Hey Mers!

So I'm in the process of getting my ducks in a row for my formal dive into professional mermaiding.

My first order of business is to have a mermaid storytime at our library. Now the library already has a weekly storytime, but I've been asking moms who take their kids to storytime what they think of it so far.

Many have expressed wanting more storytime days. So I'll be bringing a proposal to the library to start either my own story time or to at least volunteer during their regular storytime.

Now my questions for ya'll is: do you do storytime? What do you do? I've only been to two different storytimes, in different states, in vastly different locations, and the volunteers just talked with the children and read different books for the hour. One storytime had small crafts for the kids.

From the info I got so far, it seems like this storytime has songs for the kids (when I get a free day, I'll go see for myself).

I have a huge archive ready for books to read, themes, and everything, but should storytime just be about books? Should it be more?