Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: underwater vision?

Me too but I found the technic (yeah, I know, I'm the boss *big joke*) : put some oil into a plate, a little mug or....something little wich can keep oil then, put your fingers into the oil and with them, apply gently an oil cover on your eyes. It's a bit strange when it begins but then, all is right. When you're swimming, try to not swim too fast 'cause it could wash the oil on your eyes. Do some tries (two or three) and then, the cover is normally perfectly fitted on your eyes

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    mayb I'll just stick with the dropper! touch my eye *shivers* sounds gross LOL
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    I have this problem when I play water polo, I wear dailies so they don't stay in my eyes even if just a drop gets in them. But then I can't see ANYTHING obviously a problem when playing a sport as for mermaiding, just grin and fake it!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Adrienne's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Adrienne on Facebook
    Its probably a really stupid thing.... but I did some research and found a doctor who uses KY jelly for eye operations. I tested this myself and found that... it stops any pain, but it really doesn't help much with blurry-ness.... it is slightly better though. I have this thing where Im uncomfortable with not wearing goggles under the water and I'm trying to shake that. without the jelly or gel eyedrops I can see clear enough to see my hands etc but it just burns my eyes.

Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Salty's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Salty On Twitter Add Mermaid Salty on Facebook
    Aha the milk thing! I've been wondering whether to mention that in regards to soothing eyeballs after swimming. I thought it was maybe just a weird thing my parents did for us.

I swam daily without goggles with my brother as a child and teenager and my parents trick was to drip two drops of milk into our eyes afterwards. Your vision is milky (literally) for a like, 15 or 20 minutes, but then all good. It pretty much immediately takes the sting of chlorine away. I will mention I am in Australia an all the milk is pasturised.

We swam both in pools and in the ocean regularly. It was only ever chlorine that made me need the milk drops. I've definitely spent hours in the ocean with my eyes open but apart from irritation from sun glare, I honestly haven't noticed any adverse effects on my eyeballs.