Thread: Instagram user contacts instagram mermaids... trusted?

Instagram user contacts instagram mermaids... trusted?

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if anybody here also got a message via Instagram from user franwingmartinez.

"Hello, I can you ask for a favor? I saw a picture if you and I liked and have an idea to draw, I can at describing my idea and you tell me if you want to make? I like this under water and holding your breath and also like you "

When I asked about the idea he told me to add him/her to whatsapp. I asked if we could talk about it through something other than Whatsapp, since I don't want to give out my number to somebody I don't know.

I asked twice, both times he/she said "yes, add me. whatsapp -number- ". So I simply said "no" this time and he/she was offended.

The art on his/her instagram is beautiful and I'd have loved to work on a project, but I don't trust the way this went down.

A Mer-friend of mine got the exact same message. So I was curious..did he/she contact anybody from here?

I googled the username but only found Instagram stuff, no other social media.
    ...<3 <3...
    *~~ IŽd love for you to follow me on Facebook ,
    Youtube or Instagram! ~~*

I've been requested to do the same thing. I told them that I wouldn't mind talking to them through instagram or my facebook mermaid page, but they turned those down and disappeared.
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    That would sketch me out terribly. Whether the art is amazing or not, if they were really interested in working with you I feel they wouldn't be so against going through channels you are more comfortable with such as continuing to discuss things via Instagram or like Lorelei suggested via her mermaid facebook page.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lorelei View Post
    I've been requested to do the same thing. I told them that I wouldn't mind talking to them through instagram or my facebook mermaid page, but they turned those down and disappeared.
    Was it the exact same user? So weird... I wonder if it's some sort of perv or something other...

Quote Originally Posted by Saelyyia View Post
    That would sketch me out terribly. Whether the art is amazing or not, if they were really interested in working with you I feel they wouldn't be so against going through channels you are more comfortable with such as continuing to discuss things via Instagram or like Lorelei suggested via her mermaid facebook page.
    I agree. I gave him/her an -old- email adress that I hardly ever use and told him/her to contact me through there. If he/she doesn't respond, then I know enough.
    ...<3 <3...

Wow, I actually gave her my number, because I checked her number first and found out it was a real spanish number, normally all the scams are from china etc., and also checked out all her instagram comments and I thought they looked like she already had some business with some people, after reading these things I blocked her in whatsapp. She actually contacted me on whatsapp already and said she was at work, so couldn't talk at the moment, but ttl. Well, this person now has my number, so let's see if I'm totally screwed... O.O
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

Quote Originally Posted by Merenneito Nerissa View Post
    Wow, I actually gave her my number, because I checked her number first and found out it was a real spanish number, normally all the scams are from china etc., and also checked out all her instagram comments and I thought they looked like she already had some business with some people, after reading these things I blocked her in whatsapp. She actually contacted me on whatsapp already and said she was at work, so couldn't talk at the moment, but ttl. Well, this person now has my number, so let's see if I'm totally screwed... O.O

I checked her number too but couldn't really find anything useful. It bugs me mostly that I can't find anything on this person. An artist with such talent should have more pages on the internet , you'd say.

I think he/she can't do too much harm if you've blocked him/her now. I'm somewhat curious what he would ask if you did keep him/her on Whatsapp... what kind of images he wants..
    ...<3 <3...

Yeah, maybe I still will keep this person blocked even though I'm curious too I think my mind isn't strong enough that I'd be able to deal with some merperv...

And maybe I'm wrong and this person really ís an artist and he/she really only does want to work on a project... but I still think it's fishy. (sorry about the pun ;-) )
    Last edited by Mermaid Abigail; 11-04-2015 at 03:09 PM.
    ...<3 <3...

Yeah, maybe I still will keep this person blocked even though I'm curious too I think my mind isn't strong enough that I'd be able to deal with some merperv...
    Haha, dealing with pervs isn't fun. So true! It's just such a weird story to me, so for me personally...I don't trust it
    ...<3 <3...

So I searched for this "kik" app that he (I'm just gonna assume it's a guy) asked me about and I found that it does not give out your number, so I've installed that and added him there.

He added me back, greeted me and said that we would talk later, he was busy now. Sounds like what he said to you as well Merenneito Nerissa.
    ...<3 <3...

Yes, it really does O.O Kinda weird, please keep us updated

I have no idea what is kik, btw, I even installed whatsapp like a month ago

I have no idea what is kik, btw, I even installed whatsapp like a month ago
    I LOVE my whatsapp haha, but then again: I'm a phone addict Kik isn't really known in the Netherlands I think, we all use Whatsapp. Kik seems to be a mobile app where you have to choose a usename and give your email adress. After that, you can chat with other members who you search by name. As long as it doesn't give out your number, that's okay by me.
    ...<3 <3...

Is the art really theirs?
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

I honestly don't know. I took some of the images into the Google search engine but it came up empty.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D5803 met Tapatalk
    ...<3 <3...

I've never heard of Whatsapp actually. Sounds cool. To me Kik is basically like texting only you "text" a username instead of a phone number.

Whatsapp is basically texting, but you can also send pictures, movie clips, music, emoji's...and it's free! it does have a high " Big Brother " thing to it though people in your whatsapp list can see when you were last active there and you get a comfirmation in the form of 2 blue signs when the person has read their message. So you can never say that you didn't recieve the message
    Last edited by Mermaid Abigail; 11-06-2015 at 07:38 AM.
    ...<3 <3...

And I still haven't gotten a new message from him/her on Kik, so I deleted the app again. Got no patience for this
    ...<3 <3...

No matter how much money you have, I've found that in today's society you constantly want to download and use your favorite programs for nothing. You'll find it interesting to learn that you may download the whatsapp gb download
    for free because of this. The fact that this application is so well-liked by users is why I suggest that you download it.