Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mertailor Offering Fixes now?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Mertailor Offering Fixes now?

I dont follow mertailor, but occasionally when someone on my friend's list comments on something it comes up in my feed. This was posted earlier this month, but I dont think anyone bought it up here.

Name:  d.JPG
Views: 1073
Size:  130.1 KB

Name:  dd.JPG
Views: 990
Size:  56.7 KB

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Wow, he can be so reactionary. A couple of comments on fixing problems with Mertailor tails, and suddenly he's all over fixing his own mistakes...for a fee, of course. Good luck getting something fixed!

As for that weird monofin...that just looks terrible.

With this weird monofin... I'm really confused now, she already is selling the tail. Actually in here in Classifieds, first she thought that the tail is not good for anyone, but now is selling it because mono might be good for underwater swimming, but still there seems to be a problem with it and her friend talking of it for her. Don't understand.

I absolutely hate that part there... " don't take it to anyone else cause after that we no longer can assist you ". That's just so awful, if you take your tail somewhere else and it doesn't work out there neither will we help you anymore cause we are childish and have some grudge then....
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

Part of me is wondering if this is somehow connected to Matt/MerrowFins "Urgent Care Clinic" side-business for tails, where Matt posted a picture of all of the Mertailor tails he was repairing recently. Eric's post about this repair thing was posted... What, two weeks after Matt posted that picture? Seems kinda convenient.

I've known costume makers to put warranties on their products that are voided if they're repaired by third parties, but IDK how that works with something like a silicone tail, where sending it back to the maker to get repaired can be a lot more difficult (re: shipping prices, possible customs fees if it's outside the country, etc.,). I wonder if Eric's policy on this third-party repairs thing also includes the client themselves patching up holes and tears with their own silicone, or something?

I assume he has this written up in whatever TOS he gets his clients to look at before ordering from him? If it's new, is he placing this rule just on his newer clients, or does this now apply to older clients who may not have previously agreed to this condition when they ordered?

I have so many questions. D:

" I wonder if Eric's policy on this third-party repairs thing also includes the client themselves patching up holes and tears with their own silicone, or something? "

Yes it does, he told me this when I send him a message of me trying to repair my tail by myself. I should just ship it back to him or otherwise he'll no longer assist me.
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    That's a whole lot of questions I'm sure won't get any straight answers. Personally, I think if you're having that many problems with a tail from a particular tailmaker with a bad reputation, seeking repairs from someone else might be a better solution.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    That's a whole lot of questions I'm sure won't get any straight answers. Personally, I think if you're having that many problems with a tail from a particular tailmaker with a bad reputation, seeking repairs from someone else might be a better solution.
    I agree with Pearlie here. If the tailmaker does a shit job on the tail, don't expect him to be better in repairing it. Just saying.

Yeah, definitely with you guys on this one. If I bought a tail from someone and ended up having a lot of problems with it because of the way they made it, I don't think I'd feel super comfortable with sending it back to them to fix it.

Especially if that tailmaker happens to be Eric, the guy who in the past has come up with a thousand excuses for why the shoddy mistakes he makes on his tails are the client's fault and not his responsibility in the first place.

Member Undisclosed Pod lulubelle's Avatar

Follow lulubelle on Tumblr
    I am baffled that people still buy anything from him. It's a huge purchase. I research the crap out of anything I buy that costs more than $30, but I've got a huge family and resources are tight...if I'm going to spend a lot of money I need to know it will be well spent. A simple google search brings up reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
    I am baffled that people still buy anything from him. It's a huge purchase. I research the crap out of anything I buy that costs more than $30, but I've got a huge family and resources are tight...if I'm going to spend a lot of money I need to know it will be well spent. A simple google search brings up reviews.
    Brand loyalty and teenage fanbases are crazy things.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    but now is selling it because mono might be good for underwater swimming, but still there seems to be a problem with it and her friend talking of it for her. Don't understand.
    Every mer I know with his new home made monofins say they suck for swimming.

absolutely hate that part there... " don't take it to anyone else cause after that we no longer can assist you ".
    I think the pressure is on because his EX is now fixing his tails, and mernation fixes his tails too.

I dont think eric has a warranty?

really? I love his monofins, but I've never swam in anything other than that and a magictail so I have nothing to compare it to. It sinks like a rock too.

The repair thing is ridiculous. Great that he's offering to fix tails but he shouldn't be putting out crap tails in the first place. And the whole "we won't serve you if someone else helps you" thing is stupid. I can't find my tail care sheet but I'm pretty sure there's no warranty
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidofthelabyrinth View Post
    really? I love his monofins, but I've never swam in anything other than that and a magictail so I have nothing to compare it to. It sinks like a rock too.
    Do you have the one where it's a separate tail skin and full silicone fluke though (if not my apologies that's just what it looks like on your profile pic)? Because that's different to the new (insert whatever material it is here) monofin they're talking about that's put in the full silicone tails.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Crazy View Post
    Do you have the one where it's a separate tail skin and full silicone fluke though (if not my apologies that's just what it looks like on your profile pic)? Because that's different to the new (insert whatever material it is here) monofin they're talking about that's put in the full silicone tails.
    Well, there is this..

Name:  screenshot-FB(2).jpg
Views: 1105
Size:  80.3 KB

Name:  screenshot-FB(3).jpg
Views: 1024
Size:  101.5 KB

So obviously it's something that Eric made himself. I think I remember somebody saying that he was using Bi-Fins but I forgot where exactly. I don't know anymore if it's something I read a while ago on Facebook or on MerNetwork

Name:  Dat Fluke.png
Views: 1010
Size:  623.3 KB

How long has Eric been in this business now? And how does he still not know how to conceal a freaking monofin?

Does anyone else remember when that one client cut open their fluke and found that the monofin had, like, massive holes drilled through it?? I'm not 100% certain but I think I can make out where the holes are on this monofin.

No wonder Matt doesn't recommend Eric's monofins.

::EDIT:: Going through the MerrowFins FB page, from what I'm reading this is an older Mertailor tail that they're repainting?? I wonder how old it is, it might explain why the fin is so obvious.
    Last edited by Starfrit; 09-28-2015 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tieri View Post
    ::EDIT:: Going through the MerrowFins FB page, from what I'm reading this is an older Mertailor tail that they're repainting?? I wonder how old it is, it might explain why the fin is so obvious.
    It's THAT old.

Name:  screenshot-FB(2).jpg
Views: 839
Size:  134.8 KB

Name:  screenshot-FB(3).jpg
Views: 820
Size:  136.8 KB

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Is there speed and propulsion from that kind of monofin?
    Formerly known as ireneho

It looks like there would be none at all. It would make sense in that case, as Mertailor's tails are very showy and flashy... From what I've collected, the propulsion isn't amazing.
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

That JT meme just killed me, Tieri. Bravo.

That monofin is kinda ridiculous. Somewhere in Florida, a small child is STILL searching for that boomerang that landed in the bushes back in 2013.
    Find me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and my WEBSITE
    Formerly known as Madison Juliette

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Juliette View Post
    That JT meme just killed me, Tieri. Bravo.

That monofin is kinda ridiculous. Somewhere in Florida, a small child is STILL searching for that boomerang that landed in the bushes back in 2013.
    Omg this. I'm dying xP
    "The cure for anything is saltwater: sweat, tears, or the sea​" ~Isak Dinesen