Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regional Ecosystems

Regional Ecosystems

This is another research question for my fiction. Does anyone know of a good source for the flora and fauna of specific regions under the sea? Specifically the Bahamas and off the East coast of Florida. I'm afraid I'm pretty ignorant on this topic and I don't want to be describing or dropping the names of species that just don't belong there.

Alveric

talk to the FWC. they are happy to give information.
    come find Mermaid-Odette on facebook!
    my website is here
    instagram

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/KahWlYkRbiGo8" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>via GIPHY

I found some interesting things by googling "chesapeake bay species" when I was looking up local sealife. You might try something similar using boolean operators to narrow things down

Check your local dive shop! They should have diver's guides to marine life in various locations.

What does FWC stand for? Believe it or not, there are dive shops here in Kentucky, not easy to find though.

Thanks all for the info.

Alveric

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Coradion's Avatar

Visit Coradion's Youtube Channel
    University of Florida has a marine bio program. If there is public access to their research library you may be able to search it for a list of titles on Florida's species. You may also try Google Scholar.