Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Corset wearing mers?

And not to mention those who get corsets because they see famous people wearing them, need to realize that they aren't wearing real corsets, they're wearing shape wear (which in my opinion feels like I'm stuffed into a sausage tube) and not only will that not give them any reduction like a corset will, but if they do go and get something resembling a corset, they usually by the cheap plastic boned fashion corsets that aren't meant for cinching, or they get a steel boned one, in the wrong size, and as soon as they put it on they lace it down as tightly as possible because they didn't do their research on it beforehand.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    me in my corset at renfaire.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I just realized that I have zero dollars and I may not have the money to buy the corset when I get paid D: it's on clearance so there aren't many left... Booo

WAIT. I just got paid! I have 99 bucks total in my bank account and NO IMPULSE CONTROL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Wesley View Post
    I just realized that I have zero dollars and I may not have the money to buy the corset when I get paid D: it's on clearance so there aren't many left... Booo

WAIT. I just got paid! I have 99 bucks total in my bank account and NO IMPULSE CONTROL

What size are you and what type of corset are you looking for? I may have a couple of mine that I would sell. Never been worn except to try on.

This one I'm looking at is pretty perfect, I have enough to buy it but not enough to also buy myself food for 2 weeks... But I can swing it with some mooching.

OKey doke.
    I will put it out there for the other mers. I two have corsets, one a red, long line and the other is purple with a cute skirt attached. Both steel boned and both from Corsetstory.com. Neither one has been worn except for trying on.
    I think they are a size 24, but I'm not home. I'll confirm this later.
    PM me if you are interested.

dang, too big for me, hope you can find someone !

This one I'm looking at is pretty perfect, I have enough to buy it but not enough to also buy myself food for 2 weeks... But I can swing it with some mooching.

Is it an OC? because if you sign up for their emails, they've been sending out a lot of discount codes.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446156173.521059.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  13.8 KB
    Cost me 50.99 with the coupon code "corsetlucy15"

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446156173.521059.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  13.8 KB
    Cost me 50.99 with the coupon code "corsetlucy15"

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!

Yessss! I want to see seasoning pics!

I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW *laughs and flings self into the sea*

No but seriously why did I just spend half of all of my money on this? It's because I'm an adult who can do what she wants but a kid with no impulse control.

I'm so glad I'm a kid with no impulse control.
    And I have time to read about how to season my corset while I wait for it to get here :3

I'm a corset newb. How do you measure for one? I've been following this thread, and ya'llz look so good.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    cats cats cats...whats up with those things?

Formerly known as jayy

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    measure your underbust measurement, your skeletal waist (which is where your waist bends at when you bend to the side) and your high hip, add lower hip too if you are looking at a long line. From there it is recommended generally to go about 4 inches smaller than your natural waist measurement. However you need to take into account the other measurements as not every maker has the same rib and hip springs in their corsets. Lucy from Lucy Corsetry has an amazing data base on her website where you can look up just about any corset model from any maker and it will give you the known rib and hip springs so that you can make sure your corset will fit you comfortably as you cinch it down over time.

http://lucycorsetry.com/research-cor...ons-directory/

Her website is a wonderful resource for people who are looking for information. I hope that helps Imogen =^,^=

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Saelyyia View Post
    measure your underbust measurement, your skeletal waist (which is where your waist bends at when you bend to the side) and your high hip, add lower hip too if you are looking at a long line. From there it is recommended generally to go about 4 inches smaller than your natural waist measurement. However you need to take into account the other measurements as not every maker has the same rib and hip springs in their corsets. Lucy from Lucy Corsetry has an amazing data base on her website where you can look up just about any corset model from any maker and it will give you the known rib and hip springs so that you can make sure your corset will fit you comfortably as you cinch it down over time.

http://lucycorsetry.com/research-cor...ons-directory/

Her website is a wonderful resource for people who are looking for information. I hope that helps Imogen =^,^=
    That is an amazing resource!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    Yep. Lucy has done a great job providing such an amazing and free tool for people to utilize.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

Wow, I love her YouTube videos! I am a super noob and this is getting me excited again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

I was just watching those last night. They're super informative!

I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW *laughs and flings self into the sea*

No but seriously why did I just spend half of all of my money on this? It's because I'm an adult who can do what she wants but a kid with no impulse control.

I'm so glad I'm a kid with no impulse control.
    And I have time to read about how to season my corset while I wait for it to get here :3

haha, to season it you just lace down for 30 min/day (or what I did was I laced down for 30 minutes then tightened it and wore it for another 30 minutes before taking it off) and when you lace down, make sure it's not too tight, but snug, like a firm hug.

Here's a nice video about it:

I am just so overwhelmed o.o. She kept talking about getting a custom on but I can't find makers or prices anywhere and I am terrified to get one OTR because I don't know what I'm doing and like o.o gah

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Corset wearing mers?

Finally decided to respond here yay! I have a steel boned! I got it about a year ago and wanted to do light waist training with it but it was always so hard to lace myself I guess I kind of gave up *hangs head in shame*

But I really want to start using it again. It's from corset story, white with black lace overlay and satin ruffle trim. The only issue is in one of the boning channels that sits on my right front side, there's a little piece of -something- in there that after a while feels really painful when I wear the corset (almost feels like a tiny pebble that got trapped) so I would have to clip the fabric on the channel enough to get it out. Shouldn't be too hard though. Any advice for starting out with a corset when you have to lace yourself?