Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E6000 poisoning

Does anyone know how to remove the smell e6000 has? I used it for a top four days ago, and it still smells awful. I've left it outside, but I don't want it getting wet if it still hasn't cured.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid_Rain's Avatar
    Add Mermaid_Rain on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid_Rain's Youtube Channel
    It has a 24 hour cure time so you should be good. No clue on how to get the smell out, though. I got desensitized to the smell a while ago because I've used this stuff religiously for years. Wasn't even aware of the dangers until this post

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid_Rain's Avatar
    Add Mermaid_Rain on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid_Rain's Youtube Channel
    This though...it explains so much. For a year and a half I've been dealing with what I thought was the worst lupus flare of my life, only to see all of my symptoms laid out in someone elses screenshot. It all started after I lost a large amount of weight, too. I've used e6000 almost daily for 8 years for my crafting and boutique stock, bare handed, not ventilating the fumes because it didn't "bother" me.

I'm legitimately discussing all of this with my doctor now, because holy shit.

Here in Belgium, you can't buy that glue as it's banned. And if you find a tube, it's very small and very expensive.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Fenicia View Post
    Here in Belgium, you can't buy that glue as it's banned. And if you find a tube, it's very small and very expensive.
    Look for SilPoxy from SmoothOn. It COULD be expensive in Belgium, but it wouldn't be illegal.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    When you're caught and find yourself tossed back,
    take advantage of the motion, and catch the next wave!

Senior Member Euro Pod MermanOliver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIF View Post
    Look for SilPoxy from SmoothOn. It COULD be expensive in Belgium, but it wouldn't be illegal.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Should be avaliable in Europe, at least via FormX in the Netherlands. They stock the whole program of SmoothOn and ship it in Europe. And depending on where in Belgium you are, their store is in Amsterdam.

I know about formx as I bought my dragonskin there and if I need a very strong glue, I use Rangers glossy accents.

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod
    Pod of The South
    It must be a sign that as soon as I start crafting with E6000 this shows up in the radar. It is incredibly toxic but I had no idea it could further autoimmune issues. Thank you so much for the heads up!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    Me too! I'll be avoiding using this without my respirator!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Ocoree on Facebook
    It's definitely not a fun experience. I always make sure to warn anyone using the stuff to keep well-ventilated if there isn't a viable alternative for their particular project.