Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mertailor Offering Fixes now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tieri View Post
    ^My concerns, exactly. It was Eric's tails that got me interested in Mermaiding in the first place, and I wanted one of his tails so badly... I'm glad I had the sense to join here first before actually spending so much on him— he's capable of making really beautiful tails (I guess?? All the ones I've liked the most were mostly Matt's work, tbh), but it's such a high risk of getting a rushed and half-assed tail from him. It's a huge gamble for that kind of money, and if that's the case then I'd rather put the extra money aside and order from someone like Merbellas or FinFolk, who have a way better track record and customer service.
    That's exactly what happened to me, too! His tails were the first I came across and I was saving up to buy one when I found this forum. Praise Poseidon for Mernetwork, which (1) showed me the truth about the iffy Mertailor quality and (2) gave me the resources I needed to make my own.

That blue tail is mine. And I'm selling it because it's the Monofin is the one he's using now. So maybe someone likes it and wants it. I feel like trying to sell it is better than accepting loosing 3200 I spent on it. I'm 18 years old and I don't have that much money laying around. The person that posted that comment on his site is my boyfriends mother. Who is familiar with silicone and working with it because of her job. I feel like there is so many people complaining and judging me for trying to sell my tail. I did everything I could for it. I contacted Eric and he just hid behind his mother and told me he did nothing wrong and he's not going to fix it. So Matt told me he'd sell it for me with a free paint job and a free resize. I'm doing what I can to get some of my money back and get a new tail. I'm sort if it seems stupid to some people on here but unfortunately this is the most I can do. I researched the Monofin. It is safe. It is made for diving. Swimming. Not so much land photos. I would keep the tail if I could. I cannot because it doesn't fit length wise. That is not fixable. So it would fit someone else. If the tail was dangerous or bad I wouldn't be selling it. If you do not believe me. Contact Matt. He is the artist behind 99% of Mertailors things.
    Last edited by VanoraSirene; 09-29-2015 at 08:01 PM.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    you're allowed to sell it and some people will buy it for whatever reason they feel like. Don't feel judged or anything. Some people might just want it for photoshoots or tank gigs!

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    ^seconded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not judging, only confused(didn't find a better word). I was feeling so bad for you when you made that thread of the tail and monofin being not what you wanted and you said yourself that nobody should have it. Then it just seemed that suddenly it was okay. As I said on your selling-thread, I think you should add there the info that monofin is different than in the previous Mertailor tails, cause f.ex. I was quite enthusiastic when I saw the tail being for sale on Merrowfins' page and considered to buying it. After I realized that it was this tail with the different monofin I felt a bit bad, it saids nothing of the mono being different than previous tails, and I actually like that fluke a lot and have tried Riiarin's tail and I loved the propulsion, so I'd have felt very disappointed if I'd have received so different mono.

But this is just me, you could maybe try to add the tail on eBay, it seems that full silicone tails sell there quite well.

One who _should_ feel judged on this one is The Mertailor himself, it's quite bad business (amongst everything else) to change the monofins without telling current customers anything. (not to mention making tail in wrong size)
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Coradion's Avatar

Visit Coradion's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalani View Post
    It looks like there would be none at all. It would make sense in that case, as Mertailor's tails are very showy and flashy... From what I've collected, the propulsion isn't amazing.

It's similar to any fin with that much drag. I've gotten to look overa bunch of mertailor tails and even some gutted and frankensteined ones. What he doesn't always highlight is that he cuts down the monofin a lot and he also drills holes in the center and like zip ties the pieces together? It's really weird and they monofins tend to crack in the center from the added weight and the compromised fiberglass bladed.

Quote Originally Posted by Coradion View Post
    It's similar to any fin with that much drag. I've gotten to look overa bunch of mertailor tails and even some gutted and frankensteined ones. What he doesn't always highlight is that he cuts down the monofin a lot and he also drills holes in the center and like zip ties the pieces together? It's really weird and they monofins tend to crack in the center from the added weight and the compromised fiberglass bladed.
    This is true, my mono isn't that great either but it still has so much more propulsion than my partial had. Well of course cause in partial there isn't mono at all... But actually that splash fluke had nice propulsion when I tried Riiarin's tail. Too bad that one has snapped apart too... :/
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

I'm okay with it now because I did my research on it. And I now understand why this one is in it. The old monofins used to puncture through the silicone. The new tail I'm trying to buy I'm pretty sure has the same monofin in it. I'm just trying to get a new one because my tail doesn't dif height wise which is basically unfixable.

Senior Member Pod of Cali introverting's Avatar
    Add introverting on Facebook
    Follow introverting on Tumblr Visit introverting's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Juliette View Post
    That JT meme just killed me, Tieri. Bravo.

That monofin is kinda ridiculous. Somewhere in Florida, a small child is STILL searching for that boomerang that landed in the bushes back in 2013.
    OMFG IM CRYING

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    Well, there is this..

Attachment 33201

Attachment 33202

So obviously it's something that Eric made himself. I think I remember somebody saying that he was using Bi-Fins but I forgot where exactly. I don't know anymore if it's something I read a while ago on Facebook or on MerNetwork
    Look at that mono... it's only made for one thing and that's snapping in half! I mean look at it.. LOOOK!

Mermaid Riia
    (Merenneito Riia)

Finland's first mermaid entertainer

www.merenneitoriia.fi

user formerly known as Riiarin

I decided to lower my tail price from
    $2,000 to $500.

Why are you lowering it so much? especially if it's a practically new tail

Because I just wanna get rid of it. I'm kinda giving up the whole mermaid thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanora View Post
    Because I just wanna get rid of it. I'm kinda giving up the whole mermaid thing.
    This breaks my heart! I can't even imagine how frustrated you must be, but I hope you won't allow this set back to affect your dreams.
    If being a mermaid isn't a big loss either way, then cool. But if it's important to you; I'd encourage you to keep at it! I'm sure you have the support of many. You have mine!

No it's okay. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do. So I figured I'll sell my tail and find something else to do.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Vanora,

I started with a shitty mertailor experience. An unusuable tail.
    Now look at me. Award winning company, multiple merbella tails, been on TV, music videos, plastered in papers, travelled the world, and two published books.

GIRL BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY YOU SHOULDNT GIVE UP BECAUSE YOU GOT A SHITTY MERTAILOR TAIL.

You know Raven got her start after getting a shitty one too? It's almost like a right of initiation for mermaids. Get a shitty mertailor tail, turn your life around, and have a kick ass business.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    But I don't wanna buy a shitty Mertailor tail!

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    But I don't wanna buy a shitty Mertailor tail!

I only found MN because Raina got a shitty tail from him.
    It's one of the first things that comes up when one searches for mermaids

And if it wasn't, I might have bought one off him without any idea what I was getting into, and never learned to sew and craft myself what I need.

I'm 18 years old. I put aside every paycheck for a year for this tail. I somehow always end up getting the short end of the stick no matter what. I've been through so much in my life that my push factor has been ruined. My step father sexually abused me. When given the choice me or him, my mother chose him. I was bounced from foster home to foster home anywhere from crazy religious people to crazy cocaine dealers. And for the last 4 years of my life getting this tail is what kept me going. Then I finally got it and realized there's nothing I can do to fix it... I'm just over it. I've tried way too hard. And I just don't have anymore time or patience or strength to put in it. Now I'm 18 and I have bills to pay and a car to buy. Thanks everyone for your support but I think the experience I had with my tail was just a sign that I should focus on something else. Not everyone can be s mermaid. 💕

@Vanora, you don't have to have a silicone tail to be a mermaid. If mermaiding is what's kept you going through hard times don't give up on it. Just take a little break and breathe, work past this setback and concentrate on finances for a little bit. Get a good fabric tail so you'll have something to swim in until you can get money for a dream tail.