Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Corset wearing mers?

Took my corset to the dry cleaner, he didn't know what to do, it isn't listed in his computer. I told him lingerie with steel. He said no washing machine? Yup.
    H.P. Lovecraft “You fool, Warren is DEAD!”

You don't wash corsets, it damages them. If you absolutely need to clean them most people mix vodka with something else and spritz it with a spray bottle then let it air out

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    I do have a corset dress if that counts

There is one solution to the washing issue. One of my friends has a corset made out of latex rubber insude & out. It has stainless steel busk & nail closures, but she doesn't know whether the steel boning inside is stainless steel. Anyhow, to clean it, she just holds it under the shower and washes it off with regular soap. It's never gotten rust, even though it's a few years old now.

It is a pretty edgy look. It's black and she wears it over black dresses & steampunk-type outfits. Wouldn't be everybody's cup of tea. But it is hand washable!

The other thing is, she has a non-standard figure and couldn't order a standard size, so she ordered hers made-to measure. The price was pretty steep. She got it from Germany (http://www.fantasticrubber.de/en/pro...derbust-corset) and it "only" cost her 320 Euros. They've raised their prices even higher now. I know that would be a deal-breaker for most people. Maybe some other latex corset maker could be found who makes waterproof ones at a much better price? Especially if you can buy a standard size rather than going custom. I must say, though, this one is really high quality, and it's still in perfect condition after years of use. When you add up what several dry cleanings would have cost, maybe it's not such a bad deal.

Anyhow, I did a search, and it turns out a person who has the same corset did a Youtube demo of lacing it up by herself.

I love wearing my corsets! Lingerie/shirts/ or even my real steelboned cinchers/underbust ones. I have a lot of em actually haha. Of course the steel ones i use to waist train and i also have one of the rubber ones to work out in. I got into corsets almost 4 years ago. My waist went down 4" and i went from 158lbs to 142 in a short amount of time. I've always loved the victorian goth look so they really added to my chokers/makeup/ boots etc outfits haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After deciding forever, I ordered my first steel boned corset today! It is a black brocade steampunk corset which I will post pictures when it gets here!
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Corset wearing mers?

Look what arrived today... Sorry for the messy room, the closet is the only place where there is a mirror in my room.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    I know Little Orca/Merlissa rocks daily wear corsets!
    Sadly I can't wear them. Stupid organs doing stupid things.. stupid muscles being dysfunctional too. I have a nice flat-steel boned under bust, I can't even lace it snug anymore. Boo!
    I know this is an old thread, and I haven't read through all of it, but you might be ok in a spiral steel boned corset. They flex in all directions and are a lot more forgiving.

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

Sorry for letting this thread die! I can now lace down to 16 inches comfortably , i use my chemistry corset which was made to be worn with a 2 inch gap at 18 inches and i close it fully now. (Sorry for upside down selfie)

I'm now thinking about getting a custom corset from someone who isn't me haha.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

Please ignore my fat unphotogenic face. But this is my steampunk mermaid. I do take better pics of myself. LOL

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

My corset after seasoning. I haven't worn it in a while.

I corset! I have a size 36 inch waist and currently I can get it down to 30 or 32, so my corset closes almost all the way.

In fact the dry land outfit I'm working on will likely have my lavender mesh under-bust corset as part of it. I also have a an over-the-bust corset, but its a bit too long for me. And a I have a steel boned bodice too that was custom made for me.

Just stopping by to drop this off. This corset-maker is a friend of a friend. You'll have to go to the Instagram link to see the brief video from Crimson Rose Corsetry.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfbvfXtDPrA/

Any questions should be directed to the corset maker.

Wearing this corset (laced to 17.5 inches) for a few last times before i butcher it. RIP chemistry corsetName:  Snapchat-1217138740.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  78.6 KB

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    why are you gonna butcher it?
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

Quote Originally Posted by inanna View Post
    why are you gonna butcher it?
    I've worn it down so much that the grommets are popping off so im taking it apart for parts.

Also here's another picture; wore it again yesterday
    Name:  18-03-30-00-04-23-896_deco.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  137.2 KB

This is my prom dress it's a corset dress from dark in closetName:  Snapchat-725896102.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  45.6 KB

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    One of the things I like about tail-swimming is the feel of the tail, the continuous hug it gives you. I've been wondering if I would also enjoy a corset. I finally broke down and got a men's corset from Orchard. The results:
    Yes, I enjoy wearing a corset.
    Corsets are made for people with very different shapes than mine. In particular, it is assumed you have a waist. That is, your waist measurement is smaller than your hips and chest. My measurements are not like that, being overweight. The result is I could not get the thing on properly, even with help from my wife. When it was snug at the middle, the top and bottom were flared out, no where close to touching me. Looking down at myself, it looked like I was standing in a flower vase the way the corset flared out at my chest.
    In desperation, I tried wearing it backwards, with the lacing in front. That works, sort of. I can tighten the top and bottom until the sides are less than an inch apart and conform to my shape, with a the gap in the middle of 4 1/2 inches. Its tight, but I can comfortably wear it for several hours and do normal activities.
    Obviously, this is an incentive to lose weight, and I am hopeful it is enough of an incentive.
    But, am I doing something horribly wrong? What should I be doing different, if anything?
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    Storm if you would like to chat you have my contact info. I've been corseting for the last decade.

But yes, please be kind to your garment and do not lace it this way as it will cause warping and structural damage. You want your Gap to be parallel ideally, /\, or \/ in shape.

Lucy Corsetry has some great information up on both her website and youtube about corseting and corset care if you want to look into it some more.
    Last edited by Saelyyia; 11-20-2019 at 07:06 PM. Reason: I felt it sounded too preachy and didn't convey my intent correctly.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

Ive been wondering this too!!
    I also waist train haha, I’m currently working on getting my 18” waspie closed and I’m about 1.5” away! Ha . I started with a 28” waist, but currently 24.5-25” uncorseted . My goal is an 18” conical shut. I almost have my 20” standard/conical shut ( ribs take longer) . But yeah honestly my biggest goal is probably owning every corset by mystic city LOL