Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Corset wearing mers?

Corset wearing mers?

Mermaid Dottie has a corset with silicone scales added by Mernation to match her tail, it's gorgeous!
    http://mernetwork.com/index/showpost.php?p=144556
    Last edited by Mermaid Kate Silverfin; 10-06-2015 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Added link

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I aaalmost bought a corset on sale the other day, but i still can't do it from my understanding, tightlacing is to temporarily cinch down, not getting any "smaller" and not aiming for a specific number, waist training is with the goal of slowly reducing the measurement?

anywaays. I want one still and i still want one. and i want one. but im pretty broke so like i really shouldnt.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I've got a corset like bra where the boning goes lower on the chest than normal bra. But haven't worn it to the pool yet.
    Formerly known as ireneho

In a corset group I'm in, there has been some talk of waterproofing corsets for swim suits by dipping the bones in plastidip. I know a few people have used that method to be able to wash their corsets but still haven't seen it used for a full swimsuit yet

^OOH

Also check out this beautiful corset

ooh! I love it. It reminds me of the lovelyrats jellyfish corsets.
    http://www.lovelyrats.com/gallery/

I love the corsets that go underneath your breast, I made a faux one for a cosplay once! Do they have a specific name?
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

^underbust corset

I want a lovely rats so much! Have you seen her steven universe designs? I hope she decides to make them

:0 whaaaaat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of The South saborigakusei's Avatar
    God those lovelyrat corsets are stunning. I would legit give up a kidney for the Cthulhu one.

Can I ask, where does everyone get their corsets? I'd like to get one with actual steel boning, and totally don't mind dishing out the money, but the (teeny tiny) part of my brain that actually cares about my budget will bitch if it's that much. xD

So y'all have introduced me to lovelyrats. And now I want one or fifty. Holy Narwhal but they are beautiful. My OrchardCorset is a very lovely white satin but compared to some of these it's just sad (https://www.orchardcorset.com/corset...corset-cs-530/.). Although I have ideas on flossing it sometime in the not to distant future. Maybe I can figure out some way to do mermaid-y flossing...

I got mine from OrchardCorset. LOVE it! From what I've seen their stuff is good quality but standard sizing. They have a blog, too, which gives you all sorts of tips and has profiles of people who wear corsets and stuff, so if you're a total beginner to corseting it's a great place to get some advice.

I think next time I'll have to get one with hip ties...
    Last edited by Mermaid Miranda; 10-06-2015 at 09:11 PM.
    “I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.

I do not think that they will sing to me.”
    T.S. Eliot, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

Would anyone be opposed to me listing a corset on here that I'm trying to sell?
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Would corsets even work with mermaiding though? Forgive me I don't really know much on the subject but I thought they kind of impaired movement a little so in my head they would make performing a proper dolphin kick difficult.

I have an OC too, I really want to get a restyle or a mystic city sometime. I also really love the shape of the vamp corset

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Crazy View Post
    Would corsets even work with mermaiding though? Forgive me I don't really know much on the subject but I thought they kind of impaired movement a little so in my head they would make performing a proper dolphin kick difficult.
    hmm, I don't think they'll make it that much harder unless you're doing something like a back flip or a general flip or turn that requires your spine to twist a lot. Though your dolphin kick will look a bit more stiff since you don't have full range of spinal movement as usual.

Here are the steven universe designs btw:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I don't think I would suggest a corset for a gig with a lot of swimming. Photo shoots, dry gigs, kiddie pool stuff, that sounds fine to me but I know corsets aren't usually considered safe while working out, and I don't think you can do a very graceful dolphin kick in them. I think it would be a safety hazard. Maybe a costume corset with acrylic boning for pool gigs? And THOSE GEM CORSETS!!!!! I need the Pearl one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the Pearl one is too cute!! <3
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Has anyone here continuously made the mistake of putting on corset before pants/ shoes? Because I know I do a lot