Thread: merfolktails.info

Exclamation merfolktails.info

After mermaidtails.net (formerly a list of commercial tailmakers for years) was bought out by FinFun, we bought the domain www.merfolktails.info to redirect to our tailmaker list! Now you can let people know a straight forward url where they can find information about tail makers!

We also updated the page quite a while back to include tail makers location, types of tails they make, price range, what kind of sizing they have, if rush ordering is available, and their websites/social media/contact info All laid out to help ease of browsing when they're looking for a tail.
    There's also links to the review forums, and a link at the top of the page explaining the types of materials/tails, for those that don't know the differences in materials.

So spread the word! Merfolktails.info is the place to refer folks who are looking for tails

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Good move! Will definitely be using this
    I see you updated a lot of tailmakers as well. Glad to see some new faces in there!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Yup! Trying to keep on top of things A couple of folks missing, just waiting to hear back from them for their info so I can list 'em.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Awesome! I'm glad to have the updates.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    I am too. The update you've put in have really made the list such an amazing and easy to navigate asset to current and future mers Iona. You're doing a great job.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

Thank you! Working hard to make it a good asset for folks to use and refer to

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Would it be useful to sort tailmakers by the types of tails that they make as well? Silicone, latex, neoprene and fabric, etc. of course. Sure, people like Mernation and Mertailor make both silicone and fabric, but they are most known for their silicone tails.
    It may be easier for new members to the community to find the tail that they are looking for without having to know all of the tailmakers in depth
    formerly known as Kalani

I know Iona has listed what types of tails each different maker makes under their name and she also lists the price range. So in a way they kind of are sorted aren't they?

She has, and that actually leads me to a new idea. What is you could simply click 'silicone' or 'fabric', and whichever tailmaker has that particular tag will get sorted into a group in front of you? Almost like a hashtag system!
    Considering there are so many new tailmakers popping up and more rising up in the ranks, just adding some food for thought
    Of course, if it isn't too hard to manage. I know Iona already does so much <3
    formerly known as Kalani

Oooooooooo thats a super cool idea. If it isn't tooo complicated I second Kalani's suggestion. That would make things really simple for anyone looking for a new tail or tail-maker.

I've thought about doing that actually. It's just a matter of how I'd accomplish it with the coding (which I have no knowledge about haha). I know when mermaidtails.net had their list up they had it separated by type of tail, but that meant listing several tailmakers 4 times and IMO it didn't look great. Not streamlined at all. I might just make multiple pages of the list and have links for each kind of tail, do it that way. We'll see what I can make work when I have time. I've apparently just been recruited to do a bunch of stuff for my brother's wedding sooo yeah we'll see when I get around to it haha :P

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Aw should have said something (or I should have paid better attention ), was thinking about doing something like this and have a decent domain you could have used.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk