Thread: Mermaid Fortune Telling/Zodiac!

Smile Mermaid Fortune Telling/Zodiac!

I don't know if any of you have ever read or watched Mermaid Melody, but, the series also included a sort of zodiac they called "Mermaid Fortune Telling" based on the day of the week your birthday falls on. Each "sign" is what color your tail is, and determines personality, relationships, and strengths.

To find out what day of the week you were born on, input your birthdate here: http://www.calculatorcat.com/free_ca..._of_week.phtml

Here is each day of the week's designation:

Monday: Pink Mer
    Tuesday: Yellow Mer
    Wednesday: Aquamarine Mer
    Thursday: Indigo Mer
    Friday: Purple Mer
    Saturday: Green Mer
    Sunday: Orange Mer

Below is the information for each! Copypasta'ed from Pure Melody and tweaked for this community.
    Please post what type you are, because I'm curious~! According to my bday I am a Green Mermaid; what about you?
    Also, please note: This is just a zodiac-type thing and does not determine what color tail you should have irl.

~ Pink Mer ~
    Overflowing with compassion and deep affection, you have great success with the opposite sex!

~ Basic Personality ~
    You have a personality that is overflowing with compassion, so much that you can feel the pain within the heart of others around you. When you see someone down in the dumps, you cheer them up with your upbeat personality. You are willing and able to let others take the lead, so someone is bound to think your someone special. But you have a delicate heart that's easy to wound. Your mood can change at the slightest event, so be very careful of that!!

~ Fate in Love ~
    You fall in love with one person with all your heart, and pursue your deep affection with everything you've got! You understand your feelings, but have a tendency to make blunders. Due to that your personality is one that attracts men easily. However, jealousy comes easily to you, and that could become the root to all your arguments with your loved one.

~ Shape Up Your Good Points ~
    If you're optimistic and do your best to help people in trouble, you can capture others' hearts. Make sure you give handmade gifts!

~ Who Matches Your Affection ~
    => Indigo Mermaids
    => Yellow Mermen
    => Mers &Humans born on Tuesdays

~ Other Information ~
    Pink mers are from the Kingdom of the North Pacific. They have the strongest ties to the sea goddess out of all the mermaid colors, and are globally active with all nations, having no real enemies. Also, their culture seems to have an Indian flare, with their palace having a strong resemblance to the Taj Mahal.

~ Yellow Mer ~
    You have a strength to open your own destiny before you, and you're enthusiastic in love.

~ Basic Personality ~
    You are the bright and energetic type for whom sports and the outdoors is a strong point. You don't like to beat around the bush, so you are straight forward with your opinions. You can even handle troubled times with your head-on attitude, and so others tend to look to you for leadership. You have the power to lend a brighter outlook to those around you. But you're a little too strong willed at times, so every now and again you find yourself regretting the fights you have with your friends.

~ Fate in Love ~
    If you find a person you like, you go into full attack mode, so your love life tends to be intense. If you have a rival, your type of personality gets even more passionate. But if your relationship doesn't work out, you aren't the sort to wallow around in depression forever. You can move on to the next love in good time. You aren't good at being chased.

With your enthusiasm, you can convince people to do things they don't want to do, so even if bad things happen, never forget your smile.

=>
    Pink Mermaids
    =>
    Orange Mermen
    => Mers & Humans born on Sundays

~ Other Information ~
    Yellow mers hail from the South Pacific Kingdom. Before the Indian Ocean Kingdom fell, the orange mers were their closest allies, and following the fall, they continue to protect the treasures of the orange mermaids. Yellow mers also have the second most powerful voice of the mermaid colors, able to use magic through sound without the aid of pearls. Their palace has a strong resemblance to the Angkor Wat in Cambodia, suggesting some Hindu culture influence.

~ Aquamarine Mer ~
    You're cute and have a distinctive flare for fashion and style! You're very popular!!

~ Basic Personality ~
    You know whats in fashion and have a good sense for style, you are always in top form! You pull in a lot of new friends with your skill of making fun conversation. You're smart and have good hand-eye coordination, so if you try you can build up some real talents. It isn't unusual for you to be praised and respected by many people. However you're also a little capricious, and depending on how you feel that day, the things you may say can be quite different. Be careful of that.

~ Fate in love ~
    Your special talent is to pick up on others feelings, so no matter who it is, you can turn on the charm and make anyone your friend. You can also become very close to the person you like very fast, so you'll find there are a lot of people that like you. But you don't know the meaning of restraint, so you find it very difficult to keep a relationship going.

If you tutor the one you like in studies as if it were the most normal thing on earth, or help out with the student council activities, the one you like should fall for you naturally

=>
    Green Mermaids
    => Purple Mermen
    => Mers & Humans Born on Fridays

~ Other Information ~
    Aquamarine Mers are from the South Pacific Kingdom. Of the seven kingdoms, they have the greatest respect for their rulers than any other. Unlike other mermaids who can communicate primarily with sea life, aqua mers can also communicate with land animals and birds. They also have a special treasure known as the Morning Moon Music box which only aqua mermaids can hear. The South Pacific Palace seems to be built in a Baroque architecture style and perhaps signifies European ties.

~ Indigo Mer ~
    You're Curious and Bright, and you easily transition from Friendship to Love.

~ Basic Personality ~
    You're a laid-Back, Bright, Big Hearted person who doesn't sweat the details. You're brimming over with curiosity, have many different interests, and you rush to face new challenges one after the next. You're the type who can work long and hard on fulfilling a big dream. But you don't like being tied down by rules, so sometimes you find yourself moving into an area of selfish whims.

~ Fate In Love ~
    You have many friends, and you seem to follow the pattern of naturally moving from friendship to romance. When you have someone you like, you tend to approach the person with a bright disposition, so usually you become close to the person very fast. However, you also have a side of you that gets cold very quickly after seeing something in him that you don't like. You could wind up with a great number of loves.

You're good at seeing straight through to a persons good points, so one thing you can do is praise the person you're interested in. You can also give people energy and courage.

=> Orange Mermaids
    => Pink Mermen
    => Mers & Humans born on Mondays

~ Other Information ~
    Indigo mers call the ice-capped waters of the Arctic Ocean home. They have strong ties to the North Atlantic Kingdom and often seem to operate as one country rather than two. They are perhaps the only completely non-violent kingdom of the seven seas and have a pacifistic mindset. Their palace seems to be made of ice, and is built in a distinct Neoclassical style.

~ Purple Mer ~
    You have a faultless fashion sense and great sensitivity. You know how to be loved.

~ Basic Personality ~
    You're good with fashion, and have a mood of beauty around you. You also specialize in gathering cute or beautiful items around you with your artistic sense. You're good at playing musical instruments and drawing. You feel a strong drive to make friends with just about anybody, and you hate arguments and competition. But you're rather indecisive, and it takes you a long time to settle on one thing.

~ Fate in Love ~
    You're really good at picking up on others' feelings, and you know how to praise them, so you probably have quite a few people waiting to be your partner. You rarely ask people out yourself, but instead you seem to wait for them to approach you before you go on a date. But you tend to misjudge who the right partner is, so it's easy for you to let you're best chance slip away, so speed up your decisions!

Use your beautiful voice, and listen with a smile, and you'll make great impressions! Put to good use your ability to choose your partner's favorite things as a present!

~ Who Matches Your Affections ~
    => Aquamarine Mermaids
    => Green Mermen
    => Mers & Humans born on Saturdays

~ Other Information ~
    Purple mers live in the icy waters of the Antarctic Ocean. Unlike other kingdoms, they tend to be a little standoff-ish and isolationist, very dedicated to their duties. It is said that Purple mers may also have twins in the Arctic Ocean who they have never met but share their spirit with. In the war with the Sea Clan, this was the only kingdom that remained completely peaceful throughout its duration. The Antarctic Palace is Greco-Roman in style, perhaps meaning they had prior involvement in the South Atlantic Ocean before cutting ties with them.

~ Green Mer ~
    You're cool and serious, but your love is Singleminded and Passionate.

~ Basic Personality ~
    You're a serious hard worker and you have a calm, adult demeanor. Even if something very troubling happens, you never panic - you are the type where you can face it with logical reasoning. You may impress others as being a little cold, but you are constantly thinking of your friends first. And due to your sense of responsibility, the people around you make a lot of requests on your time. But there is a stubborn part of you that feels you're always right. Be careful of that side of you.

~ Fate In Love ~
    You tend to involve yourself in the opposite sex later than others, and you're very careful, so your type tends to be hard to find a partner in romance. On the other hand, once you do fall in love, you are a passionate person and will love that person for the rest of your life. But even when you do find someone you like, you find it hard to admit it to the person, so you tend to get hung up in one sided love relationships quite often.

If you are in school government or in charge of other functions, it makes it easier to see your good points. If you can adapt in fashion, you might be able to show the world a new side of yourself!

=>
    Purple Mermaids
    =>
    Aquamarine Mermen
    => Mers & Humans born on Wednesdays

~ Other Information ~
    Green mers live in the Kingdom of the North Atlantic. They are very open to other oceans, second only to the North Pacific in global connections. The Arctic Kingdom is their most important ally, nearly to the point of being the same kingdom. On the other hand, their relationship with the Antarctic kingdom is rather strained and antagonistic. Unlike other mermaids who have an affinity for dolphins, Green mers usually have whales as their messengers and companions. Their greatest treasure, known as the Mermaid Eye, is a large green gemstone used as a sort of stone of destiny and is passed down generations of rulers. The North Atlantic palace looks very similar to the palace of the Spanish royal family, suggesting Spanish influences on their culture.

~ Orange Mer ~
    You are elegant, bright, and popular, and you approach love by giving it your best shot.

~ Basic Personality ~
    You project an elegant but cheerful mood. You love to hang out in a crowd, and you're very good at showing your friends a fun time. Others probably think of you as their idol. You love company, and you can talk enthusiastically and easily with people you have just met, so you can become good friends very quickly. But there is also a selfish side of you that gets angry when things don't go your way.

~ Fate in Love ~
    You're not very good at the politics of love, so when you find someone you like, you tend to come right out and tell the person how you feel. You long for a love with a bit of drama, and you have high standards, so you're a little picky when it comes to who you like. Be very careful that you don't wear you partner out through your selfish demands.

You're full of ideas, so if you can run a school function, that would be your chance! If you can remain optimistic when real trouble comes, it will improve your popularity.

~ Who Matches Your Affections ~
    =>
    Green Mermaids
    =>
    Purple Mermen
    => Mers & Humans born on Fridays

~ Other Information ~
    Orange mermaids are originally from the Indian Ocean Kingdom, although, due to their kingdom being destroyed by a large storm, they have since scattered to all corners of the globe. Prior to its destruction, they had close ties to the South Pacific Kingdom. Even afterwards, the yellow mermaids still take it upon themselves to guard the ruins of the Indian Ocean, and have also taken in the largest proportion of orange mermaid refugees out of all the kingdoms. From the few images of the palace before its destruction, it seems their culture had both Turkish and Indian influences. They have the most powerful voices of all mermaids and can manipulate water with them.

Other Mer Colors (not related to zodiac, but part of MMPPP lore):

White Mers, also known as Pearl Mers, are only spoken of in legend. Supposedly, when the Sea Goddess appears in mermaid form, this is her tail color. White mers are not naturally born, as they instead change color when they ascend into godliness. The only known mermaid to do so is the North Pacific princess, but her tail has not been seen since she ascended so it is unknown if it actually changed to white.

Black Mers, like white mers, are also not naturally born this color. If a mer falls too deep into depression, hate, etc, their tail and hair turn black; however, their eyes remain the same. The only mer known to do this is the Indian Ocean princess after she destroyed her own kingdom in rage.

Brown Mers are freshwater mers. They have a much more relaxed and informal culture than ocean mers.
    Last edited by MermaidKinsie; 09-14-2015 at 04:19 PM.

~~ I wanna be, where the merfolk are ~~
    I wanna be, wanna be with 'em swimming!
    ≈≈≈≈≈
    Like Mermaids & Anime? Check out my Mermaid Melody Re-watch!

Monday, and the description is actually pretty spot on for me, but I don't have or want to have a pink tail. Although I think they are beautiful when I see them.
    Mermaid Aine ​(pronounced Anya)
    of The Mermaids of the Great Salt Lake
    And you sang "Sail to me, Sail to me, Let me enfold you, Here I am, Here I am
    Waiting to hold you"
    Song to the Siren-Jeff Buckley
    https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thismemaidsjourney
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAine
    http://mermaidsofgsl.wixsite.com/mermaids
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidaine

That's okay, I plan to get orange tail even though I'm a green mer. It's just a zodiac-type thing

≈≈≈≈≈

I'm green. So far appropriate
    The SeaGlass Siren

I got pink! Which is totally good with me!! I want my tail to have pink in it!

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    I know this is just a fun-kind of thing, but I have to say the description doesn't match me like, at all lol.
    (born Monday)
    Why North Pacific mers (cold waters) would have an Indian-like culture eludes me, just as cold water mers wouldn't have pink tails- if anywhere, pink would occur near a tropical reef or so...

besides, I'm a bit miffed orange, pink and purple are all mentioned colours, while more natural colours like silver, grey and white aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    Why North Pacific mers (cold waters) would have an Indian-like culture eludes me, just as cold water mers wouldn't have pink tails- if anywhere, pink would occur near a tropical reef or so...
    Just a note, I didn't create this Zodiac. It was created by Hanamori pink for the manga serialization of her series Mermaid Melody. Pink was likely chosen for the North Pacific because Japan is in the North Pacific Ocean, thus making it more plausible for the main character, Pink Princess Lucia, to have met the boy who drives half of the plot (it's an adaption of "The Little Mermaid" after all). And, it's a magical girl/idol series, so having a non-pink leader is unthinkable.

As for my note on Indian-esque culture, the North Pacific palace is canonically stated to resemble the Taj Mahal, and its design can be seen here

Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    besides, I'm a bit miffed orange, pink and purple are all mentioned colours, while more natural colours like silver, grey and white aren't.
    Hanamori decided on trying to relate seven colors of the rainbow to the seven seas, I think... I explained White, Black, and Brown. The consensus among the MMPPP fandom is that there are more extreme color variations, so a mermaid with a red tail could belong to either the pink or orange kingdom, and likewise a silver or grey tail could also fall under any color.

I.E.; canonically, Nikora has a very obviously purple tail but is a pink mermaid, and Meru has a grey-ish tail but is an aquamarine mermaid. The only perfect match colors are the tails of the main characters, the eight Mermaid Princesses, although even they have slight variations, with Sara being a more red-orange and Seira being more golden. There is even some dissent in the fandom as to whether Indigo should be titled "Deep Blue" instead despite 藍色 (aiiro) translating directly to indigo, because Noel has more of a navy blue tail than an indigo one. So, it's not really exact color-wise.
    Last edited by MermaidKinsie; 09-15-2015 at 04:27 PM.

≈≈≈≈≈

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    ah ok, I didn't quite realize this is from a manga lol.
    Ye, out of my depth there.

Might be because the only Japanese thing I could get enthusiastic about is the Final Fantasy series.
    It's brilliant, especially if you play it in Japanese- but then, a big chunk of Japanese script is just Chinese done wrong, so it's not really enjoyable if you know Chinese.

I got indigo and surprisingly its almost very accurate ! its like frightening accurate ! makes me want to rethink all my beliefs about fortune telling and palm reading and probably zodiac and moon signs !
    I asked what is my moon sign for years and i could not get a good answer until one day I found out what they really meant and how do they affect each person in a unique way.

well i got indigo too and beside being one who get many lovers easily and liking cold water nothing in the description fits me at all XD. "Why North Pacific mers (cold waters) would have an Indian-like culture eludes me, just as cold water mers wouldn't have pink tails- if anywhere, pink would occur near a tropical reef or so...", well shojo manga for little girl are not hard sci fi, no wonder they are lot of incoherences from a logical marine biology point of view, most probably like most magical girls like sailor moon and the like the color code is sentai (think bioman, or it's us version power rangers with heroes in rainbow colored costums against space evil trying to conquer the world) inspired and have more to do with the personnalities of the main characters than with anything ecology or culture logical related. I've seen a lot of magical girls show but not this one yet (it felt too childish to me but maybe i'm wrong on that fans try to sell me on watching it if you dare) and most often that's how they works. "Might be because the only Japanese thing I could get enthusiastic about is the Final Fantasy series. It's brilliant, especially if you play it in Japanese- but then, a big chunk of Japanese script is just Chinese done wrong, so it's not really enjoyable if you know Chinese. ", well i love final fantasy too especially the seven but langage speaking it's not that kanji (i guess it's what your talking about) are chinese done wrong it's just ancient chinese script that the chinese abandonned in favor of more modern and practical writing while japanese choose to keep them because of the cultural prestige of this style of writing even if the original japanese writing was hiragana, now because japanese are the only one using modern kanji that's kind of became a pure japanese writing style therefore with recent historic evolution of both the japanese and chinese writing system if i really understood it well when people explained that to me. So it's not wrong just different (besides just as when they try with english japaneses kind of have a way of pronouncing and understanding foreign words that make them instantly japanese for an exemple i'm french and i follow a youtube channel of a haafu guy (mixed both japanese and french) and he explains than when he commands food in Japan in a french restaurant he can't pronounce the name in correct french because the people there only accept and understand their japanese prononciation that no one in France would ever say really like for an exemple "ratatsuiyu"= ラタツイユ instead of the original real french word "ratatouille". I guess long being a isolated island get them a special relationship with foreign words importation and therefore the foreign inspiration that japan take and use it's own special way end up uniquely japanese.

Ooh fun! I got purple and I think a good deal is true.

I think my fashion sense is pretty good...not sure everyone else would agree with that!