Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you date a mermaid?

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Grey Gambit's Avatar
    Add Grey Gambit on Facebook
    Follow Grey Gambit on Tumblr
    I'd probably feel comfortable dating someone from the mer community, depending on how we meshed, but I wouldn't be too picky on gender.
    It'd be nice to find someone who at least isn't scared of swimming. That seems to have somehow been a commonality between ex's?
    Mythical mer.... Well, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Yeah. Totally. I'd swim with her, too.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I'm the type of person that is holding out for someone I have a certain connection with. I guess I'm not likely to get hooked any tide soon.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Texas gay-mermaid's Avatar

Follow gay-mermaid on Tumblr
    Dude i had a crush on aquamarine as a kid, and the h2o girls! I would date a mermaid from the community or from the sea!! Or a pirate lady....or a princess......or a lifeguard..........girls are pretty

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    I would date a lady who's already mermaiding.....though I will never date a lady and then introduce her to the community. I learn my lesson on that one.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

I would date a mermaid, a real one.
    Last edited by Derek Broussard; 10-28-2017 at 04:28 AM.

Banned
    Follow MermaidAnnabella On Twitter
    Visit MermaidAnnabella's Youtube Channel
    Of course, but like anyone it depends on their personality and who they are as a mer. I actually told a merman user on Facebook that I thought he was cute, but he ended up being totally creepy (name of the guy is Kristian Hove and he's in Norway - only sharing his name so y'all can be safe and stay away). Just like anyone, it depends on who they are and what kind of mer they are.

Banned
    Follow MermaidAnnabella On Twitter
    Visit MermaidAnnabella's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I would date a lady who's already mermaiding.....though I will never date a lady and then introduce her to the community. I learn my lesson on that one.
    I'm sorry that you had a negative experience with that. My last boyfriend was super supportive of my mermaiding, and I was always self-conscious about it too (this was before I discovered the Mernetwork).

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAnnabella View Post
    I'm sorry that you had a negative experience with that. My last boyfriend was super supportive of my mermaiding, and I was always self-conscious about it too (this was before I discovered the Mernetwork).
    It’s no problem. I love being supportive of people. If the lady is aware that mermaiding is a thing, I’ll change my mind. I want more people exposed to swimming as mers. I saved the voicemails and a copy of a voice message she sent to another mer referring to a merman as a creeper when he only messaged her to be friends. I’m just cautious now as I don’t want to expose the community to another bad apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

I would in a heartbeat be great to have someone just like you around

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Holly's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Holly on MySpace
    I would love to find a guy who is as into mermaiding (mermaning???) As me!

Sent from my SM-J327P using MerNetwork mobile app
    "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."

Psalm 42:7

I’m already taken but if I wasn’t I would date a merman as long as we clicked and got along! It’s all about the connection and how well we get along if they are a merman great if not then that’s ok to! Thow having someone who appreciates the mer community would be nice !

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

I would date a merman or pirate if they shared the same values as me. *blush* They already checked one box on the list which is that they are as weird or weirder than me. They must be fun if they are into the mercommunity.
    But there aren't any in my area.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    You are never alone.
    There are about
    7,266,786,800 people in the world.
    So mathematically speaking,
    Even if your are one in a million there are still about
    72,667 people who are just like you.

You are never alone.
    There are about
    7,266,786,800 people in the world.
    So mathematically speaking,
    Even if your are one in a million there are still about
    72,667 people who are just like you.

I asked my husband if he would still love me and be with me if I were a mermaid. He said if I was a mermaid when wet and had human legs when dry, like in Splash, H2O, the 2004 Mermaids movie etc, then heck yes😄

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod MerGreg's Avatar
    Add MerGreg on Facebook
    Absolutely I would date a mermaid!

Hmm depends on several things, one being that we got along and if she got along with my dogs. But if I met a mermaid that was interested in me then, I'd totally be willing to take a chance!

I feel okay about dating, er, ordinary people it all depends on a person, some get interested in my hobbies. Wickedlist is a nice site, I met some friends here and had a couple of nice dates.

Dated one, married one.
    H.P. Lovecraft “You fool, Warren is DEAD!”

Well no as i m already married to someone who isnt (that being say i might convince him to give it a try one day ah i can dream can't i? My love is way to shy for it i guess) but yes i could have dated a merman if i didn't already found the right one for me somewhere else as is the case.