Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NC Mer-Mania 2016

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar

NC Mer-Mania 2016

The NC Mer-Mania website is now live!

"We are glad you are here! We hope that you will join us for one of the largest merfolk meetups of 2016. On January 2-3, 2016, hundreds of mermaids and mermen from around the word will come together in a state of the art aquatic facility, the Greensboro Aquatic Center, in North Carolina for swimming, networking, learning, friendship and so much more!

We will play host to several educational sessions, a Kid Zone entertainment area, and our “crown jewel” event; the Saturday evening Mersquerade. This is a family friendly conference and open to everyone interested in the fast-growing world of mermaiding. We even have openings for mer-related vendors as well. Sponsorships for this event are available.

Mark your calendar and buy your tickets…you won’t want to miss the event of the year!"

For those arriving early, there will also be a mixer at the Sheraton Greensboro the night of January 1st.

Feel free to post your questions here, the Facebook Page, or on the website itself.
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

"A block of rooms has been reserved for the low price of $118 per room at the Greensboro Sheraton. Attendees must call and reserve rooms, ask for the MerMania block."

Is it $118 for both Friday and Saturday night, or is that per night?
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    Mernetwork Moderator

Beautiful site! Good job NC Mer-Mania Team!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Looks wonderful Dan!

Awesome site! So excited to see how everything turns out
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

$118 is the price per room per night. I think they allow up to 4 people per room, which of course means they would split the bill.

Senior Member Pod of The South saborigakusei's Avatar
    YES! Finally! Thanks Merman Dan!

Is everyone leaving on the 3rd? How late are the events going to run that day?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I am really excited to be presenting on the topic of making money off of youtube with Shannon and Venessa talking other really important parts to media and marketing.

I'll also be working the kid's event and we'll have some of mermaid Linden's AWESOME new monofins there so kids can try them out in person!

Ooh you are talking about making money off of Youtube? Oh my gosh I was thinking about how to do that just the other day!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

If I had a nickel for every time I posted a link to the farting fish Youtube video, we'd have our private island by now.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman Dan View Post
    If I had a nickel for every time I posted a link to the farting fish Youtube video, we'd have our private island by now.
    Dew Caye for the win!

Well before I book a room, does anyone want to share a room? Gender does not matter.

I would also be interested in working the kids events and kids zone.

The wrangler and I are planning on being there! I don't think we'll be able to swing the masquerade though. Would there be anything going on after it that we would want to stick around for?

(Raina darling, I am so tackling the stuffing out of you when I finally meet you.)
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    Mernetwork Moderator

For everyone who is going, where are you coming in from? I'm really interested in seeing how far mers travel to come to this convention
    I'm on the opposite side of the country, but I would love to attend someday!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

I will be flying in from Seattle to attend :3

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Yay Lorelei so happy. Yay Ed!! Sean promises not to leave you behind this time if we drive anywhere! Lol ( he still feels bad)

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Haha, at least it all worked out in the end. Be good to see everyone again, I hope there'll be karaoke.

I am also someone looking for a room to crash in (can pay a portion of course). Should we set up a seperate roomsharing thing or something?

Quote Originally Posted by exdraghunt View Post
    Haha, at least it all worked out in the end. Be good to see everyone again, I hope there'll be karaoke.

I am also someone looking for a room to crash in (can pay a portion of course). Should we set up a seperate roomsharing thing or something?
    Your welcome to join my room. Haven't bought it yet...not sure when the deadline is.

The ride share website I set up is fairly flexible. You could make a car entry for Hotel Room (HR) and people can join using that. http://www.groupcarpool.com/t/0mg4bz

ROOM RESERVATIONS ARE NOW LIVE!

visit this link:
    https://reservations.ihotelier.com/c...m?hotelID=2576

and use attendee code: MM2016

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Saren's Avatar
    Follow Saren On Twitter
    Follow Saren on Tumblr Visit Saren's Youtube Channel
    Sadly I won't be going after all. It's just too far and while I have the money (for once) flying during holiday season to NC, for just two days costs over $1,000. I hope the very best for this event, as it sounds really really great, and I hope that everyone has fun!
    Mermaid Saren
    ||Tumblr||YouTube||Instagram||Twitter||

user formerly known as Fayrn