you can clearly see the waist isn't so impossibly small like most claimed

That's so silly. There's always those people who have to be butts and make up issues online.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Right? I tend to wear a lot of very voluminous skirts and such with my corsets and people always give me grief for the same reason as Momo's hair making her waist look even smaller proportionally. But honestly if they don't like it they shouldn't look. What I find pretty or attractive or flattering isn't for everyone. This is why my corseting tumblr has been so inactive this year. I got tired of all the negative BS in the notes if it got picked up by one of the bigger blogs.