Hey everybody
I'm super excited so I figured I would start a thread for my personal silicone tail.

The design

This design was inspired by red belly piranhas, betta fish and godzilla.
This tail design includes ventral gills, hip fins and kaiju spines.

The kaiju spines might include glow powder for that extra umph of coolness, and might be made of a harder silicone to keep them from being too floppy. This may not be an issue if they're small enough though!
I'm also thinking about adding some scars to the dorsal side. Imperfections are perfection. :P

Scale sheet:

Doing a large scale sheet with foam teardrops. Each one has been 'veined' and roughed up/scalloped. I'm not sure how much of this detail will show through at the end, but if it does cool, if it doesn't also cool. I swear the detail is taking longer than the glue/cutting out part @_@

Fluke sculpt:

Augh large photos. Sorry! It looks so small in these photos, but i swear its rather large irl. Almost 2ft by 3ft. Designed around a finis wave. There is about 2 - 2.5 inches after the monofin, so I'm hoping it won't look too small or excessively floppy. I'm rather fearful it'll look like a small fin, but I think I'm just super nervous/excited. I didn't want a giant fin like the competitor, I saw that monofin irl and just nope.jpg These diverted from the original design a little bit, too many fins made it look very crowded so I opted for fewer. Sculpt still needs some fine tuning, but I have a bad habit of over saturating my clay with water so I'm letting it dry up a bit before i continue. I'm using WED clay.

Next i need to sculpt the hip fins and kaiju spines, but I'll be sculpting those in super sculpty because I have better control over small sculpts in SS

Stay tuned :U