Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Any mers in the Brisbane or Melbourne areas keen for a meet up?

Just need to work out a place to stay, but it looks like I might be able to make it! Checking with work today.
    Mermaids - not so graceful on land...
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid_Sarina's Avatar

Follow Mermaid_Sarina on Tumblr
    I wish I could come! To bad i'm in Townsville! Good luck with all the planning!!

Yay!
    Sarina, hopefully next time! I'd love to visit Townsville sometime, and if I do I'll try to meet you and all the mers there

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Oh I'll go to Townsville with you! Haha. I've been wanting to go back for ages. We have to do it when Cora is performing <3 I missed her last time I was there.

Most definitely, I've seen pictures of that aquarium and it looks incredible! I'd love to watch Cora and Cirra perform

Same here! I never got the chance to while I lived there... Visited the day after they had stopped performances!
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

I went up to visit last year and literally the day AFTER I left was their first day of performing. I was so devoed. The aquarium was beautiful though. Wish the friend I was visiting with wasn't so impatient or I could have spent the whole day there <3

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kate Silverfin View Post
    Yay!
    Sarina, hopefully next time! I'd love to visit Townsville sometime, and if I do I'll try to meet you and all the mers there
    Yes! You need to come up!!! From what I know Mermaid Cora usually performs in the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Crazy View Post
    Oh I'll go to Townsville with you! Haha. I've been wanting to go back for ages. We have to do it when Cora is performing <3 I missed her last time I was there.
    I wish you could come with me! We need more Mers!! <3 Hopefully you'll get to come up again sometime

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Crazy View Post
    I went up to visit last year and literally the day AFTER I left was their first day of performing. I was so devoed. The aquarium was beautiful though. Wish the friend I was visiting with wasn't so impatient or I could have spent the whole day there <3
    That's a shame. It requires a whole day. Mermaid Sarina and I went one day and just sat watching the fish for ages!
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Merman Jamie's Avatar
    sounds like a road trip is in order one day

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Jamie View Post
    sounds like a road trip is in order one day
    Trust me you do not want me on a road trip haha. I get terrible motion sickness haha. I'll just fly.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Merman Jamie's Avatar
    Plane trip is good also.

I want to do the drive one day since I have family about half way.
    Last edited by Merman Jamie; 09-19-2015 at 05:25 AM.

This meet up is only two weeks away! I'm so excited to meet you all!
    I've been on the tourism website for Stradbroke Island, and it seems to have several nice beaches. Which one do you guys think will be best for us, and what times are good?

Personally I'm super excited to visit the fresh water lakes! They look amazing! But out of respect to everyone bringing Silicone tails we'd probably have to settle on one spot and stay there I'd think since dragging those things around all over the place is tiring (we found out last week haha). Also are we all going to wait and catch the same ferry over? And do we have to buy tickets prior to the day or are we fine to purchase on the day?

Yeah, I agree with the one location idea, silicone tails are not fun to carry around, I'm glad I'm just bringing my fabric tail! The same ferry is a good idea, although given the ferries seem to be a bit infrequent, we would probably all end up on the same one anyway. From what I understand, you can't pre-purchase tickets unless you're taking your car over (this is all based on their fairly poor website, please correct me if this is not the case).

Eeee one week to go!
    Mer Crazy has suggested the fresh water lakes, what does everyone else think? Also, what time should we meet up? Are there times to avoid (I know in Perth the wind picks up after a certain time, is there anything like that in Brisbane that will affect us)?

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    I hope you'll take lots of pictures! Have FUN!!!!

I'll be bringing my cameras and after Kelda's lovely shoot this week I'm happy to take a few nice/ posed photos if any one wants so long as there's time

Whoo, that would be awesome