Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mertailor Offering Fixes now?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Juliette View Post
    That JT meme just killed me, Tieri. Bravo.

That monofin is kinda ridiculous. Somewhere in Florida, a small child is STILL searching for that boomerang that landed in the bushes back in 2013.
    Omg lol

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
    I am baffled that people still buy anything from him. It's a huge purchase. I research the crap out of anything I buy that costs more than $30, but I've got a huge family and resources are tight...if I'm going to spend a lot of money I need to know it will be well spent. A simple google search brings up reviews.
    This is great because you are so right. It is a big purchase and a dream purchase for many mers and because of this it is important to research multiple tail makers even if at first you are set on a tail from one maker, it helps to check because there is more to it then looking at the photos on their page and deciding they are the one. One has to consider safety factors and if the tail propulsion has been complained about that is serious because it could be a safety hazard. You don't want to spend thousands of dollars on a silicone tail that is only good for dry events.

I agree that sending a tail back to the person who created it wrong in the first place might not be the best idea.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

I'm confused. Why offer to fix tails now when he's never wanted to fix them before? :/ um....
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    he always does this, someone offers something, he says he's going to offer it, but doesnt lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Crazy View Post
    Do you have the one where it's a separate tail skin and full silicone fluke though (if not my apologies that's just what it looks like on your profile pic)? Because that's different to the new (insert whatever material it is here) monofin they're talking about that's put in the full silicone tails.
    ohhhh didn't quite catch that lol. sorry, but now that I understand that then yeah Raina is right
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Nyx's Avatar
    Add Nyx on Facebook
    Follow Nyx on Tumblr Visit Nyx's Youtube Channel

That monofin is kinda ridiculous. Somewhere in Florida, a small child is STILL searching for that boomerang that landed in the bushes back in 2013.
    Ohhhh my god yeeesss.
    Hahahahaa

~~FableMade Studio ~~

Omg, lolled so hard XD

But yup, I think what attracts people when it comes to Mertailor are little bit cheaper prices cause he offers some mid-range-priced products and shorter waiting times, at least those were what I was most interested in. I knew I take a risk when ordering from him, but I had a nice experience with my first tail so when it was possible to order one with a similar look as in full silicone one but with price of a basic, I just couldn't resist. I was prepared for the lower quality and materials wearing of f.ex. during the next half of a year(wanted to make some gigs to gather money for a full silicone one, so this was suppose to be a temporary tail on a way to my dream one), but with the color coming of allover and sticking I wasn't prepared. And then the fact he didn't take any responsibility of anything just, well, I got my own Mertailor experience then. So 50/50 change to get a good product isn't worth it. Had my lesson with that and from now on I can maybe educate even some people to realize how big that risk of getting a bad product really is.
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

#bestburnof2015

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGlass Siren View Post
    I'm confused. Why offer to fix tails now when he's never wanted to fix them before? :/ um....
    Easy: Because he's realized that MerrowFins and MerNation are making bank fixing up all of his screwups, and he doesn't approve and/or wants in on that cash.
    Last edited by Starfrit; 09-29-2015 at 05:18 AM.

Did somebody say "boomerang" ??

I found the perfect gif.

Senior Member Euro Pod Sammi Ray's Avatar
    Haha. That was awesome.

His tails should go out in better shape. I would never buy one from him on the chances it came to me with a lot of defects/not the right size and then blaming it on me, to be honest...would he even do a good job of fixing them?
    glub glub, glub....glub. ^_^

user formerly known as _PeBBles_

Quote Originally Posted by _PeBBles_ View Post
    Haha. That was awesome.

His tails should go out in better shape. I would never buy one from him on the chances it came to me with a lot of defects/not the right size and then blaming it on me, to be honest...would he even do a good job of fixing them?
    ^My concerns, exactly. It was Eric's tails that got me interested in Mermaiding in the first place, and I wanted one of his tails so badly... I'm glad I had the sense to join here first before actually spending so much on him— he's capable of making really beautiful tails (I guess?? All the ones I've liked the most were mostly Matt's work, tbh), but it's such a high risk of getting a rushed and half-assed tail from him. It's a huge gamble for that kind of money, and if that's the case then I'd rather put the extra money aside and order from someone like Merbellas or FinFolk, who have a way better track record and customer service.

^ which was exactly what happened to me. Thankfully this forum exists otherwise I wouldn't have known about the shoddy work. Just do a better job on your tails and people wouldn't have to fix them :/
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Euro Pod Sammi Ray's Avatar
    I'm sorry to hear that ladies :-( its such a gamble with that kinda of money. Especially with his no refunds. I also was going to buy from him until i saw the reviews here and i have gone for someone else. I think he needs to take responsibility and fix things for free if hes sent them out like it.

😄 Sammi Ray 😄
    glub glub, glub....glub. ^_^

user formerly known as _PeBBles_

Quote Originally Posted by Tieri View Post
    It was Eric's tails that got me interested in Mermaiding in the first place, and I wanted one of his tails so badly...
    Ditto Tieri and SeaGlass. He was the first tail maker I ever knew about, and all my wildest little mermaid dreams included one of his tails. I was very attracted to the idea of buying a mid-range tail and then working my way up to full silicone. Then I found the forum and our handy dandy list of tailmakers!
    Find me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and my WEBSITE
    Formerly known as Madison Juliette

But for his defense I have to say he isn't all bad, if my tail wouldn't leave color everywhere, I would be absolutely happy to my purchase. Paint job is lovely and the tail is functional in other ways, the issue I have just happens to be so there every time I use my tail cause I have to be so careful it doesn't touch any surfaces for too long and so on. He is a good tailmaker when he concentrates to making a good products. Of course that's not an excuse for anything, I think it actually might make things even worse: makes it clear he doesn't think everyone are on the same line.
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

Senior Member Pod of the Southwest Vrindavana Starfish's Avatar
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish On Twitter Add Vrindavana Starfish on Facebook
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish on Tumblr Visit Vrindavana Starfish's Youtube Channel
    Ditto Tieri and SeaGlass. He was the first tail maker I ever knew about, and all my wildest little mermaid dreams included one of his tails. I was very attracted to the idea of buying a mid-range tail and then working my way up to full silicone. Then I found the forum and our handy dandy list of tailmakers!
    Yes to this. Mertailer was the first tail maker I ever heard of, and I would have been convinced that one of his tails was what I wanted were it not for this forum. Now I see there are SO MANY talented and committed tail-makers to choose from, that when I am finally able to commit to a full silicone tail, it's going to be a tough decision between them all. And even before that, with all the beautiful fabric and hybrid tails people are offering, there are so many more options before I even get to full silicone. No reason to buy from a shady seller with inconsistent quality.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    he always does this, someone offers something, he says he's going to offer it, but doesnt lol
    ive noticed this too and my first thought when i saw this thread was:

OH MY GOD
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Thank you so much Wesley
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

BLESS YOUR FABULOUS FACE WESLEY OMFG